You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mystery House

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery House

 

In 2006, me and my family bought a historic plantation house in Kentucky. It was built in 1794 and was originally used as a slave plantation. The house was beautiful, two storey, white house with huge wooden columns on the front porch. The seller mentioned it was haunted, but only little things. The seller also mentioned that the most popular ghost in the house seemed to be a small African-American slave boy, they called him Sambo. Me and my sisters joked about it, but then we grew serious after we experienced the hauntings. The hauntings usually went unnoticed until the fall season.

My mother reported that one night she was asleep in her bed when a hand wiped her bangs off her forehead. She opened her eyes, thinking it was dad. But dad was asleep, and no one else was in the room. Many of the hauntings occur at night.

One night, I was woken up by something. I barely opened my eyes and could faintly see a figure beside my bed. It felt like someone was holding me down, I could barely breathe, and I was paralyzed for a few seconds, panicked, and the feeling went away.

These are only a few of the occurrences that have happened at our house.

Please comment if you have any information that could help find out what the ghost want, or if you would like to here more experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cooperdoo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

suicidewoman (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
same thing happened to me couple years ago.
I live in belgium. Always saw or heard something sinds I was young, but this was sooo scary I just can't explain.
I remember not being able to sleep and when I was finally getting to that my head began to pund and felt very dizzy, my body suddenly was paralised, at the same time my body hurt like hell allover. I couldn't move, I wanted to scream, for someone to please wake up & help me, but all I heard was a litte bit air coming out of my throut. Suddenly something pulled me to the ceiling, I was terrified because I knew by now I must have been dead & I thought I was going to hell because it sure felt like that, it was so intense, so real, my consious was more awake then ever before. People were in my room and screamed at me, I couldn't turn my head and don't know how but I saw them & I also saw the ceiling righ before my eyes. Just as I thought I must have been dead and being dragged to hell (usually that would be going down I guess, but this was straight up in the air)
Something pulled me down again, very slowly, very comforting, very loving and safe feeling like lying in mothers' arms. I went back down piece by piece as if the bad force was much stronger and intense but the good force still overcame. I saw I was on my bed again but still coulnd't move until I felt my body & spirit become one again.

There was no more use in screaming & I felt so hopelessly freaked out, because who would believe me and what if it came back... No human can figh that. It's like I've seen a piece of world of the dead. I broke me and brainwashed me. For three days I didn't say a word, remained in a sort of shock, I don't remember much about what I did afterwards it changed me inside

Sometimes I feel the same pressure in my head coming up again and I fight it immediatly because if I wait to see what happens it might already be too late again. I still don't understand
hannahbanana (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Wow that is scary. I would have someone come out ther for help if I lived there!
😨
maryelizabeth88 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Go to a church and ask how to rebuke a ghost and right after you rebuke it, replace it by asking God to send an angle to protect and everytime you feel it tell it to begone and that it's no longer welcome. Don't try to communicate with it any other way bc you will only welcome it to come back to bother you. Every time I feel something there I always rebuke it and it never comes back.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: