You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Growing Up In A Spirit Filled House

Real Ghost Stories

Growing Up In A Spirit Filled House

 

Lets start by saying that I moved into this house when I was 12, (I am now 34) there are several experiences that have happened to my sister and I. I am going to tell you one. There are three "beings" in my parent's home, a female, a younger adolescent male and an older man

Many years ago I went to visit my parents, I now live in Utah. When I visit my parents I normally stay in my old bedroom and yes it gives me the creeps every time because of the things that have happened over the years.

It was the middle of the night and my daughter who was two at the time was sleeping next to me and my son who was just an infant was in the bassinette right on the side of the bed. I woke to find a woman who looked strikingly like my mother, fixing my hair on the pillow (my hair is really long and I sleep with it draped over the pillow) so the woman whom at the time I thought was my mom, fixed my hair, pulled the Blankets up on the bed to take sure that we were properly covered and then moved to the bassinette and did the same to my son, she mussed his hair and fixed his blanket. At this point I thought nothing of it. I really thought that it was my mom. The woman then proceeded to go into the bathroom and shut the door. I simply went back to sleep.

The next morning I awoke and was having coffee with my mom, and I asked her why she came downstairs to my room in the middle of the night and she gave me the strangest look. She stated that she didn't come down and asked me to describe the woman. Apparently I was not the only one who had seen her, though this was my first experience with her.

I do have plenty of others stories from growing up in this house. This being one of the more pleasant stories. Just thought I would share this one first!

Thanks so much for reading!

Other hauntings by angelia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-28)
That really sounds like a nice ghost, it sounds like she was that way in human life, your lucky to have her
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
thats a lovely thing to have a spirit that's careing and friendly like that, You say that she has shown herself to you can I ask you if she appears like she's from another century or from recent time's.Iam looking forward to reading more of your stories when you post them take care and good luck...
angelia (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
The female ghost that is in the house is one of three, The other two are males and not always so friendly. So I do have stories that are not so uplifting! 😢
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
A story that isn't about a terrible demon or a frightening spirit. It sounds like a Benign Haunting and it a powerfully uplifting story. I wish more people could have good experiences with the supernatural. Thanks for sharing!
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Scary but it was a good thing to know that you have a ghost in your house that cares for you in a human way... God Bless.
angelia (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
yes this spirit is harmless and very kind hearted... She doesn't show herself very often but you know she is there. She has shown herself to me, one of my moms friends and to my daughter. And yes I do have plenty of other stories. I will have to post them.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Thanks for sharing your story! This spirit woman sounds like a kind-hearted individual who wanted to take care of your family. 😊 Glad to hear of a few positive experiences to offset some of the negativity here.
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
thats sounds like a spirit who seems to be harmless. I would really like to hear more of your stories. You said that this one was more of the pleasant ones right? So what else happened growing up?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: