You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Big-mama's Babysitter

Real Ghost Stories

Big-mama's Babysitter

 

My Great-Grandmother (Big Mama) told a few stories as I was growing up about the strange things that happened to her over her lifetime. I'm going to try and fit the ones I remember the most into this one entry for they are all short.

1. When she was a child, she had an elderly male babysitter with swollen veined legs that would keep her and her siblings while her parents worked at the mill. He would tell them about his mother who had passed away and about how she would come for him one day. One night they were sitting around listening to the radio when out of the pantry was a glowing angel-like figure that the babysitter said was his mother coming to get him. He died the next day.

2. She lived her life for 84yrs and had love for only one man, my Great-Grandpa, T-Paw. He served in WWII and passed away in the 70's of heart failure I believe. He had been gone for some time when she awoke in her bed to a man standing over her at the foot of her bed. I can't really remember if he spoke or not, but she did say it was comforting to know he was still looking after her and he would someday come for her. In 2001 he did. She had suffered from diabetes and heart trouble for years and was in her last days when her mind began to slip. I visited her in her room when she began to talk about the old days as though I were the person that was with her back then. She thanked me for always being her angel and passed away a few days later.

I hope you did enjoy these. There are more that I can't remember enough detail to write, but I will as soon as I do.

Other hauntings by Soldier1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Soldier1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Soldier1 (5 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Thank you guys for reading! I am glad y'all enjoyed them. I try to post stories as I hear them from locals as well as from my own experience.
bankesio_17 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
that really is a good thing about it they love until the very end of their lives...
I would love to read more of you're stories
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Soldier1--Good to hear these loving ghost story follow-ups after your previous story. The heavenly heralds are in your heritage, as well as the soul to see them. You may share in that power in other situations. Hope to read your other stories as you recall them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: