You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Magnet For Invisible Harrassment

Real Ghost Stories

A Magnet For Invisible Harrassment

 

The following sequences of events are non-fictitious and have happened to me. These experiences began when I was around 5 years old and have continued to this day. I have learnt to live with them. There was never a time in my early childhood when I did not experience something unexplainable, often with the only explanation plausible, being a supernatural one. I often awoke to strange sounds, like somebody was moving their hands on my bed spread, or playing with my bedside lamp or walking around in my room (sometimes for hours). I was always too afraid to get up and have a look. To switch a light on would require courage I did not possess at such a young age (and still do not to this day); it was much easier to bury my head under my covers.

In my early teens, my family moved from Italy to Australia. My personal experiences continued in the first house we lived in. When I was around 13, they seemed to intensify. I often would wake up in the early hours of the morning and feel something was in the room with me. Looking around the dark room, I would sometimes see a dark shape suddenly move. Sometimes towards me (prompting me to close my eyes and whimper) or sometimes it would sit on a chair in my room. I would spend those early hours awake and terrified, praying for daylight to save me.

One particular night, when these episodes were at their worst, I had gone to bed early that night leaving my bedside lamp on (which had become a nightly ritual.) I was shaken awake by a rumbling sound which seemed to stop as soon as I opened my eyes. My lamp was switched off. I tried to switch it back on but it would not turn on. I discovered a moment of bravery and had decided to leap for the main light switch as quickly as I could. Just as I was about to launch myself off the bed, I froze. A man was standing in my bedroom looking at me. He was older, perhaps in his 30's. He looked angry and agitated. I couldn't scream, instead I buried my head under my covers. I realised that the panic had made me freeze. My bed cover was removed slowly from under me just as I suddenly found the strength to call out softly. Each time my voice grew stronger and stronger until I was yelling loudly. The man in my room kept looking at me unconcerned. My light switch suddenly came on and my father and mother both stood in the doorway looking at me. Needless to say, the man was gone.

My father the next day tried to convince me it had been a dream. I tried to convince my father that in order for it to have been a dream, I would have needed to have been asleep which I certainly had not been.

These episodes still happen, though not as frequently. Perhaps around once every few months I will get a nightly visitor that scares me. If my partner is with me, I usually manage to elbow them as a signal to switch on the light!

I've been told that these visits are by entities or other worldly beings that have a message for me.

I maintain to this day that I am not in the slightest bit interested and will not be until after I've died. Yet still they come.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, belfusion, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

smiley101 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Whole sh*t! Poor u!:O If that happened to me I don't know what I wouldve done! Ok, if you really want this bad entity to be gone, I have heard that they hate it when you bring up the name "Jesus" and think images of him. They usually leave you alone more when you do that.
flashy_elf (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Why don't you try asking it what it wants?
It may be that it's distressed over something and needs some help. That may be why it was angry.
Hope I was some help
-Flashy Elf 😊
signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
maybe they wil leave you alone if you'd listen to them.
Try it
Torbalan (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
This must be the coolest story I've read
Sorry to draw amusement from your predicament btw:)

Anyway
Wether this is real or not, I'll offer my advice
Summon up the courage to confront your demons (figuratively or not)
If you show weakness you'll be crushed
Thats true for everything in our world, I don't see why it shouldn't be for anything from beyond
Littlebunny123 (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
When you speak to these things that tends to open a door that you might not want open. So who ever is telling you to answer it, don't because it'll get worse and I know you don't know me but trust me if you answer it will get worse
sterhawk123 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
You can ask them why or say hello nicely 😁 because they maybe scary doesn't mean there not nice. Everybody has emotion so you can still be nice but be mad at the time.
It's natural.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Belfusion, you're welcome. I hope the life you want comes to be, and no one ever bothers you. Take Care.
belfusion (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Thanks for your input.
Yes I did try mediums. One of them told me to carry amethyst quartz and keep one by my bedside table. This did not work.
My partner is always sleeping when it happens which freaks me out even more.
I have tried verbally telling them to leave. This sometimes works. Not often. Getting angry seems to minimise their disruption but I'm usually too afraid to get angry.
This site has helped me to feel less alone about it. It's comforting to know others experience similar.

Thanks again guys:)
befcoco (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
creepy story! But also very interesting... Seeing that the spirits or "presences" arent keen on harming you or anything but rather keen to obtain your attention, I would think they might be in need of your help or something or vice versa! And I get the fear... I'd be scared too if my experiences were that intense:)
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
I'm sorry to hear you've been so harrassed. Have you tried having a genuine medium assist you in closing your "third eye?" (if possible). These experiences are NOT about there being a message for you. Rather, your aura is showing entities, that your psychic abilities are open/strong, and so they are attracted to you. Since you are not interested, you should be personally instructed as to how to meditate and alter your aura into what the majority display (a closed third eye). You should also reduce feelings of fear, by increasing a sense of power from your close alliance with God. Negative entities feed on fear, and you should get a little angry, and stop cowering; though I know it's hard. Some people are born mediums, and if this is not brought under control, have ended up in mental institutions. Some spirits have been known to intentionally harrass a person (medium or not), just for the sheer fun of it, to drive them insane or to suicide. So far, you don't report you've been targeted, but why wait? From what you've wrote, many know you can see them, and you need to rightfully take charge, and put an end to this disruption of your peace, and sleep well.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
Creepy story. Have you ever verbally told it to leave you alone? It never hurts to try lol. And are you the only one experiencing this, or is your partner also? Thanks for sharing this with us!
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
Wow that's crazy I can relate to you on that I've been touched when I was barely going to sleep and I've heard whispers in my ear as well as tuggs on my clothes that's really scary though maybe you should have your place blessed so the spirits can rest in peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: