You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is Somebody in my House?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Somebody in my House?

 

This is has happened twice, the most recent was Friday 27th of April 07 this year... But the first time happened last month. I'm usually home alone (since I dropped out of school), I took my dog outside for him to do his business and I was listening to my ipod. The song I was listening to had just stopped and I heard my front door open and close... My dog heard it to because he started barking, I thought "oh it's mum or dad", so I thought nothing of it, but because I hadn't done my chores, I realized if it was mum, I'm dead, if it's dad I'm still safe... So I walked through the garage to the front to see who it was by seeing the car and to my shock NO CAR! Which means somebody had entered my house! But both doors were supposed to be locked! I grabbed the rake from the garage and entered the house in the back way, I said loud and clearly "I know you're here, come out" I continued saying that while checking the house. I went to the front and the front door was open and the fly screen was shut... But both doors were shut and locked before! I continued to check the house, nothing was there, I know somebody/something was there because my dog started barking and I heard somebody come in!

The most recent one, as before, I'm home alone but this time I was in the house on my laptop on the other side of the house, I heard the fly screen and front door open, and then I heard a thud on the kitchen bench, like mum's bag usually does so I thought, oh mum is home! I wanted to show her something that I made on the laptop, so I walked through and nobody was there... Not even mum's bag! I walked to the front door and the front door was open and fly screen was shut... I grabbed the first item I saw which was an umbrella and checked all the rooms... Nobody was there.

Other hauntings by JessicaC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JessicaC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
wow... Seems your brave enough to check the house! What do you mean your fly door was shut? Is the fly door and the front door connected, or do you have a porch like thing?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
that's interesting you should read my stories on psychic website my name is Katie on there 😊 I have about 9 stories.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-03)
Whoa, that is definitely uncalled for, "Meh". That was crude, abusive and apalling.

Jessica, as long as they're not threatening you, it's okay. They're probably just letting you know they're there. =)
ashley broner (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-03)
this was so cool it creeped me out! I wish I could have an experents like that!
Zelora (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
Hi, Jessica. You know what...it's possible that some of these ghosts are your mom (or dad). There is a phenomenon known in Norway as "the vardoger" (the forerunner), and I have experienced it myself (in the U.S.). What made me think of this was your experience of hearing the sounds of your mum's arrival and then finding she wasn't there. By chance did she arrive in person soon afterward?
My example from my life: my daughter used to stay out very late (still does, but is grown up now). I couldn't sleep until she came home. I would hear her car pull up and park, and the door lock and the door opening, and then...nothing. She wouldn't be there. A couple of minutes later, I would hear the car again, but this time she WOULD be there!
Those of us who perceive this are more sensitive than average. I suggest you consider it a gift, and look for ways to make yourself spiritually strong and confident so things won't scare you so much. Meditation, yoga, and so forth - for instance.
Khang (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
hey, go and check out my story too, It' called Te Old Man and the Little Boy, It's true, and it might help you out.
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
Seems like you need to get back to school so these strange happenings stop bothering you while you're home doing nothing. :)
nicole (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
omg that is just wired what would do it grab my stuff and run out the house and go neext door or something if you want to repley me write back at brats815 [at] aol.com
crazy harry (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
i think it was just the wind. Ghosts are real but that seems to fake and unreal. The dog probably just started to bark because of a cat or something
nicolle (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
please go to phsycic stories and check out my story named phsycic bond with my cat
ErinT (9 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
The same kind of thing has happened in my house. Read my story Strange man in my house. Its a male figure my middle sisetr keeps seeing in our house and leaves doors etc open.

You just get used to it, trust me :)
Khang (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
Hey, I usually have those same things at my house, but you know what, it always came from my neighbor house. I was scare at the beginning too, but then I found out and get familiar to it. So next time when you hear door open and close, check out the neighbor.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: