You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Talking To David

Real Ghost Stories

Talking To David

 

I had often heard that young children are more open to the spiritual world and the below experience definitely made up my mind that this can certainly be true. The experiences happened to my best friend's son some years ago, which we still talk about from time to time.

Going back about 13 years ago we called ourselves the "fab four". My best friend and I had boyfriends and the boys were also best friends since they were kids. So of course we all did everything together and were all very close. David my was boyfriend at the time and sadly he hit a rough patch and ended up taking his own life. Of course we were all shocked and devastated and it really changed our lives in a huge way.

Needless to say, the funeral was a heartbreaking experience. The Priest had gathered information about David's life for his sermon from his father (his parents were divorced and he lived with his father whom David did not get along with). The information was vague, dates given were wrong and, at the time, we were disappointed as we didn't think that the sermon that was given reflected David's life and personality at all. Looking back now we understand that his father would have obviously been grief stricken and he didn't really know David very well, but at the time we were young and thought we knew it all, so we were all a bit upset with what was said.

The fab four was no longer, although we all remained very close and two years later my best friend and her boyfriend had a son called Archer. When Archer was four, my best friend awoke one morning to hear Archer speaking to someone in his bedroom. She assumed he was talking to himself and she went to his bedroom where he was seemingly having a conversation with someone. She asked who he was speaking to and he simply said "It's David, he plays with me lots." My best friend was a little gob smacked, but David is a pretty common name so she didn't jump to any conclusions.

I visited her and her boyfriend later that day and Archer was once again in his bedroom talking to someone and laughing. I asked if he had a friend over and my best friend said he was alone and told me what Archer had said that morning. We all tried to think of a time that we may have mentioned David in front of Archer (obviously kids pick up everything) but none of us could recall a time when we spoke about David in front of Archer.

Later that night we were eating dinner and Archer casually says, "David had a red car but you used to tease him and say it was orange." We all went silent because this was true! David had a Holden Torana (which was his pride and joy) and we used to have spirited debates on the colour as he insisted it was red but we all thought it was more orange! It was a running joke between us all and we nicknamed the car "Jaffa." There was no way Archer could have possibly known this, so it got us all intrigued that he could actually be talking to David.

On another occasion I was in the car with my best friend and Archer and he says to us, "David told me to tell you not to worry about what was said at the church. He thinks it's funny the man got it all wrong!" We couldn't believe it. He was referring to the Priest's way-off sermon that he gave at his funeral! Another thing Archer could not have possibly known about.

Archer often spoke about David over the next couple of years, bringing up little facts that would gobsmack us every time. He once told us how "David liked Cheeseburgers from McDonald's with lettuce in them" which was true, or how "David collected football cards and lost them all one day when riding his bike to school."

Archer said many random little things about David on many occasions that he could not possibly have known about. These were all little stories and facts that David had told us all about years before so we could verify that it was all true. When Archer was nearly 7-years-old he gradually stopped talking about David. Perhaps his sensitivity to the spirit world got less as he got older, but we think David wanted us to know that he was still around and not to carry any guilt over his death.

Apologies if this story was a bit boring, but it is something that has stuck with me for a long time!

Other hauntings by shellzy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shellzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Please do not apologise. Your story about David was far from boring. I found it really interesting 😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-25)
old story but going into my favs! Sorry for your loss shellzy, however i'm happy for you that you got a conclusion from David.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
This is an amazing story Shellzy. Going into my favourites. This is yet another prove that kids have the power to see the paranormal.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
This is a heart touching story shellzy... Sorry for your loss. I am glad that he stood beside you all waiting for that sweetie pie to convey his message. God bless you all.

~Nikky ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Great story shellzy, a lot of what I was going to mention has already been posted but it is great David found a channel through Archer to let you know that he was aware of all your thoughts and feelings for him. I am sure he loves you all and appreciates it.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Steph, I agree with you about David being with them the whole time and they just didn't know it. He was just waiting on the right someone to realize he was there, and Archer was that someone.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Wow, that wasn't boring at all. It must be really nice that you can have a sense of peace about David. I'm glad that he was around to play with Archer. I'm sure he has been with you and your friends the whole time as well, you just never knew. ❤
kadibongMK (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
man that's cool! Man that's how bestfriend are it's scary because the lil' boy is talking to a dead person but itz not that bad... Loosing your bestfriend is like loosing sumone rome your family... I did get that feeling but I realize that everybody go through the pain but the only ding we hve to put in our mind is that deir allwayz be wid us no matter what and they want us to be happy... Your story was cool and dankz for sharying it because I enjoy it... PEACE OUT 😁
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
As far as the story I agree with the others I think it is great that your friend David kept in touch. My mother had passes away this past Dec 29th and shortly after her passing our T V kept coming on seemingly on its own. The T V situation kept happening even after we moved to our new apartment in the building next door this happened for about a few months and has now seemed to have stopped. I believe those who are close to us in some way at some point let us know they are still with us and guess distance doesn't seem to matter she died in Bismark N.D. And we my daughter and I live in Bangladesh. Thank you so much for sharing!.
RTL89 (8 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
shellzy - This wasn't boring at all, and in fact, like somenody else stated, this is one of my favourite stories I've read on here too! It sent chills down my spine as I was reading.

If you are being 100% truthful in your account of this story, and aren't writing it off as a piece of fiction, then this story ALONE proves that there is indeed an afterlife after we pass away!
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Thanks so much to everyone for their kind words ❤, I feel touched that this story has gone into all of your favourites list!

Miracles - I think you are right in saying David felt bad for the way he left and in the end he only wanted us to think of the good times and happy memories instead of feeling guilt over his passing 😊

Gauri - Archer doesn't really speak much of David anymore although he hasnt forgotten him and the visits he had when he was younger.

Jav - Thank you for your kind words. Archer was never afraid so we all felt there was no reason for us to be either. Obviously there were a million questions we all would have liked to have asked Archer but it was just best to let it be and accept it for what it was. ❤

Thanks for reading guys!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
shellzy,
I just wanted to cry reading this. Such sweet and and touching moments for all of you. And the manner in which they were delivered shows such a closeness between them. Archer being as comfortable as he was with David, is a result of the closeness and trust you all shared. And the fact that it was treated as a normal occurrance made me smile.
Thank you for sharing such a personal remembrance with us. This is going to my favorites list.

Jav ❤
gaurinijhawan (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-29)
Hi Shellzy, thanks for writing your experience. I really was a very interesting experience. Got me wondering too.
Does Archer still talk about David? Have you felt david around you ever?
I agree, that kids are more sensitive to the other side. My son was too. You can read my experience if you wish to.

Take care

Gauri
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
Shellzy I agree with miracles. It wasn't boring at all. Matter of fact it was nice of David to let you guys know he was okayy and that he was there no matter what. Anyways keep posting up stories. And by the way I'm putting this as one of my favorites. ((: spirited wishes from Alaska.

DannyBaby. (:
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
shellzy - OMG! That was not the least bit boring. As a matter of fact, this is now one of my favorite stories ❤.

I love the simple acceptance little children have when adults leave them alone. Most of the time they don't freak out about a "ghost" in their room talking to them unless it's pointed out to them that they shouldn't be talking to the ghost in their room. Or, even worse, being told there isn't someone there...It's just their imagination.

I'm glad David was able to talk to y'all through Archer. I think that is just incredible and wonderful and amazing. And I have to hand it to your friends for not over-reacting and freaking out.

These are just my feelings here, but I think maybe he felt bad for the way he left and he found a way to make it right. Instead of y'all remembering the "bad" memories up to and including his death, with Archer's help y'all have all these memories now.

This really was a great story. Thank you for submitting it. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: