You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Mass at the End of the Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Black Mass at the End of the Bed

 

I cannot remember this incident as I was only 6 or 7. My parents tell it to me because it really freaked them out at the time. Now my parents are the kind of people that just don't get spooked by anything.

It was in my childhood home and I had a room to myself. Now for a week, apparently, I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming and crying. Of course my parents would rush in to see what the hell was going on. Only to find me hysterical, saying that the monster was at the end of my bed! As usual my parents thought it was just child nightmares. Or maybe our cat had walked into my room.

But one night, as I woke up again, hysterical, just my dad came but this time, he tells me he peeked through the gap in the door before walking in. And he says all he saw was a black mass at the end of my bed. Of course, as he opened the door to go in it disappeared!

After awhile I slept through the night. What ever it was had left. To this day, he can't explain it and admits he was freaked out. A lot of weird things have happened to me or my family. Quite strange.

Other hauntings by ErinT

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
It could have been a lot of things. The eyes are always under a lot of stress, taking things in, processing data. The fact he was peeking through a crack doesn't make things much better. And honestly, darkness can in fact be "blotchy". Also, children are like that a lot anyways. I haven't spoken to a single married friend who has had a kid who hasn't had at least one night crying about one thing or another.
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
It could be an acumulation of bad energy. Is there any problems at your home? Really stressing and full of hatred promblems? It's just a suggestion.
Mr_Question (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
i seen this black mass before but my one was more different I saw it few months ago I was sleeping and just suddenly woke up swung my hand at this black mass shaped as a person when I hit it and it just vanished and is saw its face it was poking his touge out at me like it was laughing at me I though it might be messing with my dreams or sumthing but it stopped my nightmare so I figure that thing was causing my nightmares and plus you do not want to be in one of might night mare they where way more worse than any horror movie and I sure hope that thing never comes back <: (im so curious what that thing was

Mr Question 😭 I kind of miss it I want to see it again but its life and life go's on 😆
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
I have something which blocks the light through the gap in my door and all of a sudden it goes all dark and that's when I get scared. Everyone else just sleeping there. I go through all the scary and strange things. 😊nevermind
miss_scary (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-19)
o.m.g I no exactly what you mean! 3 years ago a black mass came and watched me sleep, I no this because me best friend told me she saw it and I totally believe her! Some advice I have for you is you just got to go to the bright light.
no one special (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
In our home lately there are several " appearances of a very tall " man " in black walking in and through our home and our neighbors. My son is 17 and 6'3. He is 280 lbs. Not much scares him. He asked me to move or pray with him because this tall dark thing that everyone had seen was leaning over him and woke him up. We prayed. Also a little boy in a pinstriped suite appeared once and the nieghbors 3 year old child says he plays with him. I do not believe in any ghosts but one. The Holy Ghost. I have seen this thing and I set our dogs after it. Yes it vanished but I believe because he could run really fast. Some are afraid, some are not. I am not. I think people like to play tricks on people. I believe the mind plays tricks also. I know that a lot of people are credible witnesses here and abroad. I think the things that are seen could be " malicious pranks" or malicious demons or bad choice of a midnight snack. Either way there is cause for concern. If the veil is thinning or tearing away between this world and the spiritual, true christians know what that means and are not afraid. If it is Demons having a lark, Be afraid be very afraid. You could do what we do and pray to Jesus for protection. This takes TRUE FAITH. With this It does work. If you go looking for dark you find it. If you look for the light you find it. Try to stay on the side of light. Turn off the scarey movies.
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
It doesn't quite sound like a shadow being...ummm...I've heard of this "Black Mass" before.
They appear seemingly unexpectedly.
SoulGrind (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
damn, I posted the same thing... Although I don' think its published. It was a black mass, I was watching it and it was just reaching out at me... Freaky!
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
This is interesting, try to state more about your occurances so we can understand. What else happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: