You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Ghost Used To Be Subtle... Not Anymore

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Used To Be Subtle... Not Anymore

 

I live in an up/down double. Mother lives downstairs. We had a family dog that always slept at the foot of her bed in our previous home. Upon moving into this home, the dog would NEVER go into her room or even the hall leading to it. For two years it slept in the living room or dining room NEVER going into her bedroom.

My mother downstairs and I up, would always hear noises and have odd happenings. Lights turning on/off, phone ringing with only a dial tone after answering, ceiling fans clicking on. Leaving the room and coming back to a candle being moved from one side of a table to the other. One day my mother spoke to whatever was there telling it to move on, leave, etc... THAT NIGHT and from then on (2 years after moving in) the family dog began to sleep at the foot of her bed again and she has had no dealings with them.

It's been about 6 or 7 years since that incident. We still hear noises, I normally hear them in the attic, but they never bothered me. My mother would hear things at my place upstairs when I wasn't home. But, like I said, they never bothered me until now.

At night I get the same knock every night. One knock...pause...two quick knocks. They move from one corner of the room to another. One night four loud bangs on my bedroom door followed. For eight years something has been there, but now it is becoming more aggressive. I didn't notice after the first few times, but if I am asleep prior to 1am, either they don't bother or I'm just out like a light and don't hear what is going on. But if I'm awake, trying to go to sleep past 1am, it will continue for hours. Always past 1a.m! The same knock on the wall to my right, then to my left. Once it felt/sounded as though it was on the foot of my bed! I don't know if it is from my increased heart rate (after they start... The hair on my neck/arms stand straight up and my heart races) but when this starts to happen, it gets unusually WARM in my bedroom.

I am now to the point where I'm not ok with this ghost or whatever it is being in my home. Being a grown man, I do NOT scare easily. I'm also not the biggest believer in the other side, extra terrestrials, etc... But the past eight years has proven to me there is something else inside of my home.

The house is at least 80 years old, so I'm sure something bad has happened at some point... But I do not know what. I've talked... Sometimes sternly... When they are bothering me. I've tried some of the things I've read to get rid of them (putting shoes at the foot of my bed facing opposite directions). So far nothing is working. Last night/this morning I was awake the entire night. Ended up going downstairs at 5am to sleep on my mother's couch who by the way no longer has any dealings with them aside from hearing footsteps upstairs.

I have rearranged rooms the past six months, but my bedroom (where most of this is happening) was always in use before. I do not know what has upset them. It has even gotten to the point where it doesn't even matter if I keep the lights or my TV on, still the same knock...pause...knock knock. And the time they banged loudly on my bedroom door... It was wide open, and only about 5 or 6 feet from where I was laying. No heating/air conditioning vent running to move the door. Windows closed. No pets upstairs. It really freaked me out... And it was LOUD!

Suggestions?

Would prefer to get rid of them before it gets worse.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clayballz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
My advice is this; if you are religious, then bless your house as many folks here have advised BUT if you are not a religious person then don't do it... Spirits and demons respond much more to emotions than words so it doesn't matter if you use religious dogma for simple defiance AS LONG AS you mean it with your whole heart and are not afraid. The only way you will be safe from any entity is twofold; communicate with it if you feel confident enough or strong enough OR ask it, in no uncertain terms, to leave you alone.

Exorcisms by priests and rabbis work because these people believe completely in what they are saying and in whose name they say it, nothing more.

In short, do whatever feels right to you, not what others tell you unless you are 100% sure and confident.
Angellicaly (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
Bless your home with the holy bible! On every door put the bible and say: "I BLESS THIS ROOM IN THE NAME OF THE HOLY GHOST!" and you have to mean it in your heart!

P.S.
Or it Could be like that movie "Stranger In The House" you don't know it but someone might be living in your adict! A joke... 😆
Belle0308 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
I would agree with Trudy for the most part. Also, I would consider burning sage in the house while praying. Native American's use sage and I highly recommend it. It helps to clean negative energy from a space.
garbagegigo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
Hi Clayballz,

I do not know how to remove such things exactly, but I would go with the suggestions given by other people here.

The most important thing is faith. If you have the faith, that's great, but if you can't remove them by yourself, then I would advise getting some help like a priest or some other person.

But do realize that the longer you let such things linger, the more harm they will do to you. It is your house and they are uninvited so it is up to you to drive them away.

You should have done something in the very beginning -- it would have been easier. The point I'm trying to make is the longer you take, the more difficult it will get to get them to leave. So do something now.

Best
shirl (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
I agree with Trudy if it is a demon spirit you are dealing with... Not all aperitions are demonic however... And can not be treated as if they are demonic... But cleansing your home can't hurt but his only works if you are a believer in Jesus or as I call him Y'shua
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
At 1 am it is the most common time of the paranormal as the heart is at the weakest time. I would advise you to get your house cleansed.
Love Esther x
mickijwat (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
It is important to remember that whatever is in your home it has not hurt you or your mom yet and probably cant. I believe in the power of prayer and it gets me through what goes on in my home. I feel safe having faith that the lord is my protector. My suggestions to you are to pray, remember that you are here they are in another world that most likely intersect, obviously, but they cannot harm you. Also, do as your mother did, talk to the spirit, ask it to let you be in peace and move on. It worked for her right?
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
Very creepy story! I also have a similar problem. I just moved to a new place a few months ago & lately have been hearing weird noises out on my porch late at night. But there's never anything or anyone there! I'm hearing footsteps & loud thumps. I have an enclosed porch & the door to it is kept locked so there's no way anyone can get onto it. Also, I've had the police here several times to see what's going on but they have never found anything. It only happens after 2am & is scaring the crap out of me! 😨
melissa26 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-16)
I really think what ever it is, is really trying to tell you something. Find out who lived there in the past and if anybody has past on in the house. I also think you should bless the house and believe that the lord will help you!...have faith=)...
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-16)
Dear Clayballz,

If you are a Christian then my advise should help.

1.Pray to God for help. Do not pray to Michael the Archangel. Read Hebrews 4:16 and Jude 9.

2. Put the armor of God on. Ephessians 6:10-18. Pray it on.

3.Read the Bible out loud. I like John 3:16-17, John14:6,Colossians 2:15, Philippians 2:9-11, Romans 8:26-39,and I like the book of Psalms.

4. Take a small bottle of olive oil and ask God to bless it. Anoint every door and window with the oil and make the sign of the cross. As you are anointing say "I anoint this place in the name of the Father and in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit" Command the demonic forces to leave in the name of Jesus. Philippians 2:9-11. If you are Catholic you can use Holy water if you prefer.

5.Repeat steps 3 and 4 in every room of your house.

6.Go to a door that leads to the outside and command the demonic forces to leave your house in the name of Jesus. Anoint that door.

7.Anoint or bless your house once a week for 1 or 2 months. Then bless your house once a month for 6 months then bless your house once a year.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: