You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Pictures Turned Face Down

Real Ghost Stories

Pictures Turned Face Down

 

About 5 or 6 years ago, my fiancé (now husband) and I moved into this teeny tiny little apartment in a town called Sharpsburg, which is a part of the Pittsburgh area. We had only been living there for about a week when we had our first experience. When I arrived home from work one day, I noticed that the pictures that I had placed on top of our entertainment stand were all lying face down. I asked my fiancé why he would do such a thing and he said that he did not do it and had not noticed the pictures until I mentioned something. He is normally a prankster, so I just assumed that he was messing with me. I put the pictures back in their place and thought nothing of it. Mind you, there were also little trinkets in this same area as the pictures and they were un-touched, so that was even more reassuring that a prank was being pulled on me.

That same night, around 6:00, we were going to his mother's house to do our laundry (being that we had no washer/dryer). We were at her house until about 10pm, and on the way home, I said something like "wouldn't it be so scary if those pictures were face down again?" I was the first to walk in the apartment and the entertainment stand was directly in view as soon as you walk in. Yes, the pictures were all face down again. I ran out of there crying and shaking before he could even get in the house. He was in total disbelief until he walked over to where the pictures were and saw them. Nothing around these pictures, like the candles and other little trinkets were touched. The wind could not have done this. A vibration could not have done this... Only a person could have. Our apartment was double locked while we were gone and it was on the second floor, so nobody could have broken in.

Needless to say, it was an extremely creepy experience. Although I've had many experiences with the supernatural, this was the most straight-forward attempt from a ghost that I had ever seen. The pictures remained untouched after this experience. I told the "ghost" that he or she needs to leave my stuff alone and that they no longer live here. But the ghost liked to mess with my food too. I would constantly find food that was in the cupboards thrown into the middle of the kitchen floor. Again, I had to tell this person to leave my food alone! It was almost comical at this point. It seemed that all I had to do was tell them to leave my stuff alone and they would, but would also continue to test me to see what they could and could not have.

To this day, my husband claims that he does not believe in ghosts. But, I think he does. We now live in his deceased grandmother's home and he sometimes tells me that he sees and hears things.

More stories to follow about where we live now. I just discovered this site and want to start from the beginning with my experiences!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Soup13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
I enjoyed it and look forward to hearing about the current residence. I wonder how much more your husband needs to see or hear?

Although from my experiences, I am not sure what I believe ghosts to be. I know that from scripture, Samuel's spirit is summoned. And If his spirit can appear, others surely can. A devil is a fallen angel and we entertain angels unaware more than we know. But how to tell a spirit from a devil... Only God knows.
Hayle (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Hanako_DaNa_Inuzuka I gree it most likely was a child ghost and a probably wanted you to know that he or she was there
Soup13 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Vulcan10...I know, I was a big baby back then. But, other than the typical ghostly pranks and strange sounds, I've never really been "haunted". I don't know what I would do if I was!

I'm not sure if this was a child ghost or not. When I saw those pictures down, I sensed anger in the room, like the spirit did not want us there.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Start commanding them around in the name of God. Maybe they will listen more.
Do you ever smell strange smells or hear strange noises? Anything ever happens at midnight such as waking up for sleep?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
From what I gather they always tend to listen when commanded to leave things alone. I have never had anything like that happen but have heard many stories like yours. It has to be unnerving but you did exactly the right thing by taking back your space and letting it know you will not put up with the pranks. Is this enough proof that ghosts exist? Not to the skeptic. They would require a camera on the area in question and wanting to catch it on tape. Unfortunately ghosts rarely work on cue. So the hunt continues. Much like anything that is hiding from a hunter it's not a wonder ghosts are not cooperative for the camera.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
If you ran out of there crying and shaking from just a few pictures being laid down I hope you don't ever really get haunted.
Hanako_DaNa_Inuzuka (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
That's pretty creepy! 😨 My best explanation is maybe a child ghost. Sometimes little kids that are spirits like to play pranks. Considering that the spirit seems to be listening to you and testing you, it definitely sounds like a little kid obeying you, but at the same time seeing what his limits are. I hope this helps!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: