You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Black Ghostly Dog?

Real Ghost Stories

Black Ghostly Dog?

 

Ever since my wolf dog Dakota passed I've been seeing this strange black dog that looks almost transparent, I don't know if it's either Dakota or something else. I get a strange feeling when it's around, sort of like sadness for some reason; it scares the living heck out of me because it randomly appears out of nowhere. I will wake up in the middle of the night and be lying down next to something freezing and it is the figure of a wolf-ish dog. It always stares at me with the sad eyes like a puppy gives you when you never give it what it wants. I will feel things brush against my leg when I'm sitting at my computer desk and look down; sure enough there the dog is staring at me with the sad yellow eyes. Sometimes I will hear whimpering coming out from the hallway when my door is shut as if it wants in, and sometimes even scratching sounds even when all my other dogs are out in their kennel. It follows me everywhere, when I'm sitting in the car on the way to the store or something it always follows me and jumps next to me, in the store it follows me like my shadow.

It's been protecting me from the thing that always pins me down in the middle of the night. I'll be pinned down one moment then hear growling the next and the thing disappears. I hear barking when I'm not in bed by 4:00am and it goes on and on until I finally lay down but the thing is no dog is even in the house. Then I hear barking when it is at least 7:00pm when I'm asleep and don't wake up, but the dogs are in the living room. Half the time it leaves me wondering what it was.

I feel as if I'm protected and have a Guardian Angel which I believe is Dakota.

So, what does everyone think it is? Is it my mind playing tricks on me or is it really Dakota?

Other hauntings by Wolfie234

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wolfie234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

envolga (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
i think its your dog Dakota its just what I got out of the story. (excuse me and my senses) but I think its your dog cause sad eyes are the true thing that I see in a dog that loves you.
bebr2012 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I absolutely think its a protecter, growling at an unseen force holding you that's loyalty, but next time you see the dog look at it and open yourself up and speak to it ask who or what it is. But I do believe it might be your dog you lost. =) goodluck.
Swashbucklette (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
First, I'm sorry about your dog's passing. That's really tough. I hope you had lots of years with Dakota.
Second, <weirdness alert> I have noticed that both pets and people seem to linger around for about three days after they pass. I've noticed this a number of times. My theory du jour is that their energy dissipates or goes where it's supposed to after that time. <I'm not yet convinced of/accustomed to this sensing ability I may have.> The fact that what appears to be your friend is still with you is very interesting. Did you notice any similar behavior from Dakota previously? I agree with Kiwi's comment about Dakota protecting you. I wish you the best of luck. Peace.
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Was your dog dark or was it what did it llok like and it must have loved youu if it came from the other side. I was just asking what it looked like because not to long ago my mother got a huskey not a wolf dog. She said she sad the strange urge to call him to Dakota so I was thinking it meant something but I feel that what you are experiecing is truly your dog that has loved you and will stay loyal to like dogs do. It is in there blood
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Your dog must have really loved you to visit you from the other side. Usually they come to visit us in our dreams to say they love but, in your case it was in the real world, you are really lucky! 😁
TheDrawBack (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Traditionally a black dog is a symbol of evil and is associated with the Devil, and its appearance was regarded as a portent of death. It is generally supposed to be larger than a normal dog, and often has large, glowing eyes. Yet in your case, it looks like it really is your dog, Dakota. Congratulations on having a paranormal dog. May it bring you protection from the hag (A hag is a ghost that is known to sit on a person's chest and choke them).
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
I agree with 13, Dogs especially have the ability to stay with a human even after death. And it is said that a dog will wait for their owner in the next life to go with them to the next plane together. This is a belief in many cultures and goes back a long way. Sounds to me like you have a malevolant presence that your spirit-form dog is protecting you from.

Kiwi
number13 (31 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Hello, I am Number13 and I believe it may be your dog Dakota, since dogs are very loyal to its owner an animals do have sixth sense to begin with, it may be possible for the dog to remain in the real world than move on to the next life because it is loyal to you, am I correct? This one of the hundreds of other possibilities but my theory would likely be the most correct I suppose. Good day and have a nice life.
iSpam (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
That is so cute! Can you play with it? Like a real dog?

Dude, I want one! No an evil one, but one like yours.
And what's a 'Dakota'?

I would love one of those!
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
maybe dogs or pets do have souls and you are her owner and she is loyal to you, and I don't think you are crazy as somethings we can't explain.
Wolfie234 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
Every time I go to get the camera the dog disappears, and I don't have my cellphone with me because my mom always has it when I don't go anywhere. I would love to be able to get a picture so that way I can prove to my mom and friends that I'm not crazy.
iyiyiy9 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
far's right I would like to see a picture of it, I would like to see it if you do get a pictue of it
farside62 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
Have you tried to get any pictures of this seeing that you see it all the time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: