You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seen And Heard Things That I Did Not Understand

Real Ghost Stories

Seen And Heard Things That I Did Not Understand

 

My name is Dianne and I am from Ontario, Canada.

Ever since I was a young child I have seen and heard things that I did not understand. I can remember being around 3 and hearing people talk to me and seeing shadowy beings in my room. I used to cry at night and be terrified when I would see them in my room but my parents would say it was my housecoat on the back of the door even when that wasn't the area I had reported seeing it in. I don't remember really seeing them again after I turned seven years old.

As a young adult I would have someone/thing pull my hair or poke me or rub the bottom of my foot under the covers and wake me from sleep. Obviously this would freak me out. I always chalked it up to being my imagination or being overtired etc. I would also sometimes see things out of the corner of my eye... Like an energy in the air during the day or early evenings.

Last night I was trying to fall asleep but kept seeing a shadow on the wall by my bed. I would get an awful feeling of panic and terror and would have to turn on the lamp by my bed... Nothing there. I would read for a bit and then try to sleep again only to see the shadow again. I had to work the next day and assumed it was my imagination playing tricks on me so I took a sleeping pill and eventually drifted off to sleep.

My 16 year old daughter had a bad nightmare and came into my room to wake me only to see a dark figure leaning over my bed peering at me... It didn't look up, or move, just stared at me continuously. She got scared and went back to her room and told me about it the next morning. She said the face was all black...couldn't see eyes or any features but it was wearing a white shirt... I thought it might be a shadow person but the white shirt does not fit into that theory.

I am afraid to fall asleep now for fear of this thing watching me... It creeps me out. Does anyone know what this thing wants from me? I assume with all my past history that this thing has been watching me my whole life. How can I make it go away?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dianne33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dianne33 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
I am from the GTA Area... Is there a reason as to why you are asking?
kylin_katt (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
awkward question but... Where in Ontario, Canada are you from? I am from southern.
Dianne33 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hi everyone,

I have not had any more experiences since sprinkling the holy water around my home... Except for a new phenomenon...

For the past 2 weeks I have been waking up at exactly 3:33am. The first couple of times I thought it was coincidence but I mentioned it to my husband and he said the same. Then after the 4th and 5th time I started to get really freaked out. Apparently I am not alone. There are literally hundreds of people experiencing the same thing... Google 3:33...does anyone have any ideas as to what this means and what I am supposed to do? I get the distinct feeling I am supposed to do something... Or its some sort of clue. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Dianne33 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
Thank you everyone for your responses. I got my hands on some holy water and sprinkled it all over my home and asked the spirit/shadow/demon to leave... And since doing that I have had no other problems or sightings... That was 3 months ago... And I am hoping it doesn't return. Thank you again for your imput!
JimD (431 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
Hi;

I know what it was. It was a demon. I am a lay Catholic demonologist, from Long Island, NY, USA, and the symptoms are always the same. The dark shadow that causes fear and terror is demonic. If Catholic, please attend Mass, Confession, Holy communion, and say The Holy Rosary - often.

Also, get and use a lot of Catholic Holy wtaer, especially at night. 9 pm - 6 am are the psychic hours. 3 am is also important because it mocks Our Lord's death on the Cross, i.e. A miracle in reverse. The Devil loves inversion. Say the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Atchangel - often. Watch it's response. Email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, should you have continuing problems, which I suspect you may. God bless you.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
I would not talk to it. If you acknowledge it, it may take that as a sign of acceptance and you definately do not want that. I would definately go with Robertar's suggestion #1 which cannot hurt. If it is evil, it will flee. Let us know.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Never underestimate the old standby against evil spirits: Cold Iron.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Kardegan said it pretty well for you. Either

1.trust that Jesus will confront it if you ask Him
2.trust that human's have an innate power that is accessible by "having faith", regardless of what you believe as long as you believe strongly (regardless of whether it is true or not, which implies some power in a lie)

The next person advises you to speak to it, but others will warn you that is exactly the wrong thing to do.

Dianne, what do you think you might do?
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
talk to the shadow. Instead of panicing when you see it try to keep your cool. Tell it that your not afraid of it but it is bothering you and keeping you up. If it continues try burning some insence for the shadow or putting flowers in your room for the shadow and make sure you tell it that the insence or flowers are for them. Tell it you want peace and either aettle down or get out of your house.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Hi Dianne,
The shadow doesn't have to be connected to past experiences, not saying it isn't, just doesn't have to be. Did your daughter tell you what her dream was? And could it be remotly connected to this thing? Kind of for a lack of a better term, a warning to go check on you? Are you the only one who's sensative to such activities?
Questions aside, the figure in white I have assumptions and guesses but don't want to feed you bad info, as for the shadows you see when trying to sleep its quite normal to feel fear from such an encounter, there's the 'shadow people' that seem to be every where. Or in a more obscure view the shadow of the white shirt guy. A shadow casting shadow not the best way of how to explain it but the best I can think of. For trying to get it to go away, if you are religous use your faith the whole calling on the name of Jesus - you are not welcome here thing, others can expand on that better then I. Other avenues if your strong in the will power department is to tell it to leave though this method can be percived as a challange by the entity in which it may become more agressive.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: