You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma

 

I surf on commercial pier in Ft. Lauderdale FL. Surfing is my escape when I'm upset. My grandma had passed away two months prior. As a child I was abused... Something I'm ashamed of. My grandma protected me twice when she died.

I felt alone so I decided to go surfing on my own about 4 days before Katrina blew through. I had my long board and was about to cross the intersection to commercial when a hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back to the sidewalk seconds before a huge truck ran me over. I looked behind me and I saw my grandma sherlie and she said, "be careful Shana punim" which in yidish means pretty face.

I sat in shock as one moment I saw her the next she was gone. A woman ran over to me because my arm was bleeding and she asked if I was all right. I felt the emptiness dissipate... I wouldn't believe my eyes.

When I walked home I felt a presence with me. My mom asked me about my arm and I told her. She said I was lying and stuff. It hurt my feelings but I know that my grandma is with me. Also... I have dreams. I knew the night before my grandpa, grandma, grandpa sol, my uncle will and my dog Keish died. I don't know how but the next day I told my mom and later we'd get a call and unfortunately they had passed away.

It's weird and I hate the dreams because I know when they die. It's unfair!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PeaceloveAndtequilla, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
Hopeful poses an awesome question.
Do you see HOW they die, or do you only see that they pass away?
Thank you
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
I get the dreams too, I know it hurts waking up and by the end of the day they're gone. Think of it as their way of saying goodbye ahead of time, giving you a chance to run over and say farewell. I don't know if you feel this way, but sometimes I'm thankful for such things. Yes they are leaving, but this way you'll be able to make happy before they leave. After all, there's nothing worse than getting into an arguement with that person before they leave.

I can't say if they'll (the dreams) stay or if you'll be able to deal with them but it's not unfair--at least to me. They give you a warning, a time to prepare yourself. The question is, do you see how they die? Or just them saying farewell? Best of luck with this and thank you for sharing your story with us. May all of those that passed in your family rest in peace.

-Hope ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
I agree with them must of the time I sence something will happen just have to accpect the gift rather we don't or do like it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
WITH tequila comes peace and love. Sorry. I just had to say that. 😉
Sweetie, please do not take this the wrong way. I am not intending to hurt, nor belittle you.
There are those on the other side of the coin as you, who would wish for these types of warnings. And that is what they are. Not premonitions, but warnings. It is YOUR job to find a way to make them be known, without rocking the surfboard too much. Know what I mean?
Just because you SEE someone "die", does NOT mean that they HAVE to. Perhaps you were given this gift to help others enrich their lives.
Thank you.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Sorry to hear about your lose and your childhood, however your dreams are a sense you have developed possibly because of your past, it has giving you the ability to see when a relative is about to pass, my granny says it will get easier overtime to deal with these dreams as she has had them since she was a child also

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: