You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Hands On The Mirror And Feathers On The Floor

Real Ghost Stories

Hands On The Mirror And Feathers On The Floor

 

My cousin passed away due to suicide at age 14 in August of 2007. Sadly enough, it was right before the beginning of the school year and her birthday. I have been shattered from this and believe many of my paranormal experiences may be related to her.

A few months after her death, my Aunt, (her mother) was in the shower. No one was home at the time and the door was locked. Stepping out of the shower, she realized there were two clear handprints pressed onto the mirror. They looked human, but with no oily residue, as human skin will leave behind. When my Aunt compared the sizes of the handprint and her own hand, they were almost exactly the same size. Oddly enough, a few days before the death, my cousin and my Aunt were talking. She said, "If you ever leave me, I'll know its you because our hands are the same size." I believe that she was maybe trying to tell her something, or possibly just letting her know she's OK. It saddens me to hear this because I know she must still be wandering the earth, or was, at that time, and not yet crossed over.

Very often I discover small white feathers lying around throughout my house. Sometimes they are large, dark ones. They seem to appear suddenly and with no way off getting there.

My mother was once doing laundry in our closed laundry room and said a black feather fell from the ceiling. I know departed loved ones can leave behind signs or items of importance, to be able to communicate with the living. I actually find the feathers calming and cheerful.

My cousin was my best friend we shared so much laughter in our time together. Even now I still have trouble accepting that my role model is gone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashes_2_Ashes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

demonkitty101 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
I'm sorry for you: (

And I can't answer any of your questions, either. But with the feather thing, I'm just going to ask another question. Why she would use feathers? Did she like them/hate them? Did she want something the feathers represent? (does that last one even make any sense?
kimchu (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
That's life. Whatever it means I know she's in peace already just wanted you to cheer up and bring some message of love to your family
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
I'm sorry for the loss you and your family have experienced but yes I do think this is your cousin - to commit suicide means that you are not happy with certain things within your life, now she has passed over she seems a lot happier and she is assuring you all she is ok by leaving these messages with you. You said you feel cheerful and calm when you see these feathers - this is how she feels now. 😊
Hanbobs x
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
The is very sad, you and your family are in my thoughts. Now the comment that I have is just something that I have been told. I do not know if you are of a religious background or not but, I do not want to offend you or anyone with this comment. My sister and I have different dad's and when her dad passed away due to cancer some time back obviously she had a hard time with it. The night before the funeral she was having a very difficult time knowing what the next day would bring. The next day we as a family would be the first ones at the funeral home and when we went in and up to the casket their was a small white fluffy feather about an 1 1/2" long laying just ontop of the casket. My sister took the feather and held onto it. When the priest showed up a little later my sister told him of the feather and showed it to him and, he told my sister that was left by the angel who came to take her dad's spirit to heaven.

Thank you for sharing your story.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
That's really really sad. She was so young. I'm really sorry for your loss. Your cousin maybe wanted to tell her mom that she was alright, and not to worry. As for the feathers, is there any connection to your cousin? I mean, did your cousin have or like birds or anything?

Thanks for sharing with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: