You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Growing Up With Ghosts 2

Real Ghost Stories

Growing Up With Ghosts 2

 

Hopefully you have read part 1 of this story because it explains about the house I grew up in. Many weird things happened in that house while we lived there, such as footsteps up in our attic late at night, whispering, disembodied voices, doors closing on their own. We never found out why all of these things happened and I wonder about it to this day.

The incident I want to tell you about now happened around the same time as part 1 of this story. I was about 4 years old and was sleeping in my bed one night. I was awakened by an ice cold hand grabbing onto my ankle! I had a habit of hanging my foot off of the bed while I slept, a habit I quickly broke in that house! This hand latched onto my ankle and would not let go. At first I thought it was someone playing a trick on me, such as my older sister. Nobody was there, though. I started struggling and was ready to scream and the feeling of someone holding my ankle finally stopped. I was terrified but didn't want to tell my parents because they were still upset with me over the incident in part 1 and they didn't believe me, anyway. I just laid there and finally drifted off again.

I don't know for sure how long I was asleep this time, but I remember feeling very cold. I woke up and was completely uncovered! My blankets had all been pulled off of my bed! I got up and put them back onto my bed and tried going back to sleep. It happened again so I decided to try to stay awake to see who or what was doing this. Nothing happened for awhile, as if the ghost was waiting for me to go back to sleep. It finally got tired of waiting and took all of my blankets again! This time I saw them being pulled off which was very frightening because nobody was near my bed! That did it, I ran into my parent's room and woke them up. I had tried to be brave but it was short lived! My parents listened to me and let me sleep on their bed. I know they didn't believe me, though. Not much else happened this night aside from hearing footsteps in our attic.

For some reason, nothing ever seemed to happen to anyone but me. If anyone else ever experienced anything odd in that house, it was never told to me. Many people don't like to talk about the paranormal so maybe that's why.

Thanks for reading my stories! Part 3 will be coming soon. Thanks!

Other hauntings by Ibelieveinghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ibelieveinghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
KirstyLouise: Again, thanks for reading my stories & for your comments! Seeing those covers actually being pulled off really scared me & this happened quite often. But what was even more scary than that was when that hand grabbed my ankle in the dead of night & nobody was there! It was such a frightening experience that after all of these years I have never forgotten it! I don't think I ever will! 😨
KirstyLouise (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
OMG!
How awful!, you saw the covers being pulled off?
Man! I would crap myself,
It's hard to pull up the corage to tell your parnets what's been happening, but I'm lucky that my mum has seen the ghosts in the old house.

Thnaks for the story,
Lots of love
❤ ❤ ❤
Kirsty, xoxoxoxox
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Sorry about the delay in submitting Part 3 of my story but I was ill for a few weeks & have been busy also. I'm going to be typing up Part 3 then submitting it so it should be published in a few days. Thanks for your patience, all! 😊
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Awesome stuff, Ibelievinghosts! I'm sure it wasn't awesome when you were a little girl but at least you turned out okay. And the recurring theme of the parents not believing you... Frustrating! I hope they learned to believe you later on! Excellent writing. Looking forward to part 3. 😊
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Darkness: Thanks for reading part 2 of my story & for leaving a comment! I'll be submitting part 3 very soon! 😊
The-Haunted_Teenager: I no longer live in this house & haven't in years. We moved when I was 10 years old which was long ago. Thanks for reading it & for your comment! 😊
The-Haunted-Teenager (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
Maybe the room you are sleeping in is (or was) their room, and they just don't want to accept the fact that someone else is sleeping in it, and they want it to themselves, try talking to it, explain to it that your family lives there now and that you been living there for however long you've been living there.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Ahhhh part 2 awesome! There could be nothing worse then trying to explain the truth to someone and they don't believe you, especially your parents! That would have been terrifying indeed I would have done the exact same thing. By the way you have told your story it seems as though the rest of your family might have experienced things in the end also and maybe started to believe your encounters. So now it definitely sounds like an intelligent haunting I look forward to hearing part 3.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: