You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Darkness Under The Door

Real Ghost Stories

Darkness Under The Door

 

I have been a believer of ghosts ever since I was little but I have never had anything happen to me ever. I have had friends that have had things happen to them and have even lived in haunted houses and yet I have never, ever when I stayed over at their house, had anything happen to me. It was like I had some kind of ghost repellent. I started to wonder if my dealings in earth magick had cut off my power to ghost and maybe my studies in Wicca had turned them off to me.

It all started around July '09. I can't tell you the exact date since so many things were happening at that time which I think helped bring on what has been happening to me from then until now.

I was living with my boyfriend that summer and we lived on a farm, not too far from town but still a good way away, and it had been a particularly horrible day. My boyfriend's mom had been yelling at us all day for not cleaning the kitchen on time and for not finishing the small garden we were building in the back of the house. She seemed to be thinking of lame reasons to yell at us. First the kitchen then the garden, and then the water in the bathroom and so on without letting up, I was sure that if she didn't stop I was going to give up and walk back into town and move back in with my family.

When she finally let up it was around 10 and the only reason she let up was because she had to work the next day and so we all went to bed in a bad mood.

Let me tell you a bit about "The Mom". My boyfriend's mother is a very religious person, like scary religious, and she's very keen on letting everyone in the world know that she is that way. I think that's why she had such a problem with me in the beginning. She didn't know I was Wiccan but it was almost as if she could see right through my fake interest in what she had to say about God. But she is also Cherokee and knows many things about the spiritual world and knows how to contact spirits. (I believe in God and Jesus I just don't worship them just as an add in).

It was about 11 when it started. I was awake reading a book while my boyfriend slept like a log next to me. I felt as if I was the only person in the house for a while but suddenly I felt a chilly wind sweep over my chest and arms almost completely freezing me out. I sat up and looked around the room and saw nothing but shadows dancing from the night light and book light. I figured the window might be open so I lay back down and took my book up again. After that my dog started freaking out, he wasn't barking but he got up and was looking around everywhere and his eyes were wide and he was growling and his lips were curled in a snarl. I picked him up into my lap and was trying to calm him when I heard something knocking up in the attic. (The attic door was in our room, scary huh?). I looked up at the attic door and it stopped. I thought maybe it was the wind, I was in denial, and I continued to pet my dog until he calmed and I was able to go to sleep after the sun was up.

The next few days The Mom was very quiet and worn out but I didn't think too much of it since she worked a lot. A few weeks after that happened The Mom was all over us again, but this time she was screaming and fussing over the dirt on the floor. That was her only topic that night and she went to bed early still ranting and raving we could even hear her in her bedroom grumbling about how useless we were. This is when the big thing happened.

That night I was reading again, Jeff was sleeping next to me. I had the big overhead light on this time and was just about to head to bed when I started seeing shadows under the door. The bottom of our door was about an inch and a half off the floor so it wouldn't rake and scratch the floor and the light from the fish tank was very bright and came under our door like an extra night light. But this night I could see a shadow blocking most of the light. It was in the form of two separate shadows coming from the same place, like someone's legs. I watched the shadow for a moment thinking what it might have been The Mom wanting something from the living room but then I started hearing voices. They sounded far off and quiet as if someone was whispering to someone else that was answering who was also whispering. My heart started to beat quickly and I curled into a ball on the bed as if ignoring them would help. It didn't; in fact, I could hear more of them this time. All male and all intertwining together so their voices sounded like a humming noise. I turned and looked at the bottom of the door and saw that I could no longer see any of the light coming from the fish tank. As I was watching the bottom of the door I could see, what in my mind looked like hands, come up under the door and hold the bottom of the door. The door started to shake and I freaked. I woke up Jeff and as soon as he woke up everything disappeared, making me look like an idiot.

I told him what happened and he seemed very confused. I started to get angry and I jumped out of bed and placed boxes in front of the door so I could no longer see the bottom I also put a blessed necklace on the door so it would no longer be able to touch the door. I didn't explain the story again to Jeff until the next morning after I purified the house in and out with salt and herbs and placed Runes on the inside of our room so nothing could get in without permission.

After all of that it calmed down to seeing shadows in the bathroom, things moving on their own and so on. I never have been able to figure out what happened that night or who caused it but I have a feeling that The Mom had something to do with it; it always happened the most when her temper flared like it was feeding off her emotions of vice versa.

I have more stories that will be posted at a later date.

Other hauntings by HadeCheveyo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HadeCheveyo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
jesyka1234 - not to answer for HadeCheveyo, but where did you get the idea she was 11 when she lived with her boyfriend? She said it was about 11 when it started, meaning 11:00, unless I misunderstood.
jesyka1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-15)
I know this is kind of off topic but... Did your story Really say that you were living with your boyfriend at the age of 11?
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
well written that.

Couldnt help but notice, before you pointed out at the end, that both incidents could probably have been connected with the 'mother figure'.

I do a lot of paranormal work and 'activity' is heightened when energy is in the area, positive or negative. Though the latter can sometimes attract the latter, it did in my household some years ago.

When there is a lot of anger/stress levels, negative spirits thrive off this.

I could be totaly wrong in this instance, as LSD mentioned, that an religous nut (if you will) often has a certain type of spirit. (along those lines, sorry if the qoute isn't perfect). That I don't know about.

It's a bit like when table tipping or using a glass on a ouija board (not recommended without experienced people), it's amazing the response you get when someone cracks a joke creating natural good energies. Has always sent the table going in my experience, when otherwise we could have been stood there 5 minutes or 10 previous trying.
Seem's more than a co-incidence seeing as that happens pretty much everytime I investigate a location and use that communication tool anyway.

And constant arguments/stress/depression in my house many years ago, definately attracted a 'not so nice' spirit for a while.

Or it could be the spirit that LSD speaks of, having more ability to express itself due to the energies in the household from the mother figure.

Thanks for the write up, very interesting.

HadeCheveyo (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Trudy:
Thank your for your comment. I can understand where you're coming from with your opinion. Jeff is Christian and we get along great. I think it has maybe more to do with how deeply involved in your religion because the Mom was deeply Christian where Jeff is non-denominational... Does that make sense?

Summit:
Wow that's a scary story, I would hate to wake up somewhere and not remember where I was! Thank goodness there was a dog! Lol! Thanks for your comment!

LSD:
Thank you so much for your comment and I agree with you on your opinion! Thank you for making me feel not so alone on the Mom thing. Lol
Thanks again!

Patrick:
Thank you for your comment and I'm glad to mean another Wiccan! I also thing that there might have been a spirit there that our moving in might have caused it aggravation, not to mention the constant yelling...
I haven't done research on the property but I do know that it is in a valley area and the family that owns acres of land have had some trouble here themselves. I think I'll look more on it!
Blessed be!
pman2010 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Very interesting story. I'm also a Wiccan. I have always believed that with the wisdom of the Earth and Moon that it is possible to establish contact with spirits. Also I have heard that if a house absorbs enough ill will and negativity it will create a build up of psychic activity that mocks poltergeists. If there was an entity already there it would also be drawn to that negativity. My advice would be to keep purifying the house and do some research on the property.

Blessed Be
-Patrick
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I was going to say, that people who are super sickly religious have a strange spirit that hangs around them. I know from first hand, I see it a lot. I am a believer & I am a Christian, a pastor even, but I'm in no way stupid uber religious I just love Jesus, you know? So I was think'n it was probably her icky religious spirit lurking around try'n to scare you into thinking it was a conflict of beliefs. I'm so sorry she was that way, I have dealt with a couple of "THE MOM'S" & it is SO hard to hold your tongue because you love your man. I like the way you handled it, you may have to cleanse the house time & again just to keep on top of things because they do tend to slither back just when we get comfey. I bless my home here & there just for that reason. I liked your story thanxs for sharing! Bless you & yours.

~~LSD~~
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Well I believe you, my auntie experienced it two years ago. Someone, very late at night called her outside (thinking it was his older brother to fetch her up) and opened the door. The last thing she remembered was a black guy called her and when she acquired consciousness back, she was very tired and found herself at the middle of the farm not very far from their house, seemingly walking for an hours. And you know what? She suddenly realized that her dog just bumped her that's why she regains consciousness. Thanks to the dog...
Trudy44 (60 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Dear HadeCheveyo,

It sounds like the mother was under spiritual attack. When Christians don't put their armor on many times they come under attack. When people of different religions meet together sometimes there is not a good reaction in the spirit world. This bad reaction in the spirit world is the reason why Christians should not marry non-Christians. Well this is just my opinion. What do you think? 😊 ❤ 😉
HadeCheveyo (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Rose,
Thank you for your comment!
Yeah if I wouldn't have been so scared and frozen in pace I might have opened the door but who knows what I would have seen! Jeff thought it might have been deceased Native Americans since he and his mom are Native American...
RoseWolfe82 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
interesting... I just started studying Wicca and have been wondering if it actually opens you up to the paranormal in any way b/cuz since I cast my first circle every so often I see these little bright and sometimes flashing lights popping up in the strangest of places... But its nothing to write a story about (yet) ha anyway wish I could help you but I'm new here srry although I think I would have opened the door to see what would have happened hehee (or not?) hmmm...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: