You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: David Is Still Here

Real Ghost Stories

David Is Still Here

 

My neighbors lost they're 21 year old son to cancer. It was very sad, they never fully recovered. Mrs. Flores needed some help around the house, so her daughter Anna, who was recently divorced, came to live with them along with her 3-year-old son. It has been about two years after that. Mrs. Flores is still grieving a little, and Mr. Flores is constantly sick.

My mom and her friends thought it would be nice to have a "girls night out". They took Anna, so I was responsible for her son Max and my sister. My friend Martha was there to help me baby-sit them. We were at Ms. Flores's house; the kids were in the kitchen. We were making them dinner, which was quite a challenge because we're both very bad cooks. Then I remembered that Anna told me to close the back door, because the house gets awfully cold if you leave it open.

As I was about to close it Max came screaming from the kitchen."Don't close it! Don't close the door!" I asked him why, and what he said left me speechless."If you close it David won't get in the house". I wondered if they hadn't explained to him that David was dead. I asked him if they had and he said that they said that he was gone.

"I don't believe grandma, David is still here, and he comes through the back door"

I left it open. I remembered that when David was alive and he came home from school, he'd go in through the back door. I told Anna and she said she knew that. It kind of bothered her that Max would act that way.

What do you think? Is David still here?

Other hauntings by mlc13

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mlc13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xantifunx (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
i was looking for the story about david and the text messege when he gats one saying "if you don't send this to ten people she will get u" a girl said it was true but this one is really good 😁
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
So did he mean don't lock the back door or don't close the back door? Because if he believes that david needs to come in, shouldn't he think that david could just use the door knob or does he think that david won't be able to use the door knob? Because the way I look at it, if he is a spirit and he wants to come in, then he is going to come in regardless. ❤ Jasmin
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Maybe Max was told the only way he could understand but seems to me that he has also seen something coming in that back door to be so adamant about it. I would be interested to hear if he was this adamant to his grandparents or mother about keeping the back door opened? If so, I wonder what their response was? Did they close it anyway? Did they make an attempt to say David will not be coming back without going into detail about death? Or has the child seen so much sadness in the family that he just wishes David to come back and thinks an open door will do the trick? I don't know the answers but children usually don't need too much information to find some logic in it. Something as simple as if he knocks we will open the door for him might suffice until he is old enough to understand about death. Maybe the adults will be learning something about the paranormal from Max in years to come when he relates his sightings of his uncle.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
I personally don't think Max knows his uncle has passed away. How old is Max? It maybe that they have not told Max about David, because of his age, and told him what a child would understand more easily, Uncle has gone away. This could explain why Max does not want the door closed, for him as a child, and the way David's disappearance has been explained to him, he is merely thinking as a child, David will come home. I totally disagree with you telling him as you are really not in position to do so. Nobody knows how a child will react to the death of a family member except the family. Sorry if that is a little harsh. How is Max now?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
Sorry for second posting but I've just noticed something. Max has indeed claimed to have seen his uncle coming through the back door. Sorry for not reading carefully.

I'm wondering, is "seeing him" the reason Max doesn't believe his death or did he see him BECAUSE he refuses to believe that David has actually died?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
mlc13 hi and thank you for sharing your story.

To be absolutely honest, I wouldn't tell a child that his uncle was dead if I suspected or wasn't sure that his family had told him. I'm surprised you did as that could have resulted in plain disaster.

As for whether David was back, we can never really tell unless there were strange occurrences following such claim or unless the child itself had suggested so and even then I'd be searching a little deeper.

Often children seem to see things that are not clearly visible to the "naked eye" but has Max ever told you he had seen his uncle or has anyone else ever claimed to have seen him since his passing?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: