You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was I Hallucinating Or Was She Really There Looking At Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Was I Hallucinating Or Was She Really There Looking At Me?

 

I've had quite a few odd things happen either to, or around me that may or may not be related to ghosts. One of my most recent sightings though was the first to actually make me feel like my body temperature dropped.

I was in my room one night talking to one of my friends online. I had just gotten back to New York from a week long trip to Rhode Island a few hours earlier, but other than that, this night was no different from the rest. My friend had left her computer for a bit because she was going to cook something, so until she got back I decided to play my guitar for a little while. I got up, grabbed my guitar and stood in the middle of my room and played for a bit. Now where I was standing, people can easily see me by looking through my door. And my sister sometimes stands outside my room, looks in the crack of my door and just stares at me until she'd finally say something, which would usually lead to me chasing her away.

I can sometimes get a feeling when people are near me, as if I'm sensing someone's presence. And this night was one of those times. As I was playing my guitar I thought I felt someone standing outside my room. I just figured it was my sister as usual. But it was late and I figured everyone was asleep. I called her name anyway and started to look into the crack of my door just to tell her I knew she was there this time. I didn't get an answer when I called her name but when I looked through the crack in the door, I saw the face of a girl, who was not my sister by the way, staring back at me with a creepy looking smile. It was one of those smiles you might see people have when they're quietly laughing to themselves when making fun of someone else.

The face I saw was not ugly at all, just a bit...ghastly. It wasn't horrifying to me because I love creepy things, but for whatever reason, this particular instance did creep me out for a second and I just felt a chill run through my whole body. I figure it was because she was looking back at me. The face stayed there, looking at me until I finally looked away. But when I opened the door, no one was there. I didn't hear footsteps running away or hear anyone on the stairs after that either so it was definitely not my sis.

Was I just tired and hallucinating or was there really a young girl standing there watching me from outside?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xSilentKhaosx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
I've seen lots of stuff like what you describe, so I don't think you are crazy at all or hallucinating. She could just be passing through and not in any way related to the house or location. Maybe the music caught her attention. From my observations spirits seem to be more active during the night especially from midnight to three in the morning.
xSilentKhaosx (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
Hey guys thanks for the comments.

Gizmo- I haven't actually seen the girl again like I did that night unfortunately, but oftentimes I do feel like she's near me. Could just be in my head though. Maybe not.

DARKNESS- Actually I'm a little confused about the history of this house. I know it's about 55 years old, but my grandfather bought it almost 10 years after it was built yet says he was the first to live here. So I don't know if there's any importance to that. Otherwise I know my grandma died in this house. That's really it...
I have had other experiences but not all in this house, I'll probably post another story about them because I am quite curious to see what people's thoughts are on them.
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Be careful children ghosts are the most dangerous, but most just want attention. Have you seen this girl again?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Hi SilentKhaos I can just picture how that would have been, I bet it was pretty freaky the way she was smiling at you and then realising it wasn't your sister! Have you had any other experiences there or know anything bout the history of the house at all?

Thank you for sharing

Dan
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
it seems like what you saw was really the spirit of a young girl. Just be careful. If she tries to play games with you, don't play along. She doesn't sound dangerous so I wouldn't worry. Just be careful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: