You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange And Paranormal

Real Ghost Stories

Strange And Paranormal

 

On the night of Halloween my house burnt down, so my family and I moved in with my step-dads mom. The house we moved in was built in the early 70's. It had this haunting feel to it. There was one room no one ever would go in and it was the attic, it was refinished and everything. Living here some very odd and paranormal stuff has been happening. I could feel something watching me all the time no matter if I was alone or with all of my family.

One night at 9:00 I was in the shower, with the heater on and no windows were open and the bathroom door was shut, I had my eyes closed while I was washing my face all of a sudden I felt this cold rush go past me, it sent a cold chill up my back, even though it was very hot in there. I'm a very heavy sleeper, but at 2:00 am I suddenly woke up, it was in the room with me, I felt it there, it was so cold in my room. Then three days later the same thing happened and at the same time. Then two weeks later my friend was over and I had told her about all of this, so we decided to go to the attic, we slowly walked up the stairs and opened the door this cold rush of air came pouring out and we heard a roaring sound like a growl. I talked to my mother about this and she said that she had heard footsteps from upstairs while she was alone. I can't piece all of this stuff together; I need some type of answer, so please comment back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skayee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

-YourMoon- (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
Ok a little strange. Your house burnt down on halloween? I'm getting a little suspicious because:

1-people believe on scary and ghost things on halloweeen.
2-sounds fake, but at the same time it sounds real

It confuses me but I must believe you and so that I do but my advice is to contact a priest or contact a paranormal investigators. (if you don't believe in the religious things)

Thanks for the story. 😊
cookiekitty99 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
well you definitely have a ghost on your hands but just don't be afraid they can't hurt you and mabey the ghost wants to be part of you connect with you mabey the ghost found something in common with you try to communicate with it youll be suprised.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
skayee: Thank you for sharing your story with us. I pray you can find the answers to who is haunting this house or the land! I want to just comment on one of the readers telling you that you are in the wrong place and to vacate immediately. I'm sorry, but we are in the middle of a recession. Who has the money to just jump up and move? I know I don't. We are living in the real world, nobody has the money to just jump up and move at the drop of a pin. I would suggest you doing some research on the house and the property. It does sound like you have some things going on in your house that need to be addressed. Stay prayerful and I wish you the best.

God Bless you and your family
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
I have read so many stories about people hearing footsteps that I would be surprised if there were not any..., it is a scare tactic, meant to envoke fear from you.

Back in the 70s as an adult I experienced the very unusual "cold" in one room of the house, in the middle of a heat wave in August, no air conditioning. I've experienced a kind of darkness that tries to hide in corners of the house.

I even encountered one of these "shadow persons" sneaking around in the dark. Note:at least six of us in the house encountered these beings. That was my parents' house.

Some time later, a minister was called to bless the house and I can honestly say it made a very big differnece. The atmosphere was very pleasent, and all the rooms were much brighter. And as far as I know, there were no more "shadow people." 😉
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Hello you are in wrong Place vaccate that place immediately. If you want to stay there even now mail me when the situation became serious my email is navreg08 [at] gmail.com (GHOST HUNTER).
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
I would take a guess and say mum believe's their ghost, and maybe you grew up listening to her talk about them. Not suggesting that it's nothing, My point is that when were scared were super sensitive. And perhaps that's what causing the sudden chills. Just offering something different good luck skayee
Sinobiah (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Sounds very freaky! Might be a bad omen. Get the place checked out or get someone to cleanse it?

Sounds like someone from their time is unsettled.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
didn't you ask your step grandma what the story was on the place? Like if she lived there since it was built and if other homes had been on the same location or if the neighbors knew anything abnormal about the area, did she sacrifice small animals? You know, the normal questions you'd want answered if you were experiencing paranormal events. If you answer all of these questions and any others that would logically come up you could answer that question you asked a lot better than anyone on here probably could.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: