You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mysterious Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Footsteps

 

One morning, in 2005, when I woke up at 4:30am, I was very thirsty so I went to the kitchen and got myself a drink. It wasn't very dark, it was just starting to get light. So I didn't have to turn any lights on, everybody was still asleep with their doors shut. I made my way back to my room and just as I was entering my bedroom I heard a thud. Like somebody just jumped off something in the kitchen. I ran into my room and laid in my bed shaking as I heard footsteps up and down the corridor near my room, my door is in a way where if there's enough light (which there was) I can see down the corridor and the way my bed was at that time, I was in a position to see if anything was there. I stared at the door terrified I might see something. I could hear the footsteps up and down the corridor, it went on for ages, I eventually (still shaking) walked up to the shelf near my door and grabbed my metal CD holder, and walked out into the corridor, then the footsteps stopped. I called out "if anybody is there please show yourself" but in a much more shakey please don't show yourself way. When I decided what ever it was has gone, I turned and walked back into my room and as I turned my back to go into my room I felt this sudden feeling I was being watched, so I ran into my room, turned on the light and laid in my bed... I eventually went back to sleep.

Other hauntings by JessicaC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JessicaC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-29)
This story gave me goosebumps...Goodness! I can only imagine how terrified you were. When you went back in the room after going out in the hallway, didn't you close the door behind you?
JessicaC (4 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Recently I found out my brother has also heard footsteps at night just never told anyone...
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
That is interesting I think your house could be haunted. It could be a ghost. Demons can make footsteps as well though. Interesting I enjoyed reading your story. You should do some research on it. You could ask the owner of this website and he give you advice on what it could be. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊 I have seen ghosts they can make noises one of them did but only I could hear her.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-03)
thanks very much for telling this. Have you ever seen anything or heard anything anymore.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: