You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Lundy Lane Cemetery Niagara Falls Canada

Real Ghost Stories

Lundy Lane Cemetery Niagara Falls Canada

 

Back in 2005 my daughter and I went with a group of ghost hunters from the Haunted Hamilton, we went on a tour to Niagara on the Lake and the surrounding area. This area is noticed for the war of 1812 between Canada and the United States, there are stories of haunting at Old Fort George and the Angel Inn where if you were American and stay at the Inn at night you may be haunted by a ghost.

Lundy Lane Cemetery Niagara Falls Canada

The tour went to Niagara Falls Ontario Canada to Lundy Lane where the Battle of 1812 was fought, located here is Lundy Lane Cemetery where many soldiers had fought and died and buried here. My daughter and I went around looking at names and the dates of these brave men and women who fought in the battle, we took many pictures, and this one special picture caught my eyes a few years later when I enlarge it on my computer.

In this picture you will notice between the black iron fence and the huge trunk tree you will see very closely a soldier bent down with a woman on his left side (right of him if looking straight at him), he has on a black uniform with 3 white stripes on each of his sleeve, did some searching the uniform is of a staff sergeant of a British soldier, he seems to have some blood on his face, the woman has a scarf or cloth over her head and you can see the outline of her against the trunk of the tree.

Taken by Dominic Sclis, Woodstock ont. Canada

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Scalisi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-28)
Hello:
As a former military photographer, I can clearly see the man in dark clothing who appears to be sitting on a large root of the tree. I can see the blood on his face; he appears opaque/solid. I can also see a transparent female complete with bonnet and light colored period clothing sitting to his left (our right).
I don't know if you realize, but they do quite a bit of reenacting for the many battles that were fought in the area, even simulating the injured with artificial blood and bandages. Females play roles as well. The female in the photo might have been moving while you snapped. Since there was shade under the tree, your camera could have slowed down to compensate which would make someone in motion appear transparent or ghostlike.
I would prefer to think of it as paranormal, but there might very well be a plausible explanation.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
Really people? It's very obviously a living person. There is no doubt that the picture captured a person. But not a ghost.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
I could see a guy in black pants and a black jumper or long sleeve shirt, bending down to pick something up, and with a long time between taking the photo and enlarging it on your computer you could have easily forgotten if someone was actually there.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
I am sure it is fake... Maybe I'll look at it a bit more and see though. I'll also lighten it.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Awfully short soldier. You'd think he was a munchkin. I'll have to study a bit longer but nowhere did I see a woman.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
come on was there realy someone there that's just to cool come on don't pull my leg
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Very interesting & clear photo! His soldier uniform really stands out. Thanks so much for sharing this with us! 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
WOW! Kudos to the person who took the picture! It soldier was really clear and the woman is like a silhouette so if you're going to take a look you can't even see her the first time but if you are going to take a look you can see her. Again, KUDOS! 😁
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
😲 Mama mia. That is clear! The woman I'm having a harder time seeing, although I did see a wispy bundle-type thing near where he was reaching.
Kudos on the catch! Will you be returning at all to see what else you can find there?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Amazing! I can see what you said looks like blood on his face, his uniform and even his hand. I'm sorry, but I don't see the figure of the woman. It looks like the shape of the tree trunk. Great catch though, and thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
I can see the man bent over, however there is light shining down through the leaves of the tree's in random spots so it looks to me like the "stripes" on his arm are actually just light shining down.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Wow, that is amazing...also, I don't know if anyone else saw this or if I'm just seeing things, but doesn't it look like there are little faces all along the tips of each of the fence posts, almost like someone's face reflected on each one? That really freaked me out and caught my eye even before the kneeling soldier did. I definitely see him, though I don't see the woman.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Scalisi--Amazing "catch"! Once I copied the picture, put it in Word Perfect, and brightened it,WOW. He is very clear. I'm not quite sold on the "she," which looks rather Madonna-ish and could be just light of the tree trunk, but there's no mistaking HIM. Keep us posted on your research.
hearthorn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
its great... Seriously dude... Can you mail me the lighter version of the same picture? I could make out where the soldier is but couldn't make out where is the women.
Nordic (44 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
This is a really amazing picture -- thanks for the tip, Hanbobs. I also adjusted the brightness with Picture Editor and could see the figure much clearer. 😁
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
I couldn't quite make out the figures on your picture so copied it into Photoshop on my computer and lightened it and got quite a suprise. I see the figure of the soldier but no woman but when you describe the scarf over her head I think I know where you mean. To me it looks like a man hunched over with both his arms reaching down as though he is retrieving something off the floor. I also see the white stripes on either arm. Would you like me to email you the lighter image... It is much clearer.
Hanbobs

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: