You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First Paranormal Experience

 

Let me start off by giving you all a little bit of background information about myself. I am a seventeen year old Caucasian female who lives Western Canada. My ghostly experience (at least I think it was) happened last night.

Every now and then, I like to log onto this website so that I can read some interesting stories. I will flat out state that before last night, I did not believe in anything paranormal like ghosts and spirits, demons, etc. I figured that it was just... Made up, and even if it was real, it wouldn't happen to me. Now, I'm not so sure. I honestly think I might be crazy, or that it was a dream a very real dream. I will warn you now: I am going into detail because I have no idea what is important information and what may not be. (My first experience, so I have no clue).

I suppose I should begin by telling you that before yesterday (Sunday, February 28th) I felt perfectly fine. Yesterday, I had scheduled my day so that I could spend the majority of my time studying for my Biology 30 International Baccalaureate exam that I had today, and for a Chemistry 30 exam that I have tomorrow and Wednesday. (I'm a full IB Diploma student, so I basically sit in my room and study). All day I felt extremely drained. This is not a normal thing for me. By the time 10 pm rolled around, I had already taken an afternoon cat nap, which is unusual for me. I did my usual nightly routine: reviewed my materials for my exam, then packed up my book bag and set it near the backdoor of my house. I got changed into my pj's and then went to sleep. Before bed, I took two Advil Cold and Sinus pills to help clear my sniffles.

I usually take a while to fall asleep, as my brain is still processing information for my exams, what I need to do for the rest of the week, etc. I was in a half-conscious state around 11:30 pm, when I woke up because I felt something tickling my left shoulder and collar bone. (I was sleeping on my back with my arms folded across my abdomen). I figured it was just the cold air drifting under my quilt, so I ignored it. A minute or so later, I felt a heavy pressure on my upper chest and arms, as if something or someone was pressing down on me. I could still breathe, but it was a tiny bit restricted. My hands, which were folded on my abdomen, felt extremely heavy. And yet there was a...pressure, I guess I could call it, that was pushing my arms slowly up off my stomach. At this point, I began panicking a bit, as I could not control my arms. I thought I was just dreaming. My arms slowly, inch by inch, pushed off of my abdomen and were suspended above it. The cold ticking feeling crept under my arms.

The invisible force moved my arms and put them at my sides. At that time, I tried to move my arms, and I could. So I sat up in bed and looked around, aware that I was now "awake". My fingers felt a bit numb, so I shook my hands out. I then decided to lie back down and try to go back to sleep.

Once again, I was almost asleep when I felt my right arm being pulled from under the covers. The force, as I am not sure what to call it, moved my arm so that it was away from my head at the edge of my pillow. As my arm was still moving while my muscles were relaxed, I stared at it, thinking I was dreaming again. I watched for a bit as my arm moved right in front of my face, and my hand was tilted, as if I were examining it. This time, I shot up in bed and shook my right arm out, as my fingers were numb and my hand cold. At first, I thought this was because it had been out from my covers. Shaking my head, I grabbed the water bottle that sits on my headboard and took a drink. As I sat there, cross legged, I was gently pushed back against my wall. (My bed is against a wall). I blinked, then sat up straight again. Shortly after that, I was again pushed back gently against my wall. I put my water bottle back, and scooted to the edge of my bed, where I sat cross-legged. (I *was* a skeptic, I thought my mattress was simply sagging, and that was why I was falling against my wall). At that point, I was again leaned back, and my legs lifted off my mattress. They uncrossed themselves, and then hung over the edge of my bed. I was totally freaked out, and thought perhaps the two Advil Cold and Sinus pills I had taken before bed had somehow made me high. I got up and stood by my bed a moment. I was pushed back down into a seating position gently. I stood up and walked around the corner of my hall into my bathroom. I closed the door and turned on the light. I of course, saw nothing but myself in the mirror.

After I washed my face with water, I decided to see if I was hallucinating or not. I stood in the bathroom and stared at the door. I figured that if my body was moving by itself, whatever was causing this would make me go back to bed, since that was obviously what it wanted. Lo and behold, I watched as my arm slowly moved by itself as if pulled by invisible strings. The first time, my hand overreached the doorknob, so the thing pulled it back. My hand settled on the doorknob. Fingers clasped the handle, and turned slowly. The door opened. I walked out. I didn't turn the light off, so my arm was already moving to turn it off. When I got back to my bedroom, I stopped before my bed. I tensed my leg muscles and fought against climbing into bed. This ended up failing, as I was gently shoved from behind so I bent over onto my bed. Since I was kneeling, my brain screamed at me to start praying. So I did. I prayed the Our Father in every language I know (which is three). I'm Catholic, by the way. The pressure on my limbs seemed to dissipate. Not wanting to anger this entity *I didn't know if prayer would make it mad, I only thought it would make it go away), I went back under the covers, but rolled over onto my side. I put my arms under my pillow, so they couldn't "move on their own". I closed my eyes for a few minutes, only to feel a pressure on my right arm again. Slowly, my arm was being pulled from under my head and pillow. At this time, my dog, Rusty, a Shih Tzu Bichon Frisse cross, walked in. (He tends to change beds in my house. Sometimes he sleeps with my brother in the basement, other times by himself on one of our couches, sometimes in my parents' room, or with me). I thought "Oh thank you God. Rusty will see this thing and it'll go away). *My dog tends to stare at empty space as if something is there. This happens especially in my room, sometimes in the hallway outside my room).

Unfortunately, my arm continued to move, and my dog simply hopped onto the edge of my bed and curled up into a ball to sleep. The entity pulled my arm out and placed it beside my head, near the edge of my pillow as it had done before. I remember the time being 12:45 when this happened. For probably the next hour or so, the entity worked on me. It pushed and pulled my limbs, positioning my arms so and then lifting my torso up. It did this so it could move the quilt I had barricaded myself in. Once that was accomplished, it pushed me and eventually it managed to roll me over onto my back. By now, all I could think was "Never, ever take Advil again EVER!" I honestly didn't know what to think. My brain felt kind of fuzzy, and I didn't believe what was happening, even as my heart raced.

Once it had me on my back, it took my arms and made them lift my covers up, as if holding them open for something... Or someone. I was fully awake, and at this point, I was trying to see if I could see a dark figure or anything. There was nothing. After re-positioning my arms under the covers, the thing started moving my right arm again. It released my arm and instead it lifted me up so my back was arched like a bow and I felt myself being dragged to a lower position on my mattress. It was only when it made my hand undo my pajama bottom ties that I finally realized what it may have wanted. I'm a virgin, I have never had a boyfriend, and I rarely go out. (I'm called Super Keener by everyone in my IB classes because my life is pretty much devoted to school since next yea I'm attending university as I'm going into Veterinary Medicine). Even though I have little experience with boys, I immediately tried to move my hands away from my pants, as the entity was making me pull on my pants. It allowed me to control my body easily. I sat up and told it this: "I do not want you here. You are not welcome here by anyone in this house. Please leave. Just leave me alone, please." I had to whisper as to not wake my parents up, but after I said that, it left. I stayed awake until 2:30 am, and eventually I fell asleep. When I got up at six am today, I was sitting in bed, too tired to move. Now I'm not sure if I actually moved my arm, but it felt like the thing was moving my arm. It pulled it out from the covers and set it in my lap. At that, I practically ran to the bathroom to shower. I'm extremely nervous about tonight. I don't know what this thing is, or how to make it go away. My best friend also believes it's a spirit, and she worries that I may have angered it by being rude to it. I just wanted it to go away... I didn't want it to do anything else to me.

I can tell you that this thing was never rough, and I didn't ever hear it speak, even when I told it to leave. It also didn't care that I was fully awake. It moved my arm with the lights on in my bathroom, for crying out loud. I don't know what it was, but I do know that I NEVER want it back in my house. At first I thought it may have been an incubus or succubus, I'm not familiar with these things, but it didn't try and choke me, and the presence was only a bit cold. Maybe it was just a perverted ghost?

Please give me some advice here. I don't know how to deal with these things. I may be a huge fan of Supernatural, but I'm not about to start making salt lines around my bed. By the way, my family as lived in this house for over thirty years and no one has died in my house. I have no idea why a ghost would come to my house. My older cousin passed away a few months ago from cancer, but I highly doubt that he would act perverted towards me. Please, your input and advice would be much appreciated, as I am unsure if this entity will come back. If any more information is required, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HellxButterfly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HellxButterfly (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Alright, thank you very much for your advice. I really appreciate it.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Wow that would be very creepy, and I agree that stress plays a big part in your problem. If you try to de-stress your life you shouldn't have as much of a problem. I remember you saying you were studying for two really hard tests. I know with my body I tend to get colds and flu viruses if I am stressed out. Good for you for studying to be a veterinarian. Also when you are sick or taking cold medicine it makes you more vulnerable to spiritual attack or in your case unwanted attention.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
These critters go after a person in high stress situations.

Vet School med tests seem to qualify as high stress.

I recommend that you bone up on your Catholic upbringing and talk to a sympathetic priest.
HellxButterfly (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
[at] princessLotus, I actually didn't believe in them. I mean, my parents raised me to believe that when a person dies, they go to Heaven or Hell, or Purgatory. They told me that if you have recurring dreams about a family member that's died, or someone that's died, to pray for them and they'll pass on. I figured demons were just in TV shows and books. On Monday night, the night it *seemed* to have left me, I asked out loud for God to keep me safe, so perhaps that kept it away. I'm not sure.
HellxButterfly (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Well on... Monday night, it was around six pm, and I was sitting at my computer desk working on my homework. It seemed to have come back, as I felt a chill around my neck. I pulled my hood up to cover my neck, put it was pulled back down. A minute later, my neck was being rolled around. At first, it was just in a circular motion, but since I was ignoring it, it pulled my neck backwards. It wasn't a violent pull, but it wasn't exactly comfortable. It kind of felt like hands were on my neck, as I felt a cold pressure there. And my lips felt a bit numb, not sure why. It also took control of my hand and pencil. It started scribbling on my scrap paper that I had physics derivations on. I told it numerous times to leave me alone. I thought it might not understand English, so I told it in French and Polish as well. It didn't leave me alone. It kept pushing my body against my desk, and at one point it started rocking me back and forth. It also found my cell phone quite interesting. It seemed to get annoyed with me, and I was a bit roughly pushed out of my rolling chair. It then made me walk into my room. It sat me on my bed and well... My upper body started moving in...circles. Like someone was rotating my upper body while sitting. But that was all. Unless it's come back when I was sleeping (and I didn't know about it, but I'm a light sleeper) that was it. So I think it was kind of closer to a two night deal.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
I have to agree with Devious here. And hunny can I ask you, if you're in fact Catholic & you know how to pray you never believed in spirits or demons? Have you talked to you parents? Also, your body is YOURS, no one & no thing has any right to cause you to do anything you don't want with your body. Your body is precious & should be respected & treated accordingly, by everyone, including your self. Also, as you have said you are in fact Catholic you know Jesus loves you & He gives us authority to tell these things to leave us in His name. I hope this ends for you sweetie & keep us posted. We are all here to help. Try not to get discouraged if it does take more than 1 or 2 times to get it across to the spirit or what ever it may be, that you want nothing to do with it. Bless you.

~~LSD~~
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Mm, I still have to say that this sounds a bit like an incubus to me. I think so because of the pressing but gentle nature. I'm not sure why you think that all incubi try to choke their "hosts". Many people have experienced incubi that are not at all violent. I think you did well by telling it to leave. From what I understand, ignoring these things and absolutely refusing the contact they try to have with you will make them go away.

Succubussed, this would be a good place for you to come in. 😊
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Hellx,
Any updates since that night? Sunday, was it? Just curious if this was a one night deal, or if it has come back.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: