You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Do Ghosts Follow You From House To House?

Real Ghost Stories

Do Ghosts Follow You From House To House?

 

My husband and I own a two-family home in southeastern Massachusetts which we lived in until October 2007. There are too many details to write about concerning the otherworldly goings-on in that house which eventually led to my calling New England Paranormal Society, and in early 2005 they investigated.

We received confirmation of two ghosts in that house. (Note: It took me almost three years to contact investigators. I kept thinking there MUST be a logical explanation to what was happening.)

Fast forward to 2007, my husband and I bought a house a mile away and moved into it in October 2007. We began to experience similar activities (lights being turned on when we weren't home, bathroom water running when neither of us had turned it on). About a month ago (August 2009) I went into the spare bedroom to have a phone conversation with my daughter. When I entered the room, I noticed that, once again, the stand-up fan in that room was running and per usual, my husband and son denied having turned it on. I unplugged the fan from the wall, sat on the bed, and continued on with my approximate 10 minute conversation. When the conversation ended and I hung up the phone, I noticed the fan was plugged back in and running. I thought to myself, "Did I get off the bed during that 10 minutes, plug it back in and not remember?"

Some months ago, my husband went upstairs and noticed the water in the bathroom sink was running. He turned the faucet off and came back downstairs to ask that I please turn the water off when I'm done. However, he never did mention it because we passed like ships in the night as I went directly upstairs to take a shower. When I went into the bathroom, I noticed the water was running and turned it off. I brought to his attention that he had left the water running and to be more mindful to turn it off. He then explained to me that the water was running when he went upstairs right before I did, he then turned it off, and he had meant to tell ME to be more mindful to make sure I turn the faucet off.

Neither of us had turned the water on, and there was no one else home.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PCT508, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vivimax (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
I recently asked a paranormal 'expert' the same question. I included a couple photos of the areas in our new home that seem the 'creepiest.' He then conferred with a clairvoyant friend of his about my situation.

From the information I provided, they ascertained that I have not one, nor two, but three malevolent spirits lingering about this home. He went on to say that they are more attached to me than to the home itself. He also offered some advice specific to my 'spiritual attachment' situation. These entities have essentially followed me.

About 'spiritual attachment'- here's a super Website I discovered while researching my situation, which I was admittedly skeptical about.

Http://www.healthepast.com/id3.html

But considering the things I've experienced over the past few years, I'm beginning to give this concept credence. Among the things I've dealt with are exhaustion, depression, anxiety, and even chronic abdominal pain of an unknown origin (I've been to just about every type of specialist, had every possible scan, test, etc. Over the past 7 years and still, no one, even skilled pain-management MDs can figure this thing out.)

Hopefully this is helpful!
Cloverthorn (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
I read in your story that you live in Southeastern Massachusetts. If you live in any of the Bridgewaters, or the Taunton/Raynham area, it is very possible that you just moved into another haunted house. That whole Southeast section of MA. Is BOOMING with paranormal activity. It has the reputation of being the most haunted part of the country.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
Yes ghosts can attach themselves to people as well as buildings it happened to my family.we moved to another part of town and we had things going off in both houses.Regards Jack [Interesting fact about our family ghost,we named him we call him Jackashton, neat eh]And no I'm not the ghost or responsible for the things that happen Regards Jack 😊
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
they can follow you, obviously there's some reason they have. Maybe they need your help with something or they're someone one of you knew. If you think about or talk about them, it gives them the energy to do so. Why don't you try contacting someone again to see if they can help you help them pass on? Maybe that's why they've followed yall.
themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
spirits can follow you I do know that one. Doesn't seem violent but if you want them gone try asking around
Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
If you have done nothing to break the contact and the ghost is particularly fond of you/your family then, yes they can travel. It doesn't seem to be anything harmful or frightening so maybe you should just say out loud that you know that they are there and would they please stop wasting water/electricity. Sometimes they are happy just knowing that they were noticed. Blessed Be
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
i think they do, if they feel a connection to you or someone in your family...we had one (or two?) follow us just recently...but that's for the story board...i think it's someone letting you know that they're there...nothing to fear...there may be other signs that you're missing or DISmissing altogether...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: