You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Dark Follower

Real Ghost Stories

My Dark Follower

 

My name is Ana, I am 16 years old, and I have recently been having some experiences that I believe to be paranormal. Four different times, I have seen a dark, cloaked figure in the shape of a man. This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I don't want any of my family to know about it. In fact, I have only confided this story to one of my closest friends (Yolanda). I was hoping that someone could help me figure out what is going on.

The first time I saw the thing, I was at choir practice. We were at the priest's house next to the church, and I was taking my guitar and stuff out to the car. It was around 9pm and I was alone outside. Suddenly, I felt the need to turn around. I turned to face a line of trees next to the house. And there, in between the trees and bushes, I saw a dark figure that had the shape of a human male. It was facing me, but I couldn't see any facial features. It looked like a dark shadow. I blinked once and it was gone.

After that happened, I told Yolanda, and she tried convincing me that it was probably just the way I was looking at the trees. It could have been the shadow of something passing by. But I know what I saw was a human.

That night, I couldn't fall asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to find the door to my bathroom open. The only reason this scared me was because I can't fall asleep with any doors open, and since that door sometimes opens with the wind of the open window, I put books in front of it to keep it closed. When I got up to close the door again, I felt a presence in the room that I couldn't and still can't explain.

The second time I saw the figure, it was three days after the first time. I was really early for school. It was only me, and three other students in the classroom. I got bored and decided to go talk to the teacher selling breakfast in the lunchroom to pass the time. The lunchroom door is right next to my old desk. I got up and the door was open just a crack. I could see the teacher sitting down crouched over his paper. Just as I was about to open the door, I noticed someone sitting next to him. I looked through the door before opening it and I saw the same thing from the other night. I could only see his head. I couldn't distinguish any body parts except for the large, red eyes that were staring at me. When I opened the door to get a better look of the guy, the teacher straightened up and turned to say hi. When he leaned back down, the thing was already gone. There was no way that could be a student. I asked the teacher, "Who was next to you just now?" And he told me, "There was no one with me. You're the first person in here besides me." Needless to say, I was freaked out! Now it was at school too?!

Last weekend was the third time I saw it. And at this point, I am starting to wonder if I am just going crazy. It happened at my house this time. I went to sleep Friday night, hoping to finally get a good rest. But I woke up at about 3am like I had been doing since I first saw it. I felt the need to go into the living room. Just like the first time, it was an impulse. I didn't really think about it. It felt like there was something waiting for me in the living room. When I got to the living room, it was pitch black, but strangely enough, I could see perfectly. As soon as I entered the living room, I saw it in a corner. It was facing away from me, and his head was tilted down as if he were looking at something on the floor. It stayed that way for a few more seconds and then it turned to face me. He pointed at me with his arm, (I couldn't see any fingers, it looked like he had a really long sleeve on) and said, "You." That was all. But he didn't sound angry when he said it. He actually just sounded tired and sad, as if he was too weak to say anything more. I have no memories of anything after that. I don't remember going back to bed, or even leaving the room.

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I did was walk into the living room. And there, I found my slippers; which had been in my room the night before. When I got back to school on Monday, I was going to tell Yolanda about what happened, but she wasn't there, so I told her on Tuesday. When I told her exactly what happened, she suggested that I might have been sleep walking, since I have a history of doing that. Apparently, I do a lot of weird things like that at night. My sister has caught me getting up in the middle of the night, and walking out to the backyard to just stand there. She also said that I talk in my sleep. That wouldn't really be too weird except that when I talk, I'm always saying stuff like "No! Get away! Its there! It's in the corner!" I don't remember any of my dreams. So I'm not sure what I'm so scared of. But she also says that sometimes, I talk in English, switch off to Spanish, and then start yelling in some weird language she's never heard. I seem to do that a lot. I'm not sure what to do with this information, but I don't think it's very normal.

The fourth time I saw the thing, it was on Tuesday, the same day I told Yolanda about the last time. I was at school, but this time, it was in the middle of class, so there were about 30 other students in the classroom with me. I was sitting at my new desk in the corner, and I could see right through the open lunchroom door to the fridge on the other side. As I was doing my work, I turned my head and looked towards the door. That was when I saw it walk to the middle of the open door, stand there and stare at me. I motioned over to Yolanda who could also see the door if she turned to the right. I told her to look at the door, and she did. She was staring right at the shadow when it moved again. It just stayed about a second more than walked past the door. But I know Yolanda was looking straight at it.

After that last time, I haven't seen it again. It has been a week and there has been no sign of it. And I am actually starting to miss it. I feel lonely whenever it leaves. And I don't know what that means. I'm not really afraid of it; it just shocks me when I see it. But I still don't want it following me around anymore. I have read some people's stories, and I really don't want this thing to follow me around for the rest of my life. So if you have any suggestions, please comment.

Ana

Other hauntings by morgansarmy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, morgansarmy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MissKat (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
I'm also 16, but I t am wican so I understand somethings, You ALWAYS woke up at 3? The witching hour, Not always a good sign... But not always a bad sign, but not always a good sign... I agree with BigC NO WIGI BORED, I have a friend that has one that is possesd, shes burned it shreded it and brought it 30 miles away and its keeps appearing in the closest. Not trying to tell you to switch religions or anything (you can still practice to mary and jesus and stuff if you pegan) but I sugesst a cleaning, sages wand, you should get one. Light it blow it out then swirl it around you thinking about being clean and good pure thoughts. 😁
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
as for the speaking in diff tongues while sleeping, this has been linked with past life regressing. Your subconscious remembers your many past lives, even if your conscious does not. Many people, while under hypnosis, have been able to speak fluently in other languages. I wouldn't let that concern you. If you are concerned about this shadow fella, I would go and have a talk with the priest you have mentioned in your story. Don't be shy, chances are this minister has heard it all--you'd be surprised what they cover in demonology, just for example. My guess would be, that this shadow was aware that you were able to see him-- which is probably his main attraction to you. Do some research and learn how to shake this thing.
morgansarmy (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
I did look to see what it was looking at in the living room. But there was nothing there. I asked my mom if she moved something from there, but she said she didnt. So I don't know what it was he was looking at.
I am writing another story right now about all the stuff that has happened after I wrote this story. It hasnt stopped showing up. And Yolanda and I have a new theory that is too long to put into a comment, but it will be in the story.
By the way, thank you for the comments. The link from michellelovesghosts was really helpful.
So thanks for the help.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
Ana I think I heard that this happens to youth growing into young men and women and gos away after awhile I'm not sure though that may be poltergeists.
Oracle101 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
If a dark male shadow is stalking you your parents do need to know. Perhaps begin by telling the priest of the church since it was at that church when it first approached you. Obviously it has more to do with that priest but knew you could see it so has now followed you home. It is important that you tell your parents that fact.

Oracle101, Psychic and Medium for 43 years
Always happy to help others
For more advice on this subject and others click on my profile name to read my other posts
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
talking in other languages is a little disturbing if it was looking at anything while it was sitting try to see what and you will most likely want to tell your parents about it first and DO NOT USE A WIGI BOARD its not safe. Tell me more and I might be about to help or atleast can talk with you about it - Casey
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
ok I'm not a expert or anything and I don't know what it could do I'm only 17 so I'm not exactly the biggest researcher but maybe try getting hypnotized to try and see what you are seeing while you're sleep walking. You decribe it has kind of evil looking but also sadness, when you saw it sitting down was it looking at anything or just sitting? It might be trying to tell you something or looking for help p.s. Your not crazy and if you take my advice or not be careful it doesn't sound harmful but you never know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: