You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Thats My Chair, Guy

Real Ghost Stories

Thats My Chair, Guy

 

So, last night I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep when I kept hearing the sound of the loose spring in my chair popping. I'm upstairs and the light is on downstairs creating a glow up through the stairwell. I lay there debating with myself whether or not I should go look. I look at my open doorway and keep seeing a dark half silhouette from the side of the door frame. I think it's just my eyes adjusting and think nothing of it.

I wake up at 0500 to get ready for PT and go downstairs. I get to the bottom of the stairs when I see my chairs leg rest has been pulled out and the TV is on. I turned the TV off, as I do every night, before bed and I never get up with the leg rest out.

I hear the ice maker dropping ice into the container while I'm getting dressed...it's been broken for two days. I go to see if it just decided to work again and nothing.

On many occasions my wife will ask why I sprayed so much cleaner into the bathtub and toilet. I never clean those, she does. She'll come down to ask me this with all this excitement on her face that I finally cleaned the latrines just to be disappointed by my honest denial. When she goes back upstairs it's all scrubbed out and rinsed, but, dry.

I'm no expert, but, my house may be a little on the un-rested side. I have experienced encounters and heard the stories from my relatives as you have seen in my previous stories, but never one that cleans. If my mother-in-law were to have passed on I would understand as she would be the type, but she's still going.

I put these stories in such a manner as to not waste time and to get it out, so I apologize if it seems jumbled.

Other hauntings by Soldier1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Soldier1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
That is SO incredible! Yeah leave it some food and see if it cooks! WHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Hmmm I am not sure... But that is cool! Keep looking for suggestions. EVERYBODY ON YOUR GHOST STORIES THIS GUY NEEDS YOUR COMMENTS! 😆 😆 😆
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
G'day mate, I think that someones hanging around you with a sense of humor, I wonder if you know someone that has recently passed with such characteristic.
HoneyWest (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
You might want to do some research to find out who built the house or who lived there in the beginning of the houses exsistence.
Whomever the "cleaner" is loves the house and loves taking care of it.
As it has been lounging in your chair and watching television it would likely be some one who was very at home there for a very long time... And who is still there with
You!
It sounds great to have a "cleaning" entity,
As they say "Good Help is hard to find".
I think I would just thank "it" for all the thoughtful actions...
Just always look out for the foot rest in the morning or you could find yourself falling over it.
You might ask "it" nicely to pull the foot rest in and turn off the TV before going to
"sleep".
Do you wonder where "it" does go in the daytime? I do... 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
It is cool to have a cleaning ghost!...I agree with Tydin that it may have been a servant and is still doing what was expected of him/her...That was the first thought I had...But, a servant wouldn't sit in the master of the house's chair and lounge! 😆...That's funny... Whomever it is, they seem harmless...
Good story, thanks...
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
Leave out some food, see if it cooks for you too, this kind of thing has to be taken advantage of! Haha!
On the other hand, what if this is the spirit of a maid or slave or someone on those lines who think they are still alive and in service to their master or mistress? I'd thank it out loud if I were you, but then tell it that it is free to go when it pleases and they do not have to stay, maybe the good old fashion "go into the light" would work. Then again it would be sad if they want to help you and they feel you don't want them there. I would make sure I said they were free to leave when they please though. So at least there's that option?
Keep up posted!
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
dang you're lucky my ghost only messed my house up yours is a antipoltergeist it actually cleans its like having a free maid that never gets in the way unless its renting movies on your tv and eating all your popcorn haha.
Sevenwaters (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
Well if I had to have a ghost, I'd prefer it if it was one that cleans! My mum has passed, I think that's the kind of thing she'd do, she was always telling me to tidy up.:)

If its not a relative, then its got to be someone that used to live there, there has to be a connection, because not even a ghost would clean some random persons home.
emb1983 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
Wow - a ghost that cleans? I have never heard of that before. I do not have much advice except that this ghost does not sound harmless. I hope you find answers to your questions. Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: