You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Odds And Ends

Real Ghost Stories

Odds And Ends

 

I have several more paranormal experiences I'd like to tell all of you about so I decided to combine them into one story since each incident doesn't take much explaining. First I'll tell you about the EVP I recorded back in April of 2008. I was living in an apartment building at that time that was built in the 1960's. I had just bought myself a digital recorder and wanted to try it out. I put it in my bedroom on top of my dresser and left the room. I let it record for about 45 minutes. When I played it back, I got a nasty surprise! There was a voice on there, about 38 minutes into the recording. A scary sounding voice, sounds like a male whisper. It's hard to make out exactly what is being said, but it's either 1 word with 2 syllables or it could be 2 words spoken very quickly. To me, it sounds like it could be saying "Toby". One person I played it for thought it was saying "Help me". I was chilled to the bone when I heard it and didn't want to sleep in that room again!

This incident took place in that same apartment. I have no proof that it was paranormal but it's certainly very possible that it was, so I'll mention it here. This took place in mid February of 2009. I had gone to the movies with my daughter, her boyfriend and my son. We had just come home and I was the last one in the door. My son had gone into the bathroom and my daughter and her boyfriend were going to sit on the couch. I had my back to the room because I was closing and locking the door. I heard my daughter gasp and her boyfriend said "What the hell?" I turned in time to see a DVD along with a piece of paper come sailing off of our television onto the floor! They both landed at my daughter's feet! We didn't know what to think of that! I don't see how it could have happened all on its own because DVDs have some weight to them so I don't think they can go sailing around a room all on their own! Very strange! I'd like some feedback on this particular incident just to see what some of you have to say about it. That would be great!

There's one more thing I'd like to tell you about but it didn't happen to me personally, it happened to my daughter. This story revolves around a very sad incident in our lives. You see, my daughter's boyfriend, the one I mentioned in the previous incident, died unexpectedly last June. He was only 20 years old and my daughter was devastated, as was I. They had been together for 3 years and had plans to get married and have a family. I'm sure you can all understand how badly she was hurting inside. She made lots of trips to the cemetery where he was buried to visit his grave. She loves taking pictures and putting them on her Facebook account, so she naturally took pictures of his headstone. One evening she was missing him badly and went to the cemetery to visit him. She had her camera with her and was near his grave taking pictures. In one of the pictures, there's a very strange misty figure. It almost looks like smoke, but where did it come from? My daughter doesn't smoke, so it couldn't be that. It wasn't cold out at all, it was still summer so it wasn't her breath. She showed me the picture and asked me what I thought it was. I told her maybe it's her boyfriend making his presence known. I think that gave her some comfort when I said that because she was thinking the same thing. Even in death, our loved ones can still find ways to let us know they're still here with us, watching out for us! What a lovely thought!

This is all I have for now. I hope you have all enjoyed reading my stories. They are all 100% true, I promise. Nothing I've ever written about is made up. I would appreciate any comments or thoughts you have regarding these incidents. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Other hauntings by Ibelieveinghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ibelieveinghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Darkness (Dan): Thank you for reading my story & for your comment! As I was reading your comment, I thought of another incident in that same apartment that may or may not be paranormal. I forgot to mention it in my story because I was never sure if it was a spirit or just a coincidence. One morning around 7 am I was sleeping. Nobody was home but me. I heard a really loud bang in my kitchen so I got up to see what it was. Somehow, the box of trash bags that we kept on top of our fridge had fallen to the floor all on its own. It wasn't near the edge & was a heavy box so I don't see how it could have just all of a sudden fallen like that. This was right before I moved so maybe the spirit was upset over the fact I was leaving. Other than these 3 incidents, nothing else strange ever really happened there. I've had some weird things happen where I'm living now that I wrote a story about. I don't know for sure if it's paranormal or not but it certainly is odd.
ZZSGranny: I don't think the entity meant to scare me by leaving that message on my recorder. But after that little talk I had with it, I never felt afraid again. Not like I do where I live now. The noises have started up on my porch again. Always around the same exact time, which is 2am. I was still awake at 2 am this morning & heard noises out there. I don't have a porch light so I don't dare open my door to look! I just feel afraid here all the time & want to move but can't for awhile yet. About the picture, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'll do that right after I finish this & I'll let you know what I think.
AussieDaz: Thank you for reading my story & for your comment! I never thought about it maybe being a warning for her boyfriend. That incident took place about 4 months before he died so it very well could have been a warning for him but none of us knew it. His father died 5 months after he did. His father was diagnosed with terminal cancer shortly before Austin died, so maybe somebody was trying to warn him of something. I guess we'll never know for sure. I'm not sure that the EVP I recorded was actually saying "Help me". To me, it sounded more like a name being called. Sounds like it said "Toby". A person I used to work with is the one who thought it might be saying "Help me" but it doesn't really sound that way to me. But I could be wrong. Since it's a faint whisper, it's so hard to make out what is being said, & that's the way it is with most EVPS. I wanted to have it professionally analyzed but I don't know anyone who does that. I still have it saved on my recorder just in case I ever find someone who can check it out for me.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Darkness, I think the evp could be related to something else, perhaps a spirit caught between this world and the next, this spirit could be confused in a world of what I call reality projection, when a spirit has issues or unfinished busniess, they dilibratley put themselves into a lucid dream and stay there sometimes for years, sometimes for centuries, (please help me) could be a part of a sub conscious induced nightmare,

The dvd could be a relative trying to let him know there with him, the rilization of death is sometimes hard to comprehend especially for those who are young and of coarse those who don't believe, so deceased family members on a timely death, try to comfort the shock of this transition, as our spirit leaves our body, those that go through the light can come back, especially to help collect their love ones, but those who refuse to leave sometimes continue to haunt themselves and sometimes the living in the process.
Cheers mate,
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
aussiedaz: Would never have looked at it from your point of view mate its good to have all these differant opinions. Do you believe that the DVD and the EVP where both maybe signs of things to come? I'm not familiar with the exact timing, Ibelieveinghosts mentioned approximitely within the 3 years her daughter was with her boyfriend I believe these events occured. Like you said definitely something to think about.

Dan
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Just to echo granny's point a little, I wonder if the dvd was some type of warning, I truly believe that most of our deaths are predetermined and that there are those from the other side, that stay close until that time comes, this is no consolation for your daughter but if it was his time, than his transition into the next world would be a lot smoother for him than for someone who passed before there time, which may explain what you heard on the tape (please help me) the night before my 12 year old niece died she went into a trance on her bed... I have had so many experiences myself where I have been warned about the fate of people around me, just something to think about thank you for sharing your story.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
DARKNESS: Yea that was soooo funny! 😆...It's wierd, both my boys are Scorpios... The oldest's b-day is Nov 1st, the other's is Oct 29th... Both were due on Halloween!...I had scheduled c-sections for both, but the oldest decided that he wasn't going to wait another day... They are as different as night and day!...Brandon, the oldest, knows about and believes in the spirit world, it just creeps him out... JR is as easy-going about it as I am, and gets a kick out of Brandon's uneasiness...That's how we entertain ourselves at our house! 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
zzsgranny haha I just read your comment and remembered your story about the santa scaring your son and you laughing until you cried hahaha sorry had to bring that back up again.

Thanks

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Ibelieve: I can relate to missing your ghostie friends... Mine have been quiet for quite a while now... But things are going pretty well, and they have a way of showing up when I'm down...They'll do something silly to make me laugh, or give my oldest boy a scare and that cracks me up! 😆...So since Christmas there's only been a couple of little things... I think you did a good thing telling your entity to stop scaring you... Wonder what the new tennant is thinking! 😆...It's nice to have a site like this where everybody believes you...I'm going to find that pic now... ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Ibelieveinghosts sorry to hear bout your daughters boyfriend that really is terrible. The dvd and paper was interesting something definitely wanted to be acknowledged I'm surprised after that happening and the EVP they where the only 2 things you experienced in that house. I definitely agree with your comment about having to be at peace with the entities in your own home otherwise life would indeed be miserable.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
ZZSGranny: Good to hear from you again & thank you for reading my story! Sure, you can email me the picture if you want to. Please send it to:whenyouwishuponastar17 [at] yahoo.com. About that dvd & paper, I don't really remember what was on either of those things. I seem to remember the paper being a shopping list or maybe a phone number or something my son or I had set up there. I think the dvd was just a burned copy of something that was my son's. Neither one anything special. Maybe they both were just in the right place at the right time for the entity that decided to use them to its advantage or something like that! But one thing I am sure of is this; that piece of paper was UNDER the dvd at the time! There is no way in hell that either of those 2 items could have gone sailing across that room by themselves to land at her feet! It's just not possible. I'm thinking it was the same entity of which left that EVP for me on my recorder. I lived there for over 6 years & nothing weird ever really happened besides the 2 things I mentioned here. It was a gentle entity & hardly ever made itself known. I was afraid at first but I learned to accept it and we lived together in peace. Sounds crazy, huh? You HAVE to make peace with the entities that live in your home or you'd go stark raving mad! Feeling afraid in your own home can do that to you. I was so afraid after hearing that voice in my room that I never wanted to go in there again. One day I decided enough was enough & I had to stop being a coward. I went into my room, closed the door & sat down. I had a talk with it (Me doing all of the talking, of course!) & I said it was welcome to stay, it was there long before I was & if it didn't mind I wanted to come back into my room again. But I didn't want any funny business going on with it trying to scare me & whatnot! Ever since that day, I felt at peace in that room. I didn't want to move in a way because of how the presence in that room comforted me. I had to move out of there, though. I almost hoped it would follow me to my new place as entities sometimes will, but it hasn't that I know of. After you read all of this, you'll probably think I'm crazy but it's how I feel. That spirit was a gentle, peaceful one & meant me no harm & I kind of miss it.: (
You never ask too many questions! I'm just glad someone takes the time to listen to what I have to say & believes me. I've had so many people who don't believe in ghosts tell me I must have "imagined it". Thanks again for reading this & for your comment! 😊 ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Ibelieve: The part of your story about your daughter hits sooo close to home for me, as you know... Let me tell you, my daughter is 27 years old...It's been THAT long, and still, I feel the hurt every anniversary of his death... Time has lessened the constant pain, but some wounds never heal... My heart goes out to her and to you... I have a picture that Leslie took of her Dad's headstone, would you like to see it?...I can e-mail it to you if you like...

Can I ask, what was the DVD, and what did the paper have on it?...Do you think it had any thing to do with her boyfriend as far as a warning maybe?...A piece of paper I could understand being blown, but DVDs don't just get picked up and blown around by some wayward breeze!...

I always enjoy your stories, but I'm afraid I asked more questions than given any answers! 😆
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Izanne: I'm glad you enjoyed reading this! Thank you for taking the time to do so! Yes, my daughter is doing better than she was right after he passed away. It's been really hard on her & I know she'll never be completely over it but like they say, time heals all wounds. Somewhat, anyway. I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. That has to be the worst pain imaginable, losing a child. I wish you all the best in life. You deserve happiness! 😊
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I really enjoyed reading this...! It's nice to think that maybe your daughter's boyfriend popped up to say hello... Is she doing okay now? I know it's terrible to lose someone you love, I buried my 3 day old baby boy december 2009... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: