You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Need Advice On Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Need Advice On Ouija Board

 

So I just purchased an Ouija board yesterday on e-bay and it'll be with me in two days, so I would really appreciate comments before then!

I've never played with one but my cousin has. When I was five her best friend baby-sat me and they made us kids go play outside while they played. She later told me (when I was little older and didn't have to go back to that house), that things started to fly around the house as the pointer was going through the alphabet backwards. I don't know what the backwards through the alphabet means I was hoping one of you could tell us, she'd like to know.

But, like I said I've never played with one and I just wanted some feed back on how to go about this. I've heard you always surround yourself with salt, to keep anything evil from leaving the circle. Also, to ask questions like "is anyone here among us", "what's your name", and "where are you from the sun or the moon". But to NEVER ask how they died or how you will die. That's pretty much all I know.

I haven't yet found anyone willing to play with me (it's incredible how many people I've asked), everyone has shot me down. All saying I'm crazy. I've always been open to seeing and feeling things beyond our existence but have yet to experience them.

I live with my boyfriend and his mom, Melinda. She goes to a spiritualist in Cassadega from time to time. At one séance she said that Melinda had brought home an Indian spirit from out west, (while she was riding Harleys with her group). In the house I've experience the feeling of being watched ALOT! Especially in our personal upstairs bathroom. Also, just the other night while lying in bed, (my boyfriend always falls asleep first) I felt someone tapping the blankets between my legs. Ok like your laying in bed on your back with your legs open a little and the blanket kind of spreads across them leaving slack in between them, you know? I waited to see if it would stop and it wouldn't so I just rolled over on my side and held my boyfriend.

Our bedroom is upstairs, by the way, right next to the bathroom. Melinda feels someone behind her while she's doing dishes sometimes. She says "cut it out, your freaking me out", and it goes away. Her husband passed away 3 years ago, so did my mom. She believes it's him because sometimes when she can't sleep at night she feels a hand on the back of her shoulder and she says it calms her thinking and allows her to sleep. One time she felt someone kiss her forehead. Needless to say that freaked her out!

My boyfriend wouldn't believe in ghost if one was right in front of him, he would think I did something to make it appear to try and convince him. So even if he felt anything in our house he wouldn't share it. I really want to perform this Ouija session to find out who's been watching us. Although nothing strange or evil has occurred to make us undoubtedly believe something is in our house, I know there is.

I've heard you can contact your Guardian Angel through Ouija and I was just wondering if it's true. If that's all it is, is our Guardian Angels, boy what a relief that'll be! But I don't want to cause creepy/bad sh*t to happen. Like I opened a portal to another realm and let spirits in our house that weren't there to begin with. I would love feedback on how to go about this. Or if I shouldn't do this at all, since our case isn't severe in any way.

Please comment and thanks for reading my long story!

Sam

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sammi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
I have to say all the comments were helpful for me to know but I have to get this through my brother head sadly cause he wants to play with an ouija board but I am very glad I read all the comments and story and helpful I'll manage to convince my brother not to.
EmotionX (2 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
I heard that your never supposed to ask it what it wants. Also I think it might be a good idea to use it away from your house in case something happens. I don't know much about the board but I do know that it's dangrouse and the demon or spirit or whatever it is will lie to you. So don't trust everything it says. Also if it's a bad spirit I suggest you end the session imediatly before something bad can happen. But if I were you I wouldn't use it at all no matter how much I want to. Better safe than sorry... Good Luck
bri121 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
DONT LET THE SPIRIT MOVE THE PLACHETTE THROUGH THE ALAPHABET OR THE #S it means the spirit is trying to get out of the board somethings to know are if it goes to all 4 corners then you are talking to an evil sprit always say goodbye before you stop playing and spirits do lie just like human so don't fully believe everything they say. Good Luck with your session
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Don't do it. I've (young) have even made them out of paper or cardboard... There is no real or fake. I also agree its no toy! My friends and I played with it back in high school and we kelpt it under my couch in my house (VERY STUPID) well one night (nobody was home) lighting struck my house and burned it down. Guess where the lighting hit? My living room! I made one for my half sisters because they never believed me well sadly to say their mom died about a month later (my step mom) I will NEVER mess with another one again! Hope all is well... And I hope you didn't play it!
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Ok I will tell you that in my experience I have had good and bad things happen with ouija boards. I guess I'm not really afraid of them though. If you have any hesitations towards using one then don't do it. Just be careful, and it would be a really really good idea to NOT use it in your house or a friend's house. Like out in the middle of a field or something just in case you open up some kind of portal. Most likely nothing will happen, but you will know if a strong spirit does come through! Not always pleasant either. Just be aware and be forewarned.
Leehyori87 (4 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Ok! On my part, I'm curious also how does these Ouija boards works. But I didn't took a chance to play with it because I'm fully aware of the evil things it might bring to my home & myself. So, I advice you not to play that board even if you really wanted to experience something beyond your imagination. Just like what they've said "OUIJA BOARDS ARE NOT TOY TO PLAY WITH EVERYDAY OR ANYTIME YOU WANT". Beware of it! I only once saw a video on TV captured those two men playing an ouija board and its holder moved to one letter. I can't remember what was the letter. Now, I knew how those ouija boards works. Though I didn't experienced it in personal but in my sight, I saw how does it works in just a minute/minutes. For your won safety, please do not try it unless you've had a professional around you to assist you whatever might happened. ^^ Goodluck! ^^
Bloodmoondream (16 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Here's advice from a Demonologist. Chop up the Ouija Board, burn it, put the ashes in a bottle, throw it in a pond three thousand miles away from you're house!

Sincerely, The Blood Moon Dream
Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
I know one thing for sure... There are no "good spirits"... All the "good" ones cross over. The evil ones pose as good ones.

I really wouldn't try out the Ouija board. My grandmother and an aunt tried it out before I was born and I kept having weird experiences in that house until I moved out two years ago. So even if you don't experience it people around you could.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
I agree with Alice, but you can get someone that is more experienced than you to play, even though you would seem a 'target' to the spirits out there. Remember, you always need to know how to play, how to talk to it, how to say goodbye and how to be polite to the spirit.
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
If you don't fully know how a Ouija board works, then it'd probably be best if you didn't play with it.
My fiancee's mum played with one with friends once, and one of the friends fell sick and died, so just be extra careful.

I have heard that 'Good' spirits can come through on Ouija boards but more often than not I've heard of evil spirits coming through and making life worse, or bad.

God Bless & I Hope nothing bag befalls you.

~ Alice
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-01)
I am sorry for any who have a bad experience with a ouija board but they are not evil. I have had many good experiences with a ouija board, I have owned one for years.
MissKat (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Anathema, you don't happen to be wican do you? You said Blessed be, the normal welcome, departure.
mairijeaan (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
Ouija boards are always a bad idea. Do not have one near you, do not buy one, and certainly do not use one. EVER.
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
Ouija Board is not a TOY. There are plenty of people in the world that agree with that.

If you want to have a good time playing games with your family, try Dominos..., I'm not kidding. Fun is fun.

Want to invite invisible entities into your home and your life, play with a Ouija. I apologize if I've offended you. My comment isn't meant to be simply for you..., it is also for all others who care to read.
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
I wouldn't be messing with a Ouija board if I were you! I had a scary experience with one as a kid & will never touch one again! Beware!
ant1111 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
Not only does the Oujia let in bad spirits... But it's known to make horrible things happen in peoples lives, aside from hauntings. My mothers best friend used to frequently use a Quija in the mid-nineties. She stopped using it after a bad experience and within one year she got divorced from her husband of 25 years, got laid off from her teaching job of 20+ years, got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and has been battling cancer of every single body part up to this day. S T A Y A W A Y. The Ouija is NOT a toy. Why on Earth do they still sell these things? And in the childrens board game section right next to Monopoly and Candy Land. It's insane.
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
I agree with everyone if you decide you still want to use it, please do becareful. My cousin said one of her best friend used it when she was in middle school and she got possessed. My cousin said when she goes to see her friend, her friend already knows she's coming and her friend has never been the same. She's told my cousin that there are spirits with her always and sometimes they take over her, cause her voice will change. So, just becareful if you do use it.
Anathema (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
Sammi...

I honestly can't tell you what happened to her. I had heard through one of the other girls at the party that she had disappeared and, while she seemed to recover at first from the possession, I knew that she hadn't at all when I started hearing about all the trouble she was causing and then when she actually disappeared. As far as I know, she hasn't been found, so that would mean that she's been missing for around five years now. I haven't heard anything in a while, though, so I don't know if that's true. I'll try to check up on that for you and see what happened.

I completely understand if you still want to use the Ouija Board, but if you do PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION! I've been reading others comments as well as doing my own research and in light of some new information that I've come across about demons and spirits, I suggest that (should you choose to use the board) you take every safetey precaution that you know of. I know this does not apply to all demons/spirits, but I've learned that sometimes they can feed off of your energy, draining you of everything, making you sick. Sometimes, they can even cause death. And if the wrong kind of demon comes forth (not that there's a right kind) it can be very hard if not impossible to break its hold on you and make it go away.

Thanks for reading my advice. I wish you luck in whatever you do and I hope that you find all of this information useful.

Blessed be...
Anjoubelle (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-13)
If you are really serious about such things then I strongly suggest that you get a professional to do this with you. Though your curiosity is fair enough, the fact that you are willing to invite spirits that you have no clue about their backgrounds is an open disaster waiting to happen. The usual precautions you have stated are fine but I still suggest using someone who can actually help out when things go wrong and trust me 85% of the time it does. You don't want an evil entity in the house, I have seen first hand what it can do to people, it destroys everything from relationships to your sanity so I am giving everyone a strong word of caution. It's not worth the risk.
bloodbathhell (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-13)
Even I thought Ouija boards were fake.
But only 2 years before I came to know that they are real
Do it at year own risk
Cos once a powerful demon comes out, it aint leavin soon
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
I can only say most of the time I have only heard of bad things happening. My sister have personally witness a bad thing happening herself.
Not only would you contact whatever that is around you but you will also invite others from the outside or other worlds.
I have to note that regardless of that circle of protection, there MAY be powerful demons that can still break through. It is rare but can happen.
You need to have the person that owns the place to be there with you.
If you do invite a bad spirit, it may cause your relationships to break apart.
I can tell you this, Guardian Angels and spirit guides will NEVER contact you through Ouija boards. They know these things are evil and if anything would try to push you away from them. If a spirit does tell you it is your spirit guide or Guardian Angel, it is lying.
The best thing to do is ask whatever that comes to you, "Do you come in the name of God?"
Most of the time the spirit will not lie to that question, because they know of the severe punishment they will receive.
Angels or spirit guides will never cause you uncomfortable feelings.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
I was expressing my opinion too, which is still legal last time I checked. Don't get so defensive. Nobody on this site know's you or anything about you, but we are all VERY CONCERNED ABOUT YOU! Please take it at that. Don't for one moment think I am trying to argue or pick a fight with you because I am not. I just want you to be careful and protect yourself. I would never want anything harm to come to you or anyone in your family.

Please, please find comfort in knowing that in this day and age and with APATHY being as great as it is, there are still people in this world that still care for others. Please take it for what it is. I'm not trying to beat you up or argue with you, but I don't want harm to come to you either. Thank you for listening and I pray that you will be blessed. Remember something. Sometimes the truth can be hard to swallow and sometimes it can hurt or even make you angry, but when it's all said and done and over with, we usually are so grateful that we had it.

Please be blessed!
opaleone (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
This was a question that was asked quite a while back, but here goes...
The circle of protection (usually represented by a circle of salt) that you are supposed to be in while using said board works like a barred gate. Using your WILL, you will have already stated that only positive, or at least not harmfull beings are the only ones that can pass through. Now, imagine a tunnel, the end of the tunnel is the board itself. Whatever is coming through the tunnel is brought up against the gate. All others are blocked from passing and are sent back.
That's why the circle of protection works. Needless to say don't break the circle until you are ready to do so at the very end of the session.
77believer (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
Okay, I know everyone is telling you this, but it isn't such a good idea to buy a ouija board on e-bay. Someone could have contacted a dangerous spirit, and it may want to mess with you. I used an online ouija board, but it wasn't real because of the plain answers it gave. "Not clear." "No." "Yes." I know "No." and "Yes." are used as answers on a ouija board, but the online board didn't say anything out of the ordinary. It was more like a Magic 8 Ball giving you yes or no answers. Although I may have been heard a story about someone who did.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
To use the ouija, one does not need to be psychic oneself and this is the lure BUT that does mean that it tends to attract the kinds of spirits who're watching us anyway... Please remember that, the spirits you tend to contact through the ouija are already watching you, or at least nearby, brought out into the open because you're paying attention to them.

I have a couple of experiences with it, one direct another indirect but enough stories have been told so I'll leave it there:)
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
Advice on Ouija ~ I've played many times, and these things are no good for this life we live, perhaps the baddest of bad people to fixate themselves on, but the good people in life, stay away from these things because they truly can ruin someone's life. I buy these things that I see out and about just so they won't get into the wrong hands, I keep them tucked away and in a dark place, for the boards I own will never be played. Never again will I touch one and I hope when you get yours that it gives you the feeling of disgust with it. It will trick you and fool you and lay you into lies and troubles. It's for no good, why use it...
sammi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
That's terrible... [Anathema]. So, did her mom think she was posesed to? How long has she been missing? I deffinatley don't want anythig like that to happen. So I understand why you guys tell me things like this. It's very helpful to know what's out there.

As for [jazzeyjay], she wasn't sugar coating anything. She was simply expressing her opinion, which last time I checked she can still legaly do. Also, I wrote this story to see if they're ways to minimize the possibility of posession or an unwelcome demom entering your home. If you are here to argue with me please don't be filling up my comment list with shiat talking.

Thank you readers for all of your comments and especially personal stories!
😁 - sam
JCSekscinski (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
THANK YOU ANATHEMA! I was going to tell Sammi something very similar. Please Sammi, don't use it. I just don't want anyone getting hurt. If you do use it, there's a good chance you will get hurt.
Anathema (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE STORY! Please listen to what I have to say, especially if you value your safety. I'm not going to preach to you the rights and wrongs of contacting spirits, but I do have a story that I want to share with you.

I used to use a Quija Board. At first, is was with my sis and her friend and we encountered some nice spirits and some mean spirits. We would always try to talk to the nice spirit (there was only ONE out of the 72 that we were informed of by one of the spirits... Keep that in mind. There are more mean ones than nice ones.) but the mean ones would always interfere and trick us and harrass us. After a while, we all stopped, but the experience always stayed with me.

A few years down the road, I recall that experience and when I go to a friend's birthday party, we get to talking about things like that. The three girls that were there asked me to make a Quija Board, and so I did. I was the only one who had seen one out of the four of us. We started using it, but this time was WAY different from the last time. I thought that we could try contacting the nice spirit that I'd met in my first experience, but this time there was no sign of him anywhere. Rather, we were contacted by someone I didn't recognize. And they were far from nice. At first, the spirit was pissy because there was music playing. I turned that off and went back. We started asking it questions (although I can't remember what they were at this point) and two of the three girls started getting freaked out so they stopped. That left just myself and the other girl. We were both barely touching the cursor thing (sorry for the very unprofessional terms, but I don't know or care about the actual names). I don't remember exactly what led up to this point, but it ended with the girl getting thrown back into the closet door. Okay, now pause and pay attention to this. She was THROWN. Hard. And the closet door was easily three to five feet away, so it's not like she lost her balance and fell into it. Naturally we all asked if she was okay, but when she looked up at us with a look of pure evil on her face, we all went running and screaming out of the room. Later that evening (after having been found out by the mother of the girl whose party this was) we were all sitting on the couch. I was sitting next to the girl who had been thrown. I was still scared, but I hadn't chosen to sit by her. She actually sat by me and I wasn't about to be rude and get up. Anyway, we were sitting there watching tv and I was foolishly trying to contact that one nice spirit in hopes that he would respond and help us. I was doing it by writing (which I believed to be another form of contacting spirits... Still don't know if it is, but at the time I did). I was actually getting somewhere, but then the girl snatched the marker and paper from my hands, balled up the paper and threw both pen and paper across the room. Then she clearly said to me, "Don't try to contact anyone. If you try to contact him (the spirit) again, I will kill you." I took that threat to heart. After that, I never went near a Quija board again. And just so you know, that girl never recovered from the possession. Not too long after the party, she went missing. No one has seen or heard from her since and the police haven't been able to find her.

Another story about a Quija Board, although it isn't mine, is about a man who owned one. He used it frequently, even after he got married and had kids. However, it started telling him things that he didn't like and threatening him, telling him that if he did certain things, he would die. So he decided that he was going to get rid of it. The board told him, though, that if he tried to get rid of it, his house would burn down. He didn't listen to it and he proceeded to get rid of it immediately. That night, his house burned to the ground. He and his family got out safely, but nothing else survived the fire. Except the Quija Board, which had somehow managed to get back into the house. I don't know how credible this story is, but my best friend's mom said that she knew the guy and she was the one who told us the story. My story, however, is 100% true. I won't try to tell you what you can and can't do, but in my opinion, Quija Boards are nothing but evil and you would do best to forget about them. They are fascinating and I would have picked one up again, but I keep thinking that the spirit that possessed my friend could have just as easily possessed me. And that terrifies me.

You have a gift of being sensitive to the spirit world. But I advise you to ignore it and distance yourself from it. Or, at the very least, don't get too involved with it. Spirits mean no good. And as for guardian angels... My experience with trying to talk to one through a Quija Board is that it's useless. I thought I was talking to him, but when he started saying very crude things, I thought to myself "this can't be a guardian angel. A guardian angel wouldn't say such things to the one he/she is protecting." And I was right. It wasn't my guardian angel. So please, just forget about the Board. Sell it to someone else and don't use it. I know that people say that you can cleanse your board and "close any doors that you open" but it's still too risky and dangerous.

I hope that in whatever you decide, you are safe and protected. Blessed be.
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
Hoochler: wow... That is creepy

As always Hoochler...thanks!
B~

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: