You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Nursing Home Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Nursing Home Visitor

 

I'm new to the site, and after reading some of your stories I have to say mine sort of pales in comparison. However, it is completely true and the most startling paranormal experience I have ever had.

I am a nurse aid, and I work at a nursing home attached to a hospital in Sylvania, Ohio. I work on a "long term" floor, so needless to say there are many deaths on my particular floor.

Two nights ago I was in a residents room talking to her about something. Our rooms are semi-private so (just to give you a visual) you walk in- there is the first bed and dresser, then a curtain, then the second bed and dresser, and a large window on bed 2 side. So, I'm facing bed 2 (which also means I'm facing the window) and the curtain behind me is halfway closed. Resident 1 is sleeping very soundly and resident 2 and I are having a conversation. Someone walked in the room behind me and behind the curtain where bed 1 was sleeping. I DISTINCTLY saw the reflection in the mirror and FELT the rush of air behind me of someone walking past me. I thought it was the nurse coming to give resident 1 her medication. I paused in my conversation with bed 2 and peeked behind the curtain to ask the nurse something-- and there was no one there. I asked bed 2 if she saw someone come in, and she said no. At that exact moment bed 1 started talking in a very high-pitched voice with her eyes squeezed shut. (A moment before she has been sleeping). I asked her' "What's wrong? Do you need something?" She replied, "There's a MAN in this house!" I said "Hun, there is no man in here, it's just us talking" She replied, "yes there is! I saw him!" Resident 2 told me "she sometimes tells me she sees a man in here at night."

Under normal circumstances I would have dismissed her claims as a little elderly confusion or dementia, but I SAW that "man" too!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jennai, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Your experience is in no way paled by the other experiences talked about on this site. Yours is actually very similar to many of the stories I have read. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Jennai (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
I don't know who it could have been, because there have been so many deaths there. I have not had many other experiences, this one was the most intense. My facility has 6 floors and a "pent house" floor at the very top of the building with nothing but storage things up there. Occasionally I will get on the elevator at night, the arrow will be pointing down, but instead of going down it will go UP to the pent house floor. Its pretty creepy, it has only happened to me twice. One time it went up and the doors opened...it was pitch black and I frantically pushed the "close door" button on the elevator...finally it closed. The second time it went up instead of down it stopped and the screen at the top said "PH" (for penthouse) and the elevator doors never opened. It just sat there for about 30 seconds and then went back down. The scary thing is...for the elevator to go UP to the penthouse floor the button to call the elevator would have to had been pushed up there. But no one is ever up there...
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
I agree all the way around, creepy story and how many times the elderly have tod someone they saw something and it was dismissed as demensia or old age talk.

I also would like to read about any other experiences you have had. Nursing home's have a lot of death and I can only expect that some type of energy is left behind.

Great story!
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
Oh, man, that's creepy...to me this story is not at all pale, it sounds totally spooky. I want to hear your other experiences, too if you get a chance to post them!
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
Wow, what a freaky story! I wonder now, how many other paranormal sightings by the elderly get dismissed... Maybe the man was the previous inhabitant of the room or room adjacent to that one?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: