You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Strange Mist and Poltergeist Activities

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Mist and Poltergeist Activities

 

After moving house a couple of times, since we moved back from cyprus, I have always got the feeling I'm either being watched or have actually had someone or something keeping me company. It first started when I was about 9 years old and I lived with my mum, brother and sister. We lived in a house on the end of a road situated in a quiet village which is full of old houses and a church and the house that we lived in was home to a few people that have died in the past. My mum was sitting downstairs, either watching tv or just sitting there quietly, when she noticed what sounded like a man from the 1900's walking down the stairs and through a wall. Now I don't know if he came from my room or hers but after that happened, I started to have very weird dreams, one of them being my cousin being handed to my auntie by the same man that my mum saw.

Ever since then, we have moved twice, the house we are living in now has brought them feelings back to me where something has been with me. A few months back, we went to a party and I stayed at a friend's house but when I got back to my house, I noticed what looked like mist hovering above the french doors we have in our living room. Now I got 6 different people to come and see if they could see what I could, but not one of them could. This then brought a really bad feeling to my body as I stood on a chair to look closer, this mist looked like it had tiny beads of water whooshing around and coming up to me, then moving back again, and ever since I have encountered the same mist every now and then, just appearing out of nowhere. I really can not explain it so I'm sorry if it sounds a bit strange, this has now stopped and whatever is doing this has decided to get stronger and stronger, because not only am I seeing these things, but it has gotten to the point where things are being moved.

For example, I was sitting in the front room, about 4 days ago, and I was cooking a pizza. I sat watching a program when all of a sudden the smoke alarm went off, so I went into the kitchen, there was no smoke at all and the oven door was wide open. I knew I had shut it before I went into the other room, I thought nothing of it, so I went to look in the oven and the door slammed shut like someone had done it in anger because it shook the whole oven. This brought a chilling feeling to me like someone was stood right next to me. It made me feel like something is here to stay, because ever since then, I have had a whole cd collection thrown across my bedroom floor, even thought I have a baseball in a case holding them in place, so there is no way those cd's could have just fallen off by themselves.

Whatever is here with me gives me the strongest feeling its the man from the 1900's. If anyone can help me or explain this in a different way please get in touch.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paul sweeney, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ecb-tiger92 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Question: how can you tell what time period a person is by how they sound? That just makes no sense to me... 😕
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
Thats decent advice, no offense, but having worked with ghosts for years now, I can tell you that just telling it you want it to leave DOES NOT work. I know by experience. I tried that and as I finished speaking I heard this roar of laughter. You cannot control a ghost that way, unless you have some kind of experience with them. Thats why I reccomend sage. Sage works because ghosts CANNOT be in its presence at all. They have to leave that particular area. So, a compromised solution would be to tell it to leave while burning the sage.

Also, throw a little bit of lavender in the sage too, ghosts don't like its smell.
The Gaurdian (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
You have one of two possible problems here, either a presence is following you or you are able to pick up the presences anywhere you go. Now what makes you so sure this is a man from the 1900's? I don't want to be rude but I'm not so sure burning sage will do anything, I would first stand firm in place in your house and speak to the spirit. I reccomend telling it that you do not care why it is there or who it is but that you want it to stop what it is doing , leave your home and never come back. Most psychics will tell you that most entities will stop if you ask them to.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
You have a spirit that is following you. It has been there ever since you were little. I don't feel that it has malevolent intentions, but be cautious. If you ever feel too uncomfortable you can always burn dried white sage. Spirits cannot be in its presence. You have to make sure you get every single crack and crevice though. If anything else happens let us know! Good luck and keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: