You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Some Very Strange Things

Real Ghost Stories

Some Very Strange Things

 

A friend of mine, who I believe to be very credible and trustworthy, has told me some of his experiences throughout his lifetime. He has given me his permission to post the stories on his behalf, and I will relay what he has told me thus far.

Gus grew up in Chicago, and has experienced some very creepy paranormal phenomena in his days there and in Mexico. I will try to fit in as much as possible, but it might get a little long so bear with me.

When he was a child, he and his family moved into an old apartment building that had burned down years ago and was recently restored and refurbished. Several people died in the fire including a couple small children. How devastating that must have been for the families involved. One of the incidents that he has told me about is his sister seeing a little ghost boy in the apartment when she was alone at home. Her husband at the time was very abusive and cruel, and would often lock her in the apartment while he was out, so that she couldn't get out. She said she would be lying on the couch with a blanket just watching some television. She could see down the hall from the sofa, and at the end was a little linen closet covered by some makeshift curtains. She said she would see the little boy peak out at her and giggle at times. This was terrifying to her. She said a couple different times she would see the little boy walking through the apartment, and thinking it was a little brother, she would shrug it off. When she would look more closely though she could see hideous burn markings on the boy. On more than one occasion, the little boy tried pulling the covers off of her while she hid under them on the couch. She would just pray and close her eyes tightly wanting him to go away. Sometimes the incidents would last several minutes at a time.

Another thing that happened in the house was one time Gus was in his parent's room getting something off of the dresser for his mother. He said he felt creeped out for some reason, and as he looked down, he could see an old person's hand come out of the dresser and grab his leg. He screamed and ran out of the room as fast as he could, but he said that it felt so cold and creepy, and it left a strange bruise-like marking on his leg for several days.

Another incident happened when he was coming home from school one day. He said that he saw what appeared to be a mist moving around in the alley. He said he stood behind a tree and watched it move about on its own accord for a little while. After it began to move his way, he got out of there.

One very creepy incident would happen when the house had company or many people in the house. His family is somewhat large, so it's easy to lose track of who is in the room or house at the time. He said the family would be settling in for the evening after dinner. Some people were in the kitchen cleaning up and the men would be on the sofas watching television. The phone would ring and the bathroom door would open up and a hand would come out and grab the phone taking it back into the bathroom. Well they thought it was strange that someone would answer the phone from the bathroom, but they didn't think anything of it... Until they would finally knock on the door, and have to break in to find the phone just drop from being wedged in the door by the cord.

Another incident that seems equally scary to me is when he would be playing with his friends outside. Everyone said that there was a witch that lived in the neighboring apartment, and they could sometimes see an old hag type lady sitting on the telephone lines. The kids would throw rocks and things at her and yell at her, but she wouldn't budge. He said that she would just be gone later, but no one ever saw her leave.

The next few occurrences happened while he was visiting family deep in Mexico.

A group of kids were trying to break him in since he was the new kid in the village. They dragged him down to the river and said look, there she is! He said he saw a woman screaming and crying for her children. If you haven't heard the story of La Llorona, it's worth a read up on. He didn't know if they were messing with him or not, but when he turned back they were all running away and several of the girls were crying in terror.

Another incident occurred when his grandfather was out drinking. He had been cheating on my friend's grandmother, and the women were in the kitchen comforting her. All of a sudden, they all ran out of the room in a panic and were terrified. Some of them were shaking and doing the sign of the cross asking God to save them. They said that they saw long hair come out of the smoke vent from above and heard a snorting noise. As they looked closer, it appeared to be the head of a horse!

The only other thing I can think of is that one night he was sleeping at a friend's house there. They had to sleep on the floor in the living room as the house was tiny and the kids didn't even have a bedroom somewhat typical for homes that deep in Mexico. He said that he was awoken in the middle of the night to the adults arguing outside the house and yelling at something in the distance. Some of the villagers had picks and rakes and such, sort of teaming up but cowering at the same time. He said that as they looked out the window they saw a man in all black with many black cats around him. The cats were crawling all over his body and he was making hissing noises at the people. When the adults came back in, the kids insisted on knowing what had happened. They said that they had to go chase away the devil or the nighttime man as they often called him.

Some of these stories seem like folklore or too far fetched to believe, but my friend swears by them and I believe him because he isn't one to make up things like this. He is a very credible person and is very mild mannered and often timid. So when he opened up with these stories, I was just too intrigued and had to have the chance to tell others about them. If anyone has feedback or comments, please post them and I will relay all of the info to him. Thanks!

Other hauntings by Wardo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wardo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
Hey Wardo, Just letting you now a few of us are over on facebook... And started a discussion room if your interested my email address is on my profile page...lol
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Wardo,Just to elaborate a little more, I hope you don't mind, I have battled for years trying to work out the reality of these experiences and have concluded that our fears gives us all types of anxiety, creating illusions that are not real, but in the process they do also attract bad energy and even dark forces that feed on fear, that's why I feel responsibility not to make things worse for the author, some of these guys are only children, but in your story based on it
Being accurate it is a haunting that's why I wondered if he sleeps with the light on.
Cheers mate
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
I was was referring to my last story demon or nightmare, I think I offended some by calling it a old witch and I certainly don't won't to do that,
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
aussiedaz,

I agree completely with the severity of the haunting he told me about. What old hag from 1985 were you referring to? LOL, just curious...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Wardo I had to come back and read your story again and to tell you the truth, I would rather face that old hag from 1985 than go through what your mate did, I don't like to throw the (H) word around and I think this story is the first time I've said it, what a "haunting"
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
I did understand the context of the comment aussiedaz. There is some levity to that also. There are often more scary hauntings associated with violence that I have noticed at least. I think that is what was meant by aussie's comment, Moongrim.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Moongrim,nothing with the story I'm just trying to understand a reason a ghost would purposely want to scare the daylights out of someone, perhaps they had a violent death we don't have many of them down here, I think wardo understood the context of my comment.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Just out of curiosity, but what exactly do violent histories of a country have to do with this story?
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hi aussiedaz,

I agree with you about the violent history of the U.S. And no offense taken. To go further, Mexico had its own very violent history, so yeah, it's not surprising in the least to me either. And for sleeping with the lights on, I'll ask him. 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
G'day mate, You know down here in aus we don't have a long history or a violent one as like america, no civil wars etc, (no offense) so I don't think we have the number of hauntings like you guys do, I would like to believe that our dimension and the next could co exists and with my own experiences I'm dealing with them with this philosophy, but the way I interpret this story that's a dead set haunting, ask him if he still sleeps with the light on?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: