You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Lacy Doesn't Suffer Anymore

Real Ghost Stories

Lacy Doesn't Suffer Anymore

 

My Grandmother had two cats, Lacy and Cagney. (Yes she named them after the cops in the show 'Cagney and Lacy') Lacy recently died and her ashes stand in our cabinet.

I have started to feel a tail being brushed along my leg. I thought it was Cagney at first, but Cagney is on the other chair. I have also heard Lacy's croaks in my Nana's living room. Cagney only once, made the same croak Lacy made.

I should explain: Lacy was very old and had an 'Irregular thyroid'. She couldn't meow because the thyroid was so bad so she croaked. It was a horrible sound and once I had to cry because Lacy started choking and threw up. She would throw up so often.

I left on a weekend to go to my father's house and received a call saying (I won't reveal my name so I'll be called UN) "UN...We went to the vet and they said Lacy was suffering now. We put her to sleep." now after that call I admit to crying.

But now I feel she is protecting me from harm. I think I had a vision that Lacy would die (One night before I went to Dad's house I had a violent dream where I saw Lacy croaking terribly, retching and throwing up 11 times in different places before she died. I looked at her in my dream and she was flat at her stomach. I woke up to see Lacy retching, and vomiting on my bed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WinkycatOfGhosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
By the way What your grandma say about the show that she name after it I know who you talk about I watch them as a kid.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Hello I love cats and yes my own cat always throw up some say hairballs some say somethhing eles we don't know what cause it and now my cat just turn 12 and she don't meow alots for no reason she like a shy meow and other outside same way but both love to be loving. I am real cats lover.
WinkycatOfGhosts (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
[at] Hobby:Well I believe I forgot a part. Cagney meows at air and stares at blankness. The sound her croak made was terrible. It sounded like hhhhhh! Hhhhhh!
Thanks for the comment, Winky ❤ and winky is our other cat.Young,mean,and odd! 😆
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
my former roommate had a cat that could not "meow" either. You're dead on about explaining the noise the cat made. Her cat never threw up, but we thought it was going to.

Some people pass and don't leave. I believe the same with animals

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: