You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Late Night Visitor?

Real Ghost Stories

A Late Night Visitor?

 

I am a newcomer to this site, but I have been reading here for quite awhile. I finally was able to get enough courage to share my experiences. Before I begin my first experience, here's some background of me. I have lived in California practically all my life. Never left the U.S., and even more amazing, I lived in the same house for all 20 years of my life. Now I have never witnessed any apparitions in my home. So I don't believe that my house is 100% haunted. However strange and unexplained things do happen.

Now here's some more back story.

When I was younger, my grandfather died. He died in the very house itself. We had a bed for him in the living room, and everyone in my family stood by his side. Eventually my grandfather did die. I was around 14 or 15 years old that time. It was a very sad event for the family and until this day we still talk about it. Now the reason I am saying all this, is because after my grandfather died, I started to suffer night after night of sleep paralyzes. Every time, at night, as I'm sleeping, my mind would tell me something was wrong. When I wake up, I would feel something pressing me down. Breathing would get very hard to do, and I couldn't move anything. All I could do most of the time was move my head left to right.

For the first few weeks after my grandfather's death, I would get SP every night. Then after some time, the attacks (for lack of a better word) became less and less. Now I became used to it, however one night will stay in my head forever. This night, which happened 8 months after my grandfather's death, I suffered another attack of SP. I would always be half awake during these attacks. As I was trying to snap out of it, (again all I could do was move my head left to right) I noticed a figure standing near my bed. It was completely dark, no features. But I was so set on freeing myself from the attack, that I was convinced the person was of flesh and blood. For some reason I thought it was my uncle Freddy. My uncle slept in the living room, which was not far from my room.

I remember calling out to him. Asking "Uncle Freddy, Uncle Freddy help..."

After I said that, the figure came toward me. I began to feel very afraid. I then told myself this person was not my uncle. The figure came toward me even more, and that's when I started to panic. I wanted to move, but I was still pinned down. I wanted to scream but I just made weird moaning sounds. The figure was already next to my bed, and before anything else happen, I blacked out. When I woke up, it was morning; I was sweating and moving again.

I'm not very sure if what happened was a dream. It felt too real and I normally don't wake up sweating. I even when to my uncle and ask him if he was in my room last night. And he said no. So who was in my room last night? I'm still not sure.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, darsuki89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I've experienced sleep paralysis once but had no trouble breathing. What you're describing sounds like sleep paralysis but not quite enough like it to me.

Sounds more like you were being forcibly restrained. I'm no sp expert though and admit my case my have been rare or maybe not every one has trouble breathing.

Sp is a naturally caused condition by the brain in order to keep us from acting out our dreams. It can be scary initially specially if you don't experience it often or for the first time.

The fact that you say a shadow being was in your room as well leads me to believe that this wasn't normal sleep paralysis. Then there's the feeling you say you had of something pressing down on you

Maybe it's common I haven't had more than one episode of sleep paralysis that I can remember. I know my legs felt heavy and no matter how hard I tried I could not move them.

Same thing with my arms it scared me at first but once I knew what it was it never did again. Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis with out the feeling of something pressing down on you?

Or with out there being a shadow being in the room with you? I ask cause I want to learn more since I have read so many stories in which people had sleep paralysis and explained the very same symptoms you feel as well as a shadow figure present!
darsuki89 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
To Oli: so far I'm the only one in my family that has SP. We all experienced strange events in the home. ^ ^
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
I agree with Stacier, I had SP for a while, but it only happened at my old house. And it wasn't only me experiencing it, my brothers and sister experienced it there too. Has anyone else in your family seen/experienced anything?
Stacier90 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
I've been suffering from SP for many years now. I'm not wholy convinced that it's all a scientific thing. They say that hallucinations are very common during SP. I've seen things that I will never forget. And I'll never know if they're real or not. However since moving from my former house almost half a year ago I haven't suffered from it once. Which makes me think it was attacks from the spirits in my house. They were always angry and doing crazy and stupid things. Anyways, maybe try researching hallucinations and stuff like that because a lot of people experience this, you're not alone

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: