You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tapping In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Tapping In The Closet

 

This all starts around August of last year. Me and my boyfriend have moved out of his mom's house (Read my first subscription) because my house is much closer to the school and she had kicked me out anyway causing my boyfriend to leave with me since he didn't want to be in the house alone with her and he didn't want to leave me. He had told me once before when he had been living alone with just him and his mother that he kept getting a very bad feeling from her while they were moving into the farm house. He said that she would talk funny, smile at the corner of the living room, and stare at him for long periods of time. So of course I told him he could live with me.

So I'm back in my house which is full of people. I have my mother, half-sister, me, Jeff, and my great grandparents. So the house is pretty much full and the air is filled with negativity. The negativity comes from my mom who hates me and my boy completely.

I didn't think about it at first, I had been living with the hate for nearly 5 years and so I thought it was just one of those things where it would go away in time. But then things, about 3 weeks into my return, started happening.

My big overhead light in my room would flicker was the first thing I noticed. Everyone was thinking it was faulty wiring and when about their normal days. But there was something not right about it. The light could be off and then suddenly the middle of the bulb would gather light and it would slowly get brighter and brighter until the whole bulb would be bright. It would stay like that for a few minutes and then go out again as though it had never happened.

The second thing was I would hear someone or someone scratching at my closet door. But the weird thing about it was that it would happen at the same time every night. I would wake up around 3:10 every morning (still do) and I would turn over and try to go back to sleep but I would never get close enough to drift because as soon as the clock hit 3:12 the scratching would start, light at first, like as if it was just a figment of my imagination but slowly it would get louder and louder until the clock hit 3:20 and then it would make its one last loud bang and then it would go quiet. Jeff would be awake as soon as the last scratch hit the door and he knew as well as I knew that something was wrong.

The third thing was the dark shapes that run up and down my hallway from time to time. I would be in the kitchen late as night getting a glass of water and I would turn to leave when I would see something to run past. I use to think it was Jeff but every time I would call his name he would answer from the bedroom and be laying there already ready for bed and waiting for me.

I don't know if some of this stuff was brought on by the negativity in the house brought on by my mother's hate for me, I don't know if it's because the energy has always been here and my leaving and then my return was maybe a change for it and it started to get riled up.

If there is anyone that can help give me some answers and opinions please do.

Other hauntings by HadeCheveyo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HadeCheveyo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
I completely believe you and just think positive don't let anything negative get to you
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
You wake up at 3:10 every morning? Did you know that in the Amityville Horror George Lutz woke up at 3:15 AM every night in the house they stayed in? The light though could still be a faulty connection. If there is a partial bad connection the bulb may light dim in the center as that's where the filaments are. If the switch is on it can be out for a while then come back on then go out intermittently. But I don't know about the rest of the stuff.
mattarat (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
I know what you fell in my old house I heard running down the hall to I'm more opened to the spirit world and still when I moved to tennessee I heard noises in the kitchen and my mom had experiences I used a Ouija but it did not work cause my mom knows all about black magic my great grandma was black and she was witch or something I'm scared to this day but don't trust ghost the majority of them are evil don't trust them trust me my mom knows leave comments about this story to help this girl and trust in GOD he is the way
yaygurl (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
I live in a place in North Carolina and everyone in my develpement has had awful problems with demons or horrible demons, but we've found some ways to get rid of them. I don't always see the spirits or demons, but I've heard them a lot ever since I was a kid, it might be because my mom was always out working and my dad like to abuse my brothers and I.
What we learned to do to make them go away was to show them who was alive and more powerful. Most of the time, we would throw things at them and tell them to go away, that this wasn't there place anymore and they'd stay asay for a while. Make sure not to show them any fear and this should go smoothly, but if it gets any worse, get a proffesional and quickly! If it is a demon, and doesn't go away it would be too dangerous to leave it alone.
ScaredToDeath0 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
it is said that a lot of negativity ghost gets attracted to it. Like you said your mom really hates you and your bf. So replace the negativity with positivity and somehow stop your mom from hating you two. Its either that or you move out and find a house with no DEATH history or something along those lines.

Adam
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Crap.
Sorry for the "move out" comment I just posted. It's too early for me at the moment.

Okay so you can't move out because I'm assuming you're caring for your sick family members.

Still I would stay focused on positive things and what hopefully will be a productive future.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
It just sounds like you're dealing with a stressful environment. I would really try to move out and on. Save up your money (city jobs USUALLY pay well) and move out. Put the paranormal aside (which is TBD). It sounds like you're on the right path... Counseling and a job.

I also think other posters (including myself) needed a better grasp of what the issue was with your mother.

Best of Luck
HadeCheveyo (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
I can't move out... I would if I could but my Great Grandparents are in really bad health and that's not an excuse.
If I could explain everything better for you all to understand where I'm coming from I would. I'm trying to explain it but I doubt it will help since I'm a so called 'lazy teenager'.
I didn't know that one part of a story would cause so many negative reactions towards me and my boyfriend.
HadeCheveyo (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
For you all to understand is I live with my two great grandparents not my mother. In fact 5 years ago was the first time I ever saw my mother growing up, she left me at my Great grandparents house because she didn't want to raise me herself. She has even told me that and my counselor. She moved in here with us not the other way around. I have a job, I go to school, I go to counseling, my boyfriend work for the city.
I'm 18 years old, my boyfriend is the same.
Does that help you grip my situation better?
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
I too second Vulcan & D.A. If things are really awful why not move? Or try to find other living arrangements? I know easier said then done.

Honestly it sounds like you have more pressing issues at the moment.
96BitterSweet (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Hey,
I'm sure, no matter how much it might seem, your mother doesn't hate you. If she did would she not have kicked you out, or said you and your boyfriend couldn't live there any more?

About the shadows though, if you live near a road where there are street lamps and traffic going past then that could be the cause of it. I say this because I always see shadows going passed in my living room when the curtains are either open or not shut properly because I live next to a petrol station with lorries going past. I'm not sure about the scratching but I think the bulb could be faulty wires, like Holly. Get it checked out and if it continues then post a comment or something just to update us.

Take care,
Sophie
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
As overly blunt as vulcan's comment was, in part, I have to agree a little. I don't know your home situation so I'm not judging you or anything, but my parents would sooner kick me to the curb and let me live in a cardboard box condo than let me live at home with my boyfriend. The fact that your mother let's you and your boyfriend live with her suggests that she probably doesn't hate you as much as you think she does. It sounds like a lot of the spiritual activity is a result of negative energy throughout the house. If you're both young, healthy individuals, it would probably be best to move out on your own so that you don't have to live with people who don't want you around.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
If anything, it sounds like it might be brought on by two lazy kids who are living with their parents and need to grow up and fend for theirselves. You should kiss either one of your parents feet for allowing you to shack up under their roof to begin with. Get a job and some responsibility and this probably won't happen so much.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
I don't know the age of the house you're in...

It could be pipes. It could be expansion and contraction of building materials used in the construction of the house. When the air cools down the building seems to shrink slightly.

Could be a water heater. Furnace...

I don't know what exact problems you have with your mother. I also don't know how old you are. BUT: I think it might be a good idea to talk to her (the best you can) and try to come to some kind of resolution or agreement on whatever the problem is. In the mean time keep focused on positive things. Are you in school? College? Do you work? Have a certain hobby? Keep focused on those and whatever you may benefit from them in the future.
HadeCheveyo (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Kirsty:
Thank you for your comment.
Yes I do know that 3 is the witching hour and at first I kind of thought it was that but I'm not to sure where I stand on that.
And yes... My mother is a bad person don't worry I'm not offended.
Thanks!

Holly:
Thank you for your comment!
I never did think it was the wiring so maybe I'll get that checked out. Thank you for your opinion. Could the banging be a result of that too then?
Jeff has also seen the shadow, in fact, he even thought it was me a few times trying to pay a trick on him while he was in the kitchen and some of my friends have seen it when they go down the hall to use the restroom at night.
The last time I tried to talk to my mom she threw a fit saying I was trying to get info out of her to get her kicked out of the house and then she threw a spoon at me... Yeah that didn't end well.
Thank you for all your opinions!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
It could be faulty wiring. Even newer houses can have problems... So you might want to look into that.

The closet door: No animals in the house right? Are you positive the noise is coming from the door and not somewhere else in the house? Do you ever get up and go towards the door when this is happening?

Has anyone else seen this black shadow?

I don't put a lot of stock into the whole "3:00 am" thing. I mean yeah... I get it. I've heard the reasoning behind it. Just my personal opinion.

It sounds like there is a lot of negativity. Without prying or getting too personal, can you pin-point why your mother doesn't like you? Any way of clearing the air or sitting down and having a "heart to heart" with her?
KirstyLouise (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
wow, you know 3.00am is the witching hour:)

So maybe it's that.
Not to be rude but you mum seems horrid.


-Kirsty

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: