You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Weird Things At David's House

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Things At David's House

 

I have been reading more stories and some recent accounts have jogged my memory to some other unexplainable events that took place in a house that one of my high school friend's lived in.

Well, we were all in high school and David's aunt passed away and the family needed someone to stay in her home while they tried to clean it up, renovate, and sell the home. David jumped all over the opportunity, and it was the coolest thing ever to have a high school buddy in his own house! Oh the parties that followed and some pretty strange things as well. The following events took place between the summer of 1997 and the end of the year 1999 or so.

We were all at the house about a week after David moved in, just sort of helping him set up the pad a bit and make it girl worthy. The house was pretty old and had raised wooded flooring that creaked a lot when you walk on it... Not typical for a home in Arizona's desert. All of a sudden, the lights began to flicker on and off, and then we heard a loud thud on the floor, almost as though someone dropped a heavy weight on it. The lights came back on and the house seemed to have a weird reverberation traveling through it. Almost like a ringing in your ears.

Months went by with no real occurrences, until one day when David asked me to meet him after school for some video games and beer we had acquired from his dad's ice chest. I was all for the plan! I got to his house a little early that day, as my last class ended about 45 minutes before his did. I walked to the house and sat on the front steps waiting for him, listening to some music on my old school Discman. All of a sudden I got this very creepy feeling, almost like someone had been chasing me and I was hiding from them. I turned around to see the blinds swaying back and forth behind me. I didn't really think too much of it at the time, but it still startled me a little bit. There were no pets in the home and he didn't have a working AC at the time. As soon as he got home, I told him what happened, and he looked concerned, but there wasn't really any attempt to find out if someone was inside.

Later in the year, there was a huge party that I attended, actually in honor of my birthday! Anyway, the noise level in the house was pretty high, and all of a sudden David's bedroom door slammed shut so loud that it cut through all the noise we were already making. David went over to see if someone was in his room, but it was empty. No one could have gotten out of a window or anything like that as they were covered by blinds and tons of stuff was on the dresser in front of the window.

Another time, my friend D was staying at the house and had gone to the bathroom. When he came out of the bathroom to go down the hall, a ball of light shot out of the room and went into David's room. A couple others saw it as well.

Another friend Gus (who has been mentioned in other stories) was at the house and actually caught a glimpse of what we think to be David's deceased aunt going from the kitchen to the bedroom that David then occupied. You've probably guessed that it was her old room, and yes she died in that exact room also.

Around this time, D decided to bring some sage to the house to try to burn it and see if he could do a cleansing ritual. He had the sage in a pouch around his neck that he always joked was Jerry Garcia's remains. As soon as he opened the Velcro connector the bedroom door slammed shut again. That was it for him, he took off and we didn't see him for a long time.

The only other thing that I personally experienced was shadows moving around in the kitchen and pots and pans banging around. Every time we would go into the kitchen, the noises and shadows would stop for the time being, but as soon as we got situated on the couch, it would all start up again.

I guess that's it for now, but I just wanted to share some of the strange things that happened at David's house!

Other hauntings by Wardo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wardo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Good story mate, Definitely not your imagination, oh the days of partying they seem so long ago cheers.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
yes...huge J Garcia fan. Growing up, he was into Sci Fi and the supernatural. Comics, Films and such. Intelligent, interesting fellow.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
OH wow a real Dead Head huh? That's too cool, just remember the words, "I will survive."
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
cool story
J Garcia's remains were sprinkled into a river by Bob Weir, his long time buddy and band mate. Seen those guys in concert bout 54 times before his untimely passing.
Miss him terribly.
cookie90 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
That is very creepy! I don't think I would go to that house if I seen the blinds swaying and stuff like that. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: