You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Ghostie Friends

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostie Friends

 

When I was a child, I would often hear my name called. It always sounded like my Mom. But when I asked her what she needed, of course her answer would be that she didn't call me. I slept with my bed against the wall and usually with my back against it, as I was sure that there were "things" under my bed just waiting to grab me. When our dog Tip

(I know, really original, huh?) would start barking at night, I could quiet him by telling him to shut up telepathically. At least, I thought I did! I ended many nights at the foot of my parents' bed, but to this day I don't know why.

As I grew older, my experiences waned until a few years ago. I have always been interested in the paranormal. I had what I believe to be my first experience with a ghost since childhood while I was pregnant with my daughter. I posted it on here some time ago. And again, there seemed to be a lapse until we visited my Mom for her 75th birthday. That story is on here, too. Okay, enough of the self-plug! I want to tell of a few occurrences since our return to Las Vegas.

While we were visiting my Mom, she was gracious enough to lend us her car for a day so that we could go visit the grave of my daughter's father. He passed away before she was born, and adverse circumstances kept me from ever taking her there. (His parents never wanted to acknowledge her) On the way there, we visited the grave of a 16 year old girl, who my grandmother's uncle had murdered in 1832. I don't know why, but I have spent the better part of my life compelled to visit her grave and tell her how sorry I was. I seriously do not think that anyone in my family ever went to pay their respects to this poor girl, and it is quite common knowledge that she haunts the cemetery. Finding this cemetery is a story in itself, but not appropriate for this site, so suffice it to say that we arrived finally, and I and my kids paid a very solemn and tearful visit to this little girl. As we were all gathered around her grave, kneeling, my granddaughter asked my daughter if the little girl could come home with us. My daughter said, "No, Zoe. She has to stay here." To which Zoe replied, "But she says she wants to come home with me" Again, my daughter said no. Zoe was only three at the time. We never spoke of this subject in front of her, as it is a delicate matter. So how she knew that there was a girl involved, well, I have my theory that kids are sensitive. I think she may have followed us home anyway. And when you read this account, you'll see why I say that.

Fast forward to June or July of that same year (2008) my oldest son, Brandon and I had gone out to Walmart for something (?) and were returning home. It was about 8:30 or so in the evening. Neighborhoods here in Vegas are really strange, in that there are usually a lot of twists and turns to get to your house. As we were twisting and turning our way home, there was a car right on my butt. Well, being the cantankerous old bitty that I am, I went slower. (Like none of you have done that! LOL) as I pulled into our driveway, I stuck my hand out the window and gave this gentleman a hand signal that I'm sure the whole world is familiar with. He yelled something like "right back at you" but in much more vulgar language. (One point: my truck has a standard transmission.) I shifted down to first gear and pulled into the garage, which I was sure that I had closed before we left. Anyway, as soon as we were inside the garage the door closed. I asked Brandon, "What's the matter? Are you SCARED?" He calmly said, "No. Why?" I said, "Then why did you shut the door so fast?" He said," I thought YOU did!" Well, after some discussion about who could have done it, we went inside and checked on my husband and youngest son. JR was sleeping, and my husband was upstairs on his computer. There was no way that one of them did it, as my husband is older than me and could not have POSSIBLY climbed all those stairs so fast! Besides, I would have seen an arm coming out of the door to the house to hit the button on the wall, and I had the only opener with me in the truck.

During the months preceding our visit to my Mom's, I was trying to quit smoking and was doing quite well. In June, my husband had a small heart attack, and while he was hospitalized he did quit. I was home on sick leave with problems with severe tendonitis in my thumbs of all things, very painful. But anyway, I was still in the process of quitting, and out of consideration to my husband, I would smoke outside. Well, one day we were having a "discussion" and I was very irritated and felt the need to SMOKE! Our bedroom had double French doors that had three locks. I unlocked the door, but it would not open. I fastened and unfastened the locks again, and still the door held tight. Honestly, the doors were literally pulling in as I pulled the door knob! And I know what you're thinking: that with the problem I had with my thumbs, the knob wasn't fully turned. But it was. I looked. Finally, I asked, and not so gently, my husband to please open the door. He went over, turned the knob, and opened the door without so much as even the slightest effort. I said thank-you.

From that time to around the middle of October, nothing much happened. There were things missing and turning up days later where we had looked for them a dozen times. The garage door was a big thing. It would close by itself at the most inopportune times. Once, while my husband and son B. Were watching a football game, one of the lights in the living room turned on by itself. My husband was in the room alone, on the couch (surprise!) They were overhead lights that showcased the knick-knacks that I had in my bay window. And the switch had to be pushed in for the lights to go on. And a humorous event that I had at work that I'll post later.

Okay, mid October. I had just woken up and was in the kitchen attempting to make coffee. I go to work at 4 am, so it was quite early, but I don't recall the time. In our kitchen was a shelf over the counter that was home to the microwave. The top of the microwave is a favorite place for my husband to put things that he just can't figure out where else to put it. The pictures that we took in Ohio of our excursion to the cemeteries were there. I was standing there, waiting for my coffee, when the pictures fell off. Not all of them, but a lot. Three of them landed on the floor, face down. I got the image of three pictures in my mind. One was of my son Bran and my granddaughter in my Mom's car at the cemetery, one was of the hospital in which my boys were born and one was of my daughter's dad's headstone. The images just flashed in my head. When I picked them up, imagine my surprise when I saw that they were the one's that had flashed in my head! Brandon, at that time was out on his own and I took this as a sign that something could soon happen to him. However, I got my answer to this puzzle on Thanksgiving Day, when my brother called to say that my mom had been hospitalized. She was taking blood-thinners, and unbeknownst to her or her doctors, she has ulcers. Well, she nearly bled to death. I think it was John trying to tell me that. Her car, the hospital and his headstone. It fits for me.

Well, I see that this is quite long. The next experiences I'll leave to another time. Most of them happened during Christmas time, this last one and the year before. I think you'll all get a kick out of them...

Other hauntings by zzsgranny

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zzsgranny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

poz123 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
What a lovely story! I'm really enjoying reading your experiences! I haven't posted yet, I'm a bit nervous!
Keep the posts coming 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Leehome: Thank you for reading and commenting! 😊...

I think the girl took a liking to my sons πŸ˜†...I think she's one of the one's that play around with stuff at Christmas time... Sorry to plug my own story, but if you get a chance, read "My Ghosties Like Christmas"...

Sorry to say, I didn't get that photo op that I was wishing for in December, with all the stinking snow they had this past winter πŸ˜†...But, I'll try again next time...

Again, thanks!
Leehome (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
I think that is bitter sweet that the little girl who you visited in the cemetery would want to be near you after death, considering the event that lead to her death. She knows you know her story well and you are probably the only person left who is connected to her story who also knows her story. It would make sense that she would reach out to you and your family, in a positive way because you truly care for her. That's beautiful.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
granny: Yeah, I was a bit hesitant to admit that I love old cemetaries. Lol I love all things historical actually. I do hope you get something good on film. You will definately have to keep us posted. ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
hippychick: This will be another photo-op when I go on vacation... I plan on visiting Maria again... ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hippychick: Thank you for your kind words!...Just rest assured, you're not the only one of us who enjoys cemeteries!...I think most of us do 😊...I'm fascinated by them... I think it sounds kind of morbid, but who cares? LOL πŸ˜† ❀
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
I was both fascninated and saddened by the murdered girl in the cemetary. I don't know why, but I just love old cemetaries. I've enjoyed reading your stories. 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Lest we forget Amen, thank god the good guys won, I would have loved to sit around with your family after a roast dinner, to here a story or two, you must feel proud of them, good onya granny, keep playing the pokies love the big jackpot is comming.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Aussie: John did have a good sense of humour, and an odd one at that... My daughter is so much like him!...I'm always amazed at how much she is like him, she looks like him, acts like him, has the same attitude and opinions...It's amazing, really!...I think of that scene from Forrest Gump, at the end when he and his son tilt their heads at the same time...That's her!...

My uncle who recently passed, (his name was Forrest! πŸ˜†)...He was uhmmm unique, I guess you could say...Gung-ho marine... Even after he was shot up he still continued to VOLUNTEER to return to Viet-Nam...We have a lot of relatives who have been and continue to be in the military in one form or another... My Step grand-dad was a paratrooper in the invasion of Normandy... He lost his leg from the knee down... Forrest's brother Carl, was career Air Force, was a tailgunner on a B52 and flew many missions over Viet-Nam... The other brother, Chuck, Army...Carl's daughter is also career Air Force, Chuck's daughter carreer Navy, and one son is Career Army, another son served 6 years in the Army... My aunt on my dad's side was in the Navy, my oldest brother served 6 years in the Marines... My youngest brother served 6 years in the National Guard, HIS daughter is in the Air Force... I have a lot of respect for our men and women in the military... God bless them all...

But anyway, I haven't heard from Uncle Ford, I think he just wanted to rest finally... God knows the things he must have witnessed during all those years in Viet-Nam...He was never bitter though... Just very, well, accepting of death... More accepting than anyone I've ever known... He was special, and I miss him...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Granny, It does make sense and you should go with your gut instinct on this one, "wow" your grandma's uncle... As they say you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relations and what about your recent family member who past? The decorated war hero, god love him, we owe those men such a debt, especially hear in aus you guys saved us from a Japanese invasion ww2 the coral sea battle... Yeah it could be unfinished business with john, one question though was he the type to pull a prank, cause I have to admit if I were walking around as a ghost in a respectable way I think I would with someone
Like you, cause your not one ounce intimidated by our invincible friends, I'm sure a few of my visitors do this to me on occasions. No disrespect intended I just think they have a free pass to make us laugh, if it doesn't scare us half to death.
Cheers granny 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-21)
Aussie: It's said that spirits remain because of some unfinished business... I don't know that John stays by choice, or that he's made it his mission in death, so to speak, to care for his daughter and grand-daughters, now... And I also think that the spirit of the girl that my grandma's uncle murdered followed us home... Not to carry out some kind of vendetta, but just because we paid her the respect that she deserved from our family that she never got from any one else... Does that make any sense?...She was his step-daughter, and it's said that he wanted to have a relationship with her if you get my drift... She went to a neighbor's house to stay, he talked her into coming home, and when she did, he was hiding in a ditch with a knife and he stabbed her, I guess a few times, in front of her mother... The story is sketchy, as things weren't documented very well here at that time... He was found guilty and hung in town square in my hometown... He was the first, and only man hung in that particular county, ever... That was our "claim to fame" as we were growing up, though we weren't clued in on the circumstances until we were a lot older... We were told he was a horse thief!...No one knows where he's buried... I think I'm with everyone else in that I really don't care to visit him...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
Granny, I have been thinking about your story and even with the pleasent way you put it, sometimes we overlook the support of what its presenting, I do believe it is john, I don't know why some spirts remain with us, it must be a choice they make them selves, I know my dad was with me for 10 years, thank god him and mum have moved on, you know in a way it must be comforting knowing his watching over you guys, sometimes I think they help us in ways we don't know,

Aussie ❀
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
Thank you for your interesting enlightening story, zzsGranny. God be with you!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Granny, my mother refused to go to hospital, her platelets dropped to 6 only, one hour from death😭 I know how your mum feels about hospital and I agree its a difficult job being a nurse god love them❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Aussie: Yea you're right, it could've been John, protecting me from myself, AGAIN! πŸ˜†...It was a close one with my Mom and I felt so bad that I couldn't be there for her 😒...But I come by the cantankerousness (if that's a word!) honestly... She wasn't in the hospital a day and was wanting to go home!...She doesn't like the food LOL!...But they kept her for a week, I'm telling you, I would not want to be one of her nurses! πŸ˜†

I think John's around a lot more than I realize...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Sorry granny I was kind of still laughing with a mental picture of you in the car, of coarse it could have been john,I'm glad things ended up ok with your mum, that was a close one.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Granny, you had me in stitches when slowing down and with the finger gesture also, (we are from the same driving school lovey) I think you have those types of spirits that follow you, that like pulling pranks... You have the attitude and the type of humor, that can see the funny side to them,

You can already see the people here that love your stories and I too am one of them,
Well done, I want to read more.
Aussie❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
lilani, cosmo and hobbyholly: LOL! πŸ˜†...I guess I just wasn't thinkin'! ❀
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
LOL! πŸ˜† hobbyholly, I was just thinking about posting something similar. You beat me to it. Tough crowd these days huh? πŸ˜‰
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
zzsgranny:
How dare you post something without blood dripping down the walls/Demons/a woman in a white dress/big foot? Pfft

(that was sarcasm by the way)
lilani2x (3 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
ZZZ'GRANNY YOU COLUD MAKE THE STORY ABIT MORE INTRESTING LMFAO NOT EVEN SCARED WHEN I READ IT OUT 2 MY SISTER I HAD 2 MAKE HALF OF IT UP CAUSE IT WAS THAT BORING πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
DeviousAngel, maybe you didn't put in your story anything about that monster with twelve horns with red eyes and super long nose!...Shame! πŸ˜†...I guess we could start our own site and call it YGS rejects! πŸ˜†I for one would love to read your story... You can E-mail me!...And that goes for all you other rejects! ❀
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Granny, I feel your pain... I tried to publish a story about an incident I had at a hotel room, corroborated with my boyfriend and his mother involving negative feelings, identical nightmares and weird sounds as well as sensing a presence int he bathroom... It was also denied because this is "not a site dream interpretation"?

And after doing some extensive research on the hotel, I just found out that there was a murder there. Completely not paranormal at all, right? πŸ€”
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Thanks to all for reading this and for your comments!...i submitted yet another story...Let's see if there's enough "evidence" to publish it...
Surya: Are you sure?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
You go girl! That is your house, and like KimSouthO said you don't let any of the paranormal activity get in your way. That is a great attitude to have. Your house your rules. If the ghosts don't like it, they can hit the road! Awesome story. Thanks for posting, and take care 😊 ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
sorry guys, but the story about the ghost at work was declined due to lack evidence?...I guess it all depends on who you get to review your story!...There seems to be no LESS evidence than in this story, but what do I know... πŸ˜•
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Wow... Granney you really telly stories well I enjoyed that one I love the way you add little bits of what you will tell in your next story keeping everyone in suspence you seem to have no fear of the paranormal and just get on with things I act like this myself iam not a hero but I find iam just like that iam looking forward to hearing more of your experiences take care...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
_pretty_: no offence taken πŸ˜†...I feel that I've been on this earth long enough to do as I please, say what I think, eat what I want, bathe if I want, and dress the way I want amoungst other things... My husband bought me a t-shirt that reads: "You say I'm a bi*ch like it's a bad thing!"...I love that shirt!...And I guess it's because of that, I really don't pay any attention to those who call me crazy for my belief in the paranormal!...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
I love your style! Not going to let some paranormal activity get in your way or let anything like this slow you down! Keep going stong! Can't wait to hear more regarding your experiences!

God Bless!
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
omg...granny I love how you tell stories you sound like my meamaw a mean old bat lol no offence you sound like a tough cookie 😁 please post more soon
_pretty_

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: