You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Growing Up With Ghosts 3

Real Ghost Stories

Growing Up With Ghosts 3

 

As I've stated before, I grew up in a house where very strange things happened. If you've read the first 2 parts of this story then you've gotten an idea of what I went through. But what I'm going to tell you now is by far the scariest and strangest of all. I was about 7 or 8 when this took place and as always, it occurred on the second floor of the house. My bedroom seemed to be the center of the weird happenings for some reason, unfortunately.

I had just gotten home from school and had gone up to my room. It contained a closet with lots of shelves which we always kept the door shut to. I noticed the door was open this particular day and didn't think too much of it. I just assumed my Mom had been up there putting clothes away or something. I walked over to the closet to close the door and spotted a blanket lying on the floor that I thought had fallen off one of the shelves. Big mistake! I walked into the closet to pick it up when the door slammed shut behind me! At first I have to admit that I thought it was my older sister playing a cruel joke on me because she was never a very nice person and it seemed like something she would do. Thinking it was her, I wasn't afraid at first. I started knocking on the door and saying things like "Come on! I know it's you and if you don't let me out I'm going to tell!" I kept trying to get out but the door wouldn't budge an inch! It was like somebody really strong was holding it shut. I started to get scared then because I realized that my sister wouldn't have been strong enough to hold the door shut that tightly. There was no give at all.

Something else that bothered me about the whole thing was the complete silence! If it was my sister doing it, why wasn't she laughing on the other side of the door? How come I didn't hear her shuffling around? I grew more frightened by the second and started freaking out. I screamed to be let out and was kicking the door and hammering on it with my fists! After what seemed like an eternity I heard footsteps coming up the stairs! I then heard my sister's voice as she entered my room then she opened the door with no trouble! She asked what the heck I was doing and I blurted out the whole story to her!

She denied the whole thing about holding the door shut when I weakly accused her of it and I knew she was telling the truth! I had heard her come from DOWNSTAIRS! There was nobody up there with me when this happened so I was speechless. My sister said the door probably stuck as I was trying to get out, offering the explanation that it was a pretty old house and doors in old houses tend to stick sometimes. Sure, that may be true but how did that door slam shut by itself? Why did it seem that it was being held shut on purpose by someone or something with superhuman strength? Also, if it had been stuck why was she able to open it very easily?

I've had many years since this took place to mull over it and I feel like whatever it was that resided in that house had baited a trap for me. Leaving the door wide open to draw me over to the closet, knocking that blanket to the floor as bait for me to step inside. What was the reason? I don't know the answer to that either, so I can only guess. I'm thinking it was just another way to torment an already frightened little girl. Some spirits are just plain nasty and this one was no exception. As I've told you all before, we moved from there when I was 10 and I was never so relieved in my life. Thank goodness it didn't follow us to our new home.

Thank you for reading my stories about my scary experiences in that house. Please feel free to leave me any thoughts or ideas that you may have. I appreciate it very much!

Other hauntings by Ibelieveinghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ibelieveinghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Arbsy: You're welcome! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my story & commenting on it!
Whitehorsesxx: That is scary about what your sister's friend experienced! You say a man died in that house? It could very well have been his spirit trying to communicate with someone. Maybe he didn't mean to scare her but only wanted someone to help him. Or he could have been a nasty person in life so he was playing a nasty trick on her, you never know! If she could find out more information on the house & property then maybe she could figure out what is going on. Thanks for reading my story & for your comment!
JazzeyJay: Thank you for reading my story & commenting! Yes, I was also glad that nothing moved with us! Very nasty thing in that house whatever it was. I'm glad it stayed there!
Cuddlethefear: Thank you for reading my story & for your comment! Things are better but I still have paranormal experiences every now & again. I have my whole life so I'm used to it, I guess. I'm still terrified of spirits, probably because of my bad experiences in that house. I expect them all to be nasty in a way. I think there may be a ghost in the place where I just moved to recently. My story called "Can It Be A Ghost?" tells about what's been happening here. There's been no activity now for awhile & I'm hoping it stays that way! Best wishes to you as well!
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Hi ibelieve, I am so sorry you had to go through that. Children are very open to things of this sort, not our fault.

I have had things happening to me all my long life. I just decided one day that I was tired of being scared and when something happened, I said "Either tell me what you want or go away."

Didn't always work but at least they knew I wasn't as afraid of them.

I hope things are better for you now and I send all my good wishes for the future.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Ibelieveinghosts: You couldn't have put it any better than that. Some spirits or ghosts are just nasty! They were nasty people in life and they are nasty in death. Some of them take pride is scaring the people who have the misfortune of living in the houses or on the land that they once lived. I'm sure glad you and your family moved from there too and nothing followed you.

Thank you for your story.
God bless you!
whitehorsesxx (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
this occurs often to people. My sister told me the other day that she had spoken to one of her freinds that day who was spooked because she went to the airing cupboard and reached for a towel, but as she reached for one her arm was grabbed by something. She tugged it for a good ten minutes before it let go of her. She showed my sister the puple bruises on her wrist that resembled finger marks. Her freinds house is very old and an old man died in there. He was very lonely and died alone. Her freind got the feeling he was trying to tell her something. Any thought on this?

Thanks, Ames

๐Ÿ˜•
arbsy (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
i want to thank you for sharing. I got scared when you said that the door slammed shut behind you.
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Darkness: Hello! As far as I know, I was the only one who ever experienced anything in that house. It seemed like nobody ever believed me when I tried to tell them what was going on. If my sister or anyone ever did experience anything, I was never made aware of it. Yes, I believe it was a very nasty entity that enjoyed scaring me to death for some reason. It was probably a nasty child hater in life so it continued that "tradition" even after death! Whatever kind of person a spirit was in life they will be the same way in death. Not a very pleasant thought but I think it's true! Thanks for reading my story & for your comment! ๐Ÿ˜Š
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Hi Ibelieveinghosts I can just picture how scary that must of been for you, something was obviously enjoying scaring the hell out of you probly feeding off you fear not nice at all. Did your older sister ever experience herself at all or do you know anything about the houses past? All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
KirstyLouise: I hated sleeping in that room but had no choice! My room was right next to my parent's room but I didn't feel comforted by that. Everything always took place after they were asleep or downstairs. This entity took great pleasure in scaring me out of my wits for some reason. In life, it must have been a very demented & evil person to be tormenting a scared little girl that way! I believe that whatever kind of person you were in life will carry through even in death. Thank you for expressing your opinions! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Lisa66: Yes, this house was no place for a child, I'll tell you that! My parents never believed me or we never would have been living there if any of this had actually happened to them! They just thought I had an overactive imagination, I guess! And I'm glad whatever it is didn't follow us when we moved! I was glad to get away from it & to actually live in a place where I felt safe. Thank you for reading my story & for your comment! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
I think anyone, regardless of their age would've been scared to death if something like that would happened to them... Let alone a young child. ๐Ÿ˜Š Good to hear that what ever it was didn't follow you to your new house. God knows it's happened before.:)
KirstyLouise (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
oh my dear lord.
That is soo creepy, if it ever happened to me I would never stay in that room ever again!
Thankyou for sharing this with us:)

Be safeโค
Lots of love,
Kirsty,
Oxoxoxo
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Elias: Thank you for reading my story & for commenting on it! Glad you enjoyed reading it! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Elias (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
wow that must have been so scary
Thanks for sharing really good story
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
CosmoGal926: Thank you! I hardly ever get sick so I was surprised that I had caught such a nasty cold! It hung on for several weeks & it was the kind of cold where your nose is stuffy one minute then running like a faucet the next! I just felt yucky & was so glad when it finally went away. I'm afraid of attics & basements, too as well as my porch! I won't go out there at night because it's so dark & I always get a creeped out feeling. Haven't heard those noises lately but I can still sense something is lurking around! Can't wait to move from this place!
ZZSGranny: Hello! Nice hearing from you & thanks for reading my story & commenting on it! I'll have to check out your new stories! I'll comment them after I read them!
GBMary4049: Thank you for reading my story & for your comment! I appreciate it very much!
๐Ÿ˜Š
gbmary4049 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
alll I can say is... "THAT WAS CREEPY!" ๐Ÿ˜จ yeash!

But I still loved your story
Thank you for sharing!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
HI IBELIEVE!...Sorry to hear you were so sick! ๐Ÿ˜ข...But nice to have back with us... So much has gone on!...This must have been an awful experience for you... That stupid nasty thing...It's a good thing you moved away, don't know how much more of that crap you could've taken!...I wonder if it was a nasty little trickster BOY!...

By the way, I have posted a couple more stories...Geez, I hate to plug my own stuff, but you haven't been here in so long! ๐Ÿ˜†
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
I'm sorry to hear that you were sick. Glad you are feeling better ๐Ÿ˜Š It is bad enough when kids play tricks on each other, but when something like being locked in a closet happens and nobody was to blame, that is simply terrifying. Yeah until this day I don't like attics or unfinished basements. Too creepy for me ๐Ÿ˜จ
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Hello everyone! I was glad to see my story on here when I logged on today! I was also glad to see there were several comments as well! I had planned on submitting this back in January when I had submitted the first 2 parts but I somehow ended up with a very nasty cold! I was sick for several weeks so I wasn't online much during that time. I've also been busy lately but I finally found the time to type this up and submit it! Anyway, on to the comments!
DeviousAngel: Hello! Thanks for reading my story and commenting! I know how you feel! I had 3 much older brothers who lived with my family for a short time when I was very young and they tormented me sometimes! I'm not the type to take other people's crap so I gave it right back to them! LOL! I also have an older sister and we never got along and still don't to this day. In fact, we haven't spoken in over 20 years! Anyway, she was capable of some pretty mean tricks so that's why I automatically thought she was the one who shut me in that closet. It wasn't her, though! Very scary experience! That ghost was a nasty, hateful entity and loved nothing better than to antagonize and frighten me! I'm so glad it's out of my life! ๐Ÿ˜จ
Cosmogal926: Hello! Yes, it's been almost 2 months since I submitted part 2 of this story! I was ill for a few weeks and have just been busy lately so I haven't been online much. So you got locked in an attic? Yikes! That must have been terrifying! I remember our attic in that old house and there's no way I'd want to get locked up there! I used to hear footsteps up there late at night so no way! Kids can be so mean to one another! My sister had shown me proof of that! I know that wasn't her who locked me up in that closet that day because I heard her come from downstairs. I also had 3 older brothers but they weren't living there when this happened. I was scared out of my wits that day! Thank you for reading my story and commenting on it! ๐Ÿ˜Š
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Hello there Ibelieve, it's been a while since I have seen you post. Glad to see you are back ๐Ÿ˜Š
Wow that is really creepy, and I can imagine how you must have felt because when I was about 5 or 6 a friend who was about 4 years older took me upstairs to the attic of his house and told me that me and a few of his friends were going to play a game. Well naive little me believed him and they locked me in the attic in complete darkness. There was one of those pull chain lights which I was too small to reach. I was petrified. ๐Ÿ˜จ Nasty little boys, Nasty ghosts... Their all the same. LOL!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
That would have scared the daylights out of me! My brother has done that to me before too. I went out into the garage and he shut the door and turned the light off and locked me in the garage. I was practically hysterical because I'm afraid of the dark. [cry]

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: