You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Colmar Manor Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Colmar Manor Nightmare

 

Ever since I was little I was always scared of my house in Colmar Manor near Bladensburg and Cottage City primarily because we lived right next to Fort Lincoln Cemetery. I was seven years old when we moved into that house and it was creepy and old. But as the years went by it was worse. Finally when I was about 19 years old I had several experiences with someone calling my nickname out to me when I was in the house alone.

One night in 2005 before we moved out I was sleeping in my room. I had a pit bull that usually slept with me but I had arrived home late that day and he was already asleep in my parent's room. So I went into my room locked my door and went to sleep, around 3 in the morning I woke up to a dog growling in my ear. Immediately I thought it was my dog but as it kept growling I opened my eyes and came to my senses and realized I had locked my door. I was facing towards the wall and was scared to turn around so I just stayed in that spot all morning until the sun came up and everyone was awake. I was so scared I didn't know what to do! I just brushed it off and thought maybe I was just tired because I couldn't explain it.

The day before we moved out the house I went into the back yard to let my dog outside to use the bathroom, his leash was all wrapped around the fence as usual so I went outside to untangle it. As I went to grab the end of the leash I felt something tugging on my right front pocket. There was no animal or any kind around me and it wasn't the leash because there was no way for it to get stuck on my jeans. Fog lights lit up the backyard so it's not like I wouldn't be able to see anything or anyone if they were there, but nothing. I swatted whatever was tugging me away and I ran inside screaming. Nobody believed me but then my father got upset and screamed out if there is anyone that is playing games in the house to stop because we aren't messing around. That was the last day I went to the house. During the move I stayed outside the entire time.

I wonder if the people that moved in after had any experiences. I wouldn't mind to go ask but then again I don't need any of the spirits or anything remembering me and following me around... There are plenty more stories to tell but these are the ones that really scared me and I have no way of explaining what really happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pooch84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ptmt96 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
Pooch84--Very Interesting indeed. I also lived in Colmar Manor... Although many years ago. We (friends) would hang out and walk through Ft Lincoln all the time. Many things went on in and around that area. I left that area back in the early '70's. Take care.
seregirl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Ghost stories that involve the ghost growling are mainly indicative of a demon, not a ghost. So I'm so glad that you moved out of the house! Because if it was a demon, they like to cause negativity since they thrive on negative energy.
In any case, it's up to you if you want to go back and speak with the family that currently lives there. Who knows, maybe they're experiencing things too and it could be a breath of fresh air to hear from someone else.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: