You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cats

Real Ghost Stories

Cats

 

The story I'm about to tell you happened to my mother. If you may not believe it, I can assure that they really happened.

Over the years cats have been known to be spiritual creatures and have appeared in many cultures. In Egypt, cats were worshiped as descendants of the cat Goddess Bast. In Europe, black cats were killed for they were often associated with the devil. It is also common to find cats depicted as spiritual entities in Chinese and Japanese mythologies. In my case, I treasure cats as creations of God and my companions.

I was never able to keep a cat until I turned 12. Since then, I had become the proud owner of six beautiful cats, all of mixed breed and very lovable.

This story happened three years ago. At that time we only had five cats. It was 3am in the morning and there was a heavy storm outside. My mother, a business woman, was working on her paperwork at that time and was just about ready to go to sleep. When she got up to turn off lights, she noticed that our cats had gathered and were facing the doorway. The light switch was located next to the front door and my mother had to get to door get to it.

Suddenly all of our five cats began to hiss menacingly at the door as if there was something terrifying and dangerous. My mother froze in her tracks. Now, my apartment door has a grill and a heavy wooden door which closes slowly even when pushed by hand. In front of my door was a wooden screen which was blocking my mother's view of the mysterious intruder. Just then, without warning, the heavy wooden door slammed shut as if someone extremely strong had pushed it shut causing my cats to scatter in fright. My mother quickly turned off the lights and went to bed, praying to God in her heart.

She relayed the story to me and my three other siblings the next day which was how I came to know of it. My mother was never one to believe in the supernatural, so when she told the story, I believed her without a doubt.

Whatever my cats saw that night, they must have frightened it away. I have heard cats have a sixth sense, being able to see the supernatural. Either way, I have gained a new appreciation for them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yurei, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RinkuKumiko (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
I have to agree with you. Animals can sense about everything, ghost, weather sudden changes and etc. I want to said that I think that I was reborn as a human and was a animals in the past. My dad said when I was 5 years old, I was crying while I points the wall beside the font door. Of course, my dad is a Buddhism, he sense something bad at the wall I was pointing.
ghostgirl16 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Well in Egyptian mythology, cats guard the gates of the underworld. So no surprise that they are more sensitive to the supernatural.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
Dear Yurei,
Awesome story bro... Gave me the creeps 😨
Yes, animals are more sensitive towards things which we are unable to perceive in general. Wish you and your kitties all the best❤

Thanks
Regards
trooper (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
At my parents house there is a herd of dogs, collected by myself and my sisters over the years but now we are growing up and moving away but our dogs stay behind at mum and dad's as part of the pack there. They've all done the sit and stare thing many times (a lot probably because mum and dad's has a ton of spirit activity). It was always really unnerving because they'd all look at the same place at the same time and not stop staring until whatever it was would go. We're talking 5 house dogs that are normally super hyper all sitting still and staring like something has a french fry over in the corner. I have even seen one of the puppies sitting up on her bum (her trick for food), and she'll sit there begging the "wall" for treats.

What was really cool/strange though is that my dog Loki is blind and deaf (yes both he was the unfortunate runt/litter screw up), and Loki will wake from a dead sleep (mind the pun), turn and stare, even growl at something he can feel there. Loki will go as far as to be chewing on his toys and suddenly he's up and running, barking and growling at something, and you know something really is there because the other dogs are all staring at what he's after.

I think that all animals have that sixth sense whether it be dogs, cats or whatever. I've always seen our house pets as guardians and protectors (and at the very least a walking radar). 😉
GladysJ8 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
You know, sometimes my Doberman (a guard dog) would stare at the front door for a few seconds, then would bark and growl. Think she saw the paranormal as there would always be no one there... 😕
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Wow what freaked me out so much is that, while reading your story I heard a meow! Yes I have 4 cats but none are inside at the moment!
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
I wonder what she would have saw if she oppened the door? Any thing else happen to your mother?
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
my goodness, its a good thing your mother had so many cats! Safety in numbers! I pray whatever it was never comes back ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Yurei I'm pretty sure is the correct spelling...it's a Japanese word.:)
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
yeah my dog use to seen spirits also ofcourse she was a scardy cat and would hide or run off
Heigne (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
I also believe that cats are more sensitive to the paranormal. Thats why I'm never worried whenever my cat is around, because if she freaks out I'll know that there's a ghost, and if she's calm I'm safe ^^
Great story bytheway, I experienced something like that but it was just a storm (thankgodXD) ~

And completely out of context, but your username... Isn't it supposed to be spelled yure? XD
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
It is an old wives tale here, that when the cats sit and stare in any direction, you can expect a visitor from that direction. My cats usually stare at the door minutes before I have a visitor. I think cats are a wondeful advantage on paranormal activity. ❤
Yurei (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
To Kim SouthO:

The Heavy door is on the inside of the house. There is a wooden screen blocking the view of the entrance where my mom was standing.
dreadingsunset (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
It has been said that cats have a hypersensitivity towards the supernatural even more so than dogs... I totally believe this...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
I am confused. Was the heavy door on the outside, out of line of your mothers vision?

Thanks!
God Bless!
mileyfan (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
A really good experience of your mum YORIE. I also had a cat but he didn't acted like that. I think there are somethings which you can't explain. 😕
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
Ya my cat always stares at a certain corner of my house and knowing me the first then is ghost ghost ghost, but I just pretended to not notice and shhu her away ha. Thanks for sharing your story.
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
Hell yeah! Cats are smarter and pure awesum-ness. I love mine and he always senses when someone is creepin around my door. I like dogs too but just can't stand the compulsive barking ❤
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
it is really true...

Cat have an eye that can see supernatural beings that people can't see...

I think your cat is protecting you and your family out of danger (from the supernatural beings)...

Just an advice
By: cutechoy (my nickname) 😁 😁 😁
Yurei (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
My mother was the one who experienced it at the time so I'm not totally clear what really happened that night. The story was written how my mother relayed it to me.
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
All animals have a 6th sense believe it or not. It can be cool and creepy at the same time! 😁
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Yorei I thought it was dogs that had this crazy extra senceries horses also maybe its all animals.
DanteDevil (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
ahh sorry now I get it how were your cats terrified? Were they warning you?
DanteDevil (5 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
so your cats were ghosts? They were kitties? I don't believe this

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: