You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Pap Pays a Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Pap Pays a Visit

 

This story is about my grandfather's ghost. A week ago, on Easter after dinner, my mother, myself, and her friend Lisa began discussing ghosts. My mother said that about four years ago, around the anniversary of my grandfather's death, she began to see things. She saw a figure with no face, wearing tan khaki shirt and pants on two different occasions. The first time, she was walking down the hallway in our house and saw the figure, standing in our living room which is never even used. Then the second time, she was walking down the hallway toward the garage to throw a soda can out, proceeded to reach for the door and saw the figure again. The same thing, no face but wearing tan khaki's. She said to herself "I know I saw something there".

She then told her brother, my uncle Bob, about it and he said to her "oh that's Dad". She looked at him and said that "he didn't wear khaki's and he was only in the army briefly". He said "yeah but what did he wear to work everyday? Tan khaki's with PP&L written on the shirt". My grandfather worked for PP&L (Pennsylvania Power and Light) and retired in 1976. He always went to work wearing tan khaki's.

Then, not long after this happened, my mother had another experience. She said she was standing at the kitchen sink, when suddenly she felt a hand on her back. My stepfather used to come up behind her and scare her. So thinking it was him said "ok ok I'm getting supper ready". However, she turns around to see my stepfather coming through the back door from outside. He looked at her and said "Jesus Christ you look like you saw a ghost".

I hope that if and when my grandfather comes back to visit I hope I'll be able to see him like my mother did.

Other hauntings by Papsangel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Papsangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Heather if they just appeared to us out of the blue, do you not think that would be just as frightening as say a hand on the back? Plus some spirits, especially the newly departed haven't learned how to manifest themselves fully and may just be learning how to contact us. Leigh Anne I am looking forward to your follow up story on this. Just please tell me you didn't use a ouija board to make contact.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Leigh Anne (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
Hi JW, thanks I have done something like that. I will be writing of it soon.
Heather (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
why do ghost always have to do scary crap like put hansd on backs? Why can't he just appear to you and be like "hey, what's up? I've missed ya! How you been?"
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
You could ask your Pap to show you a sign that it is him. It could be something that you only know and something that is your favorite thing. Maybe something you want, use it as a sign not to just get stuff. An example might be a song on the radio to play, a favorite bird to show up on your window sill, a book, program, game or CD you have been looking for but can't find, and other small objects that mean something to you and your Pap.

I have a Grand-pap friend who died, and he leaves favorite brand lollipops for his favorite grand-children in the most unusual places.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
I believe our loved ones are around us always. I think they try to help us with our daily lives. You ever get that gut feeling you should not be doing something and don't and then find out that something bad happened to those who did? I'd like to think that is our relatives and friends who have passed on letting us know that they are still there and don't want anything bad to happen to us. Just my opinion and not fact.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Crystal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
Hi,

That's a great story. I have a similar one for you. About 10 years ago, my uncle died from AIDS, and since then he seems to follow my mother around the yard. He loved our yard like crazy and was always really happy to be there. Well, when my mom is working is the yard, she always seems him (probably more than she says). Once a few years ago she was pulling weeds and saw someone from the corner of her eye walking up the sidewalk, she said hi to him before she realized it and looked up to no one being there. She was so freaked out she went in the house.
Just last week she was cleaning out of the greenhouse from last years debree and saw him standing next to her. Again, she said hi before realizing it and when she looked he wasn't there. But she's swears it was him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: