You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man Standing Next To My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Man Standing Next To My Bed

 

About two years ago I moved from Michigan to Tennessee. After being here for about three days I started having what I thought was bad dreams. I would be sleeping and wake up to a man standing next to my bed. I would scream and my boyfriend would wake up and it would be gone. Like I said at first I thought it was just a bad dream but it started happening more and more. It is happening about three times a week now and it is terrifying me. I just wake up out of a dead sleep and don't know what wakes me up. When I look over there is a man there. It's always the same man but not always in the same area.

The first couple times it happened I thought it was a dream or just shadows so I would sit up in bed and watch it and it moves then disappears. I still don't know if I'm seeing things or if I'm paranoid but it's terrifying me.

Last night was the worst so far. I woke up feeling like something was pulling on me and I was kneeling on the floor next to the bed and the man was standing over me I screamed so loud it woke up everyone in the house. I don't know what to do anymore. Could anyone explain this? It has never happened to me before until I moved into this house. Is this a ghost, Can it hurt me? It hasn't happened to anyone else in the house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mnb227, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Knoxamiz (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
I don't believe in Jesus, or God... That for me takes all of the magic and beauty out of ghosts. It is something that we don't understand, so to act like we do understand is an insult to what could be.

Moving on... This recently happened to me and this is why I'm here talking about it. I feel as tho you should ignore the ghost for now. If it becomes more active as your fear lessons begin to acknowlege its presence slowly. Do not ask questions, Do not try to interact with it... Just calmly watch it. If it becomes agressive, changes colors, attempts to speak do not be afraid and do not engage in conversation. There are two energies the other dimensional beings can feed off of and that's LOVE & FEAR. Maybe it is there watching over your spouse and your fear is what drives it away or it comes to feed off your fear to stay in this dimension longer. If you respond back with a carefree loving heart it may begin to react differently. Does this spirit come after Sex? If so it may be waiting for a shell for an old soul. There are many different things that could be going on here and I highly doubt its anything demonic or has anyting to do with religion, that's just silly.
Faith (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
Beginning about two years ago, I began experiencing the same thing. I would wake up to some man standing right beside me at my bed. I would scream waking my husband and the figure would be gone. It was always a male and they were all different people. I can describe their clothing their facial expressions, hair color, everything. They never spoke. They looked at me as though they were trying to communicate something. They always came one at a time. I have never seen any of them before. It started to occur with increased frequency. I am a Christian but don't attend church. I began to sleep with a bible open next to my bed and started to pray again each night. They completely stopped, almost two years passed. Last night it happened again. This time not scary at all. This time I could hear his thoughts. He held a plastic bag with items I could not make out in his hand. He told me 'he is going to need this'. So I don't know what it was about. Yesterday I packed for my sons camp trip. Perhaps this was just a dream? Obviously I was preoccuppied with what he might need. I sat up and he was gone. I DO NOT WANT THEM TO COME BACK. I have no interest in being some sort of conduit. I really think they just think you can help them.
GHostGIrl92 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
This has happened to me millions of times.
I tried to ignore it but I couldnt.
I would wake up and see a man standing beside my bed so I told it to leave me alone. It didn't work.
Try sleeping in another room and if it follows you then its after you and wants to tell you something. 😕
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
mnb227--You could be on land sacred to Original Inhabitants, and a trip to the City Hall or library might tell you if the vision you see is attached to the land. Next possibility, it's attached to the house from previous owners. I assume neither your friend nor you have dabbled in anything to summon up a spirit.
Its insistence has got to be creeping you out. Could you look up a paranormal group to take on an investigation? For your health's sake, I suggest you find another place to stay, at least until you begin to get some answers that satisfy you. Good luck in your search.
sammid71 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
MNB,

I am so sorry that something is waking you and scaring you so bad. I can understand and I understand you want it gone and gone now. For me and my family we had to find what worked best for us. For us we smudged the house, placed stones under our pillows, asked the great spirits to protect us and I put a dream catcher over my bed. We also have 2 Bibles in the house, but they are in the other room. If you are someone who believes strongly in god, pray to god and tell that thing that god commands him to leave you alone. If you are not someone who prays to god then you might want to try what worked for me. No way is the wrong way, what gives you strength is what will protect you from it. Good Luck and if you need anything please let me know. ❤
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
I agree with Jitow. There is power in the name of Jesus, if you have faith, and if you have taken Jesus as your personal Saviour. Do what Jitow recommends. I am in agreement with him. That is how I combat unpleasant spirit disturbances.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-24)
It sounds 100% demonic. Try using a lot of Catholic Holy water, especially at night. 9 pm - 6 am are the pyschic hours, especially 3 am, because it mocks the hour our Lord died on the Cross. If Catholic, attend Mass, receive communion often, and go to confession. In addition to Catholic Holy water, try commanding it to leave in the name of Jesus, or Mary, or St. Michael the Archangel. All are effective. Good luck and God bless you. Email me at Dukes2352atAol.com, if any more problems.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
When you see it again simply say Jesus, or Jesus rebuke you, or God rebuke you. Note the reaction. I would be willing to bet that its reaction will be to split and fast. If it is not your eyes playing tricks on you it very well could be a "familiar" a low level entity but it works for the bad guys. It has certain powers to opress but the only way it can possess is by you letting it remain there. The longer you allow it to stay the stronger its claim to be near you becomes. Its job is to keep you away from a loving relationship with God until it is too late to excersize your free will to choose God. The reason that it is there is because you have not committed to or fully committed to one side or the other and it is slowly and methodically staking a claim on you for its master if that is what it turns out to be. There are only 2 choices when it comes to your eternity, good or bad. If you don't actively choose good, you are inactively choosing bad, by default. It may not be a familiar, but do not take a chance. Use the phrases that I wrote to you above as a test and you will know if it is spiritual or something else. The first thing that you need to know, is what it is. Again, my prediction is that it will sceech and shrink into nothing in a split second, if it returns in a week or so do it again. Then you may want to start seeking the One that delivered you through reading the Bible and praying to God. If it comes again, scream out Jesus, or Jesus rebuke you and give it some of the terror that it has been giving you. It will not hurt you to try and it will be effective. Let me know what happens. Jitow
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Try using some Cold Iron on it.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
benn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Sounds like the ghost doesn't want you in the house. From what I have read on other posts the best thing could be to ask it to leave you alone in a respectful but commanding tone. Something like "I undestand it has been your house but I live here now and I think its best if we get along as I'm not going anywhere" Or some people believe having the house blessed can help.
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
dont be afraid if you can. Try to haunt the ghost instead of it haunting you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: