You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Possible Possession By Spirit While Intoxicated?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Possession By Spirit While Intoxicated?

 

Before I start I should mention that because drugs were involved in this experience, the story seems to be discredited for anyone I tell it to. Please bear in mind the possibility of dissociative or psychedelic substances making you more vulnerable to strange entities, rather than the whole thing being a delusion or hallucination.

It was my first night in my new bedroom; I live in a Victorian built, shared student house. My flat mates and I swap rooms half way through the tenancy to make it fair. I had moved from a big room upstairs to the little room downstairs, behind the kitchen at the back of the house. I was a bit annoyed to have to move from my big room but accepted it as fair. I decided to have a mini room-warming 'session' taking a little bit of ketamine with a very good friend who I will refer to as 'S'. I understand that to people with no experience of the drug, it seems an incredibly powerful substance, but the truth is we are both quite used to it now and are careful with the dose. A small bit makes us talkative and relaxed, and doing a bit more can make us feel slightly tripped out, but we always know what's going on and have a grasp on reality. For some reason the conversation always turns to the esoteric / mysterious side of life when the two of us are on it - UFOs, crop circles, spirituality, consciousness, ghosts, etc.

On this first night, I had taken a small amount of the powder and had instantly become unrecognizable to S. Apparently I was walking on the spot facing the wall. I was not bumping into the wall, just repetitively nodding towards it. S said he was calling my name repeatedly but I would not respond. He was telling me that maybe I should sit down before I knocked things over, but no response. Eventually when he called out I replied "What?!" in a very cold, harsh manner apparently not like me at all. I have no recollection of this, and S at the time put it down to us both being heavily affected by the drug. He decided not to mention it to me at the time either. We had done ketamine a lot the previous year in my old room and had no strange experiences at all.

Two weeks later a similar, but more dramatic experience happened - the second time doing the drug in that particular room. Instantly after sniffing the second small line of the white powder, my memory went blank for some four hours, (the drug is meant to take about 10 minutes to 'kick in' and is only meant to last half hour to an hour - and even while slightly dissociated, memory loss is not meant to occur) during which time S had a very scary time indeed. Apparently while I was sitting on my bed leaning back against the wall, the lamp on my bedside table which we were using to light the room suddenly went *bang* and the light bulb broke. The split second that that happened, I apparently stood up looking like I was not used to my body and walked to my bedroom door, opened it and peered out and said "It's this again" in a voice unlike my own. The room had been in total darkness after the lamp broke, but only for a couple of seconds before S turned on the main light. I was still standing there looking possessed. This apparently went on for a few minutes. S said he just knew that he was no longer in the room with me, but that some other strange entity (S is an open minded person, but is certainly not superstitious. He is heavily interested in physics and science in general) He said it was an intuitive feeling he had deep down, that he really was no longer in the room with me - only my physical body, just like the time two weeks before. He says he remembers thinking "oh no, not this entity again, how am I going to deal with this?" The very moment S recognized 'me' again and that the possession was over, my memory and lucidity came back in an instant. I was still sat on my bed and looked at S on the opposite side of the room, who looked white as a sheet and was shaking. He cried out "ah it's actually you!" and opened his arms to hug me; just very happy to see his friend back and the weird entity gone, at least from my body. I hugged him back, but didn't quite get what was going on. He then explained in detail what had happened and also told me of the strange event two weeks back and we both became aware of a dark presence in the room. By this time it was about 5am, and we had started the night at about 11pm. By now we were sober and physically quite tired, but still wide awake with fear. I have never seen S so scared - he was shaking and said his heart was pounding. I did think it was all a bit weird and was a bit scared myself, but I was also aware that the drug could have caused a delusion.

I then went outside to take a 'pee' in the drain. (My flat mates work full time and it's really noisy using the toilet upstairs, so didn't want to wake them up, especially at 5 in the morning!) I stood outside in the dark looking at my bedroom window through the blinds. You can always see silhouettes of whoever's in there, but I noticed a massive shadow that did not look like S at all, and with what looked like a top hat on, that was dancing wildly in front of the window. Every time I looked at it I felt a chill go through me to the core of my being, yet when I turned away I had the urge to look back again. I went back in the house and into my room, only to see S sat down on the chair behind the wardrobe. He said he hadn't been moving about loads at all; at the most he might've walked over to the laptop on the bed to change the music, but was certainly not dancing around at the window! I told him what I had seen and we became even more freaked out. At this point a good friend of ours sent me a text message inviting us round. He lives about half hours walk away so I would normally decline his offer, especially at 5am. But we needed to get out of the house. The feeling of a presence seemed to stop after we were half way down my street, walking quickly and not looking back. The next day I looked at the lamp that broke and the metal bit of the bulb that screws in to the lamp had warped and looked twisted out of place. Almost like it had melted. I have never seen a light bulb do that before.

I now have to spend a lot of time at my Mum's house, an hour's drive away, to get some studying done. I am too aware of the dark forces of that room, and while they may not be particularly threatening, the thought of it stops me from being able to concentrate on my work, and I sometimes get very anxious at night before going to sleep. I'm 26 years old and have never before been the nervous type! I have also heard a strange noise while lying in bed (sober, this time) in the dark ready to sleep. I can only describe it as a loud electronic 'twang' like noise that seemed to come from no specific point, but from above and all around the room. This was several hours after my flat mates had gone to bed. I lay there waiting for it to sound again, but of course it didn't. S and I have since tried to record an EVP while walking to the local shop and back; about a ten minute outing. Listening back there is a strange, short and sharp vocal noise, almost sounds like "hahaha" said by a couple of people at once but compacted down into half a second. Apart from that there was nothing. Again, this was a few hours after my flat mates had gone to bed (I have very different sleep - work hours to them.) I don't really want to mess around with any more EVPs as I think it is almost like asking to have these strange forces as part of your reality. One thing is for sure, though - I will not be taking ketamine again, especially not in that room! I do not need any anti-drugs comments reminding me of the dangers.

I am aware that various substances can be dangerous and can cause delusions. However, I believe this drug is dangerous for a different reason. It seems to mess with different levels of reality that we don't understand. S explained to me that we usually have a firm hold of ourselves, but when we let our guard down and are separating the borders of mind and body, these entities (which may always be there but are not visible to us) can take advantage and 'take over'. Another friend suggested the possibility of accidently tapping into parallel universes where you 'swap' places with the entity. If this happened you would likely enter a world that looked very similar to ours. Anyway it is now over a month since the spooky event, and I am still very confused and anxious about being in that room. Please let me know your thoughts, but try to refrain from common sense, anti-drug comments. Thanks in advance.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mysteryspace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

purplepiggie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Not sure if this thing is demonic, but my suggestion since you're not religious is to burn sage in each corner of the room. Trace salt around the room starting on one side of the door, going all the way to the other side of the door but leaving the space in front of the door without salt, then command in a strong voice "get out and never come back". Scream if you have to. Then complete the line of salt from the each side of the door frame so the entire room is closed in. This should help.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Hi;

Interesting questions, and I'll try to answer each one in tern. Sorry, I'm half asleep. Fr. Was testing my daughter before her first holy communion, and I'm beat.

Earth energy, and I'm not exactly sure how that's defined, although compelling, will do nothing at all to halt these assaults. Terminality does matter. They won't respond or retreat, ever, unless rebuked in the correct manner, i.e. Via Our Lord's name, Mary (whom they hate but fear completely), and St. Michael, who still battles them, with success.

They (demons) are all after the same goals: foremost is damnation to Hell, along with them; second and more proximate is: posession. Displays of superhuman strength have occurred more than once, but these symptoms are only one sign is a laundry list of those indicative of posession.

Focusing on the positive in life is always a great idea; however, these things will NOT flee from or even respond to any general positive, unless it's specifically Catholic Holy water, and the names of Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel. Not to mention the sacraments, i.e. Mass, confession, etc.

The more time that passes - the greater the toe hold this vile thing obtains in your life. Supernatural refers only to God. Natural refers to us. Preternatural refers to the angels, i.e. Both the Holy angels and to angelic trash / demons. There are nine choirs of Holy Angels, and therefore, nine choirs of demons. They vary tremendously in both power and intellect. The common denominator is their hatered of God, and also of these stupid and weak creatures He loves so much - us. They can't hurt God, but they try, as much as God allows them, to hurt us.

All angels, i.e. Holy and demonic, are pure spirit and are thereby not bound by natural / human laws. They can attach to either a place or to a person. And, yes, it may follow a particular person, and affect both family and friends. Demons are experts at psycholigical warfare, and often attempt to isolate what I call the focal person, i.e. The one marked for posession. The goal, cleverly, is to have family and friends walk away, as the person relates unbelievable occurances. Thay aren't stupid.

Email me if any more encounters; because there probably will be. Trust me, get that Catholic Holy water. I can't make you go to a Mass, but be ready, and be informed. PS The Devil hates being recognised, just fyi. Keep me posted. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
mysteryspace (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
JimD - I'm not sure quite how strong this thing really is - I mean other reports of posession involve intense takeovers where they have physical strength beyond human capabilities and kick and scream etc. Mine just walked (with difficulty) to my door and opened it saying 'its this again'

With your knowledge of 'demons' - do they occupy a specific place like a house or room, or are they just supernatural beings who can find you anywhere? Is my actual house/room haunted, or is it just something after my soul? You always hear the word 'ghost' being used for something that inhabits a certain place and is the soul of a specific person who died. I thought that in folklore 'demon' meant something sent from hell to capture human souls. Please do let me know which one you believe to be more likely. To be honest it would be a relief to find it's not specific to my home.

I like to think of 'God' as the inter-connectedness of all things in the universe as one. Therefore we are all part of the oneness. And if so then spirits, demons and ghosts are also part of this 'one'. By being positive and concentrating on light, and earth energy (same thing as calling on Jesus, but different terminolgy) you can overwealm dark forces, as I've heard they feed on fear. We should use Love, not fear to conquer the bad forces (i'm sure Jesus would agree) as it is a frequency too poweful for their low-energy darkness. Love everything, even the beings which we have no understanding for in our perception.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Hi;

I understand you're an agnostic. I also understand that vile thing is a demon. How you choose to respond is your call, but Without Catholic Holy water (available in fonts at the back of Catholic churches) and use of those three names, it won't back off. Try it and watch their reaction. Sometimes, if you act as if you have faith, faith will be given to you. Be careful - this infestation seems strong. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
mysteryspace (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Emma-M - funny you should mention sleep paralysis actually as I had a very intense s.p dream when I had gone back to my Mum's house, about a week after the second weird k experience / possession happened. I dreamt I was in a room where forces of 'evil' were coming through the window at me, and in my dream I knew it was a spirit trying to possess me and fought with all my strength to resist it, shouting "oh you f**king c**t, get off me!" and then had the typical paralysis bit for a short while as I tried to move and wake up. In the end I managed to wake myself up shouting the words "Just go! Go! Goooooo!"

I put that down to the spooky event a week before being on my mind a lot, and perhaps eating food before bed which I heard can trigger it. But otherwise it could mean something really is trying to 'get' me! Scary 😨
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Also, I remember at my cousin's wedding I had had a bit to drink. But I was also driniking plenty of water and eating loads. All I can remember is talking to people and eating my dinner. I also went out for a few smokes (cigarettes). For about an hour and a half of the wedding I remember nothing. According to my parents I was acting like a wild thing - shouting and screaming. The only thing I remember is crying all the way home and not knowing why. I even went to bed sober and didn't wake with a hang-over. From what my Mum told me, the way I was acting was completely out-of character and I felt so ashamed and depressed I could behave this way. Even to this day, I can't remember what happened and still believe I was possessed. I wasn't drunk as I didn't have that much and can normally handle licour even on an empty stomach. Again I think thisd "thing" took advantage of me but I have no idea how.
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Hi

Yes, I even think taking any kind of substance can change personality and make you wide open from attacks from the Spiritual world. I mean just think if you were out and about in every day life and let your defenses slip, you are more at risk from a human attack - being mugged etc. I never believed in ghosts before I had a few "Sleep Paralysis" experiences (you can read my story Unwanted company at Night". I have also read articles that even too much caffeine can cause you to see "visions". Although people say Sleep Paralysis is a purely medical phenomena, I now beg to differ. The feeling of fear I get is v real. I have noticed the sleep paralysis always happens after a week end of drinking. It could be a warning sign from the spirit world that I am harming my health even though I am quite a health-conscious person and I haven't taken any mind-altering drugs. I am also open-minded but didn't believe in Hocus-Pocus. But considering some bad luck I have had, I am beginning to wonder...
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Dear Mystery,

Some times when my ex-husband would be drunk he would act as if he was possessed. His voice would drop and he was creepy. It could be that he was just messing with me but I'm not really sure. I don't think that it would hurt for you to pray to God for protection and ask Him to put a helmet of salvation around your mind. Read some Bible verse out loud. I like John 3:16-17, John 14:6, Hebrews 4:16,Philippians 2:2-11, Romans 8:26-39, Colossians 2:15,and Zephaniah 3:17. Do this before you go to bed. I know that you said that maybe you are gnostic or agnostic so just try this advise and see if it works. 😊 ❤ 😊
mysteryspace (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
JimD - Thankyou for your comment. Unfortunately I'm not religious (although I am not athiest either!) I do believe in some form of creator but not in a christian/muslim/jewish, etc sense. More of a spiritual agnostic or gnostic if you had to pin me down! So not sure if it would work to say the name of Jesus and use catholic holy water (for a start I wouldn't know where to find such a thing) because it's not my faith. But then again if there is a God I guess (s) he wouldn't discriminate against us for our beliefs! Would you say it matters whether or not we are christian when seeking help in the form of that paradigm of faith?
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Hi;

It was a demon. The use of the drug merely facilitated what we term transcient posession. It's goal is posession. Seeing glimpses of dark shadows, or full dark shadows, is common in the infestation stage of demonic assault. Get and liberally use a lot of Catholic Holy water, especially at night, and in the most affected room. Also, next time, try and say the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel. If it won't permit this out loud, say them in your mind.

If Catholic, attend Mass, confession, and the other sacraments - often. It's goal is always the same - posession. God bless you and keep me posted. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
mysteryspace (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Fashionista777 - 2 out of 2 times (2 weeks apart) we took it in that room, this happened. However, it is an anaesthetic/psychedelic with strong dissociative effects (at high doses, mind) so you could be right. Never did go totally over the top on it in the past though - I just meant that it never felt like that until I moved into new bedroom. And exactly the same for S who took same stuff and same amount as me but was pretty close to sober so don't think it was dodgy stuff.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Mysteryspace, is it possible that the drug was laced with something? I've never heard of ketamine before, so I don't know what it does, but I DO know that drugs like PCP and sherm can cause you to have "black outs," heart palpitations, and anxiety attacks. Since you've taken this drug on a regular basis in the past, you know what it's supposed to feel like, and if it felt different than usual, there's a good chance someone sold you some bad stuff.
Lena2, that's a good point you raised about drugs or alcohol affecting your insight or intuition about spirits. In a story I'm going to post, a few years back, while at a bar in Long Beach, I witnessed an ashtray slide down the bar numerous times. But because I was drunk at the time, I probably wouldn't even have remembered it had a perfect stranger not said something to me to take notice of what was happening.
mysteryspace (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Forgot to mention - I read on this site somewhere that building work in a house can trigger / disturb dormant paranormal entities. Our house was in the process of major changes - moving the bathroom upstairs to make a new bedroom (directly above my room) and putting a new doorway in a wall to turn what was an on-suite toilet for a bedroom into a communal one. Anyone know more about this idea?

[at] Pjod - that sounds quite similar - except I didn't quite come face to face with the entity, rather it 'became' me.

Thinking about it I have strange, vague memories of looking up to the light when it broke and some 3rd person being in the room whom I tried to ask what had happened with the light. Except I remember it being the main light, not the small bedside lamp that broke, and I was looking up at it. Almost as if at the beginning of the 'takeover' I was just a floating consciousness but didn't realise, and saw my body (posessed) and thought it was a seperate person. Who knows! After that the memory is blank until S recognised me.

After the 1st time I have memories of walking upstairs in my house to use the toilet, but finding that everything lookedd weirdly different - for example the banisters looked wider (like in a posh hotel) and the stair case seemed to go on forever. When I reached the bathroom it looked totally different. But this may just have been a delusional head trip where I thought I was walking upstairs when really I was sat down. I have no idea. But if not it backs up the theory of slipping into parallel dimensions - everything looks similar, but eerily different!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
no doubt you left yourself open while under the influence. Many people have had experiences like this while using psychedelics... Goes back hundreds, even thousands of years. What with mushrooms, peyote and the like... Tribal elders have longed counciled the deceased through the use of such substances, before making major decisions that affect their tribes. From the Aztecs, Mayans-- up to the Native Americans. I knew a guy who, under the same substance as your story, found himself face to face with an entity creature. He seemed to have disturbed this strange looking creature, as the creature seemed to be meditating. Same room in the house, but a totally different dimension. Guy was so fascinated with the experience, he tried it again. Same room. He found himself again, meeting the same strange creature, looking again annoyed at this guy, the creature yelled at him, in what he thought to be a dozen diff strange languages, until english broke through, saying, "Leave here and never return again!" It would be the last time he messed with that substance.
strangequark (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
WolfDaughter78: that was definitely what both of us felt- you summed it up well. The scale of disconnection from what we perceive as a baseline reality could leave you vulnerable. It was eerily similar, from my side, to what I have heard about posession. Whether it was or not cannot be answered in a normal way, only what we felt. I know my friend. That was not my friend.
WolfDaughter78 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
when demons take over, they often beat the heck out of their victims. Know why? Because two souls cannot inhabit a body at the same time. People with past possession experience often say they are in a black void. I believe their soul gets supressed and pushed out for a time for the other to take over. I believe that is what happened with you. Taking those drugs just allowed your body to be physically weak enough to accept it. Which is why sane normal people will fight it. When the mind is that altered, you will not fight because you aren't aware it's going on.
strangequark (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
I was the other friend "S" who was quite shaken up by the whole event. I'm not at all quick to judge things in a paranormal light. It was the fact this happened twice that got me talking to him.

The first time I had a particular gut feeling as I saw my friend suddenly not be himself at all while he stood up staring at the wall, moving like he was not used to his body. I thought it very strange, I was quite spooked since I have experienced very weird things on hallucinogens but not like this. I put it to the back of my mind.

The second time it was pretty normal but then the light bulb blew (The glass blew out of the metal base, held on a bit my a strand of tungsten) and I had exactly the same gut feeling as everything went very strange, as MysterySpace detailed.

We discussed the situation with several of our friends and they have all experienced, first hand, similar situations to varying degrees.

I am not bending any truths here, I am merely conveying my experience, as I did with my friend. I am not saying one thing or the other; both of us are merely adding to the body of knowledge the internet allows. Posting to a ghost forum is adding possbilities that other people may not have considered.

And while we use terms like skitsofrenic [sic] or schizophrenia- We have literally no idea what is going on. This is not saying these things don't affect people, I'm just saying that its a model we have created. We can make a model of cause and effect- we know that if you drop a ball the chances are it will fall to the ground. However, its only a model and we don't actually know the processes involved since we cannot truely observe nature. Similarly, we know that if you put a drug into the system we can model an effect it will have but what is creating that effect? Well, if you extrapolate beyond the initial observation of the change then that is based on ones own beliefs. If you feel its purely chemical and electrical signals scrambled then you can put it down to those changes. If you believe that there is more going on then it opens up vast areas that could potentially be even more dangerous to mess around with.

To completely discredit the experience because psychedelics were involved is up to the reader. However, what I'm trying to say that we are locked within our perception, we can only understand things that fall within that. Beyond that is incomprehensible to us. So take this experience as

A) a possability that drugs do touch on realms that are way beyond what we are able to comprehend

B) something to be cautious about

Bit long but thanks for reading.

Strange-Quark
mysteryspace (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
by the way I probably should've put this in the 'demons, possessions, exorcisms' category but I guiess it's too late to change it.

Also, forgot to mention - S was a lot less intoxicated than I was. He was sober enough to witness and remember the spooky events with clarity. Although we took the same amount I was the only one who suffered the extreme memory blank.

I think I should work on making the room into a positive atmosphere again. Any tips on how to do this? Would certain insences be useful? Candles? Do certain styles of music encourage the paranormal? We usually listen to quite dark electronic stuff like psy-trance or dubstep. Maybe we should play more positive sounds? I hope experimenting with sigil magick a couple of years back hasn't opened me to such entities. Please keep the comments coming, I am still confused by the whole thing! Cheers
mysteryspace (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Thanks for the comments, guys.
[at] DeviousAngel - believe me, I did consider that I had just gone a bit 'insane' and had a psychotic episode (no history of this kind of thing though) and me and S have tried to rationalise it over and over but it's all too weird with the light bulb breaking at the exact moment 'I' or 'It' stood up. If I had been on my own I would think of it as nothing more than a 'trip' but it is S's experience of what he saw me do combined with the memory loss - and the fact that now, looking back my memory comes back at the point S recognised me again.

[at] zzsgranny - good point but I can't quite bring myself to tell the flatmates! It's not that we don't get on, I just don't want them to think I'm a nutjob;) don't want to make living with them awkward in any way. Not sure they'd believe such things anyway. One is very christian while the one who used to have my room is very athiest - so both stubborn with their perception of the world. Also I don't want them to get worried about the house being haunted when there's a chance that that isn't even the case!

I have also considered the possibility of a hidden or repressed aspect to myself coming out but it does not explain all the events of that night as well as a paranormal explanation. I only use the word 'possession' for want of a better word. I am not particulary religious or superstitious. I am open to various possibilities and see science and religion as both having something to offer but neither have all the answers.
I like the idea of 'sudden spike in electromagnetic energy in the atmosphere.' causing the bulb to break. But I guess we shall never know. It is purely based on subjective experience, I can only go on what I felt and what S said he saw - by the way I do trust him he's one of my best mates!

Lena2 - that is usually the assumption (especially by those who have never ventured down the metaphysical rabbit hole with this mysterious molecule!) but we really do not abuse it. Twice in a month is not bad - we are all too aware of the dangers of abusing substances. We are occasional k users who take it because we are fascinated in the human mind and our sense of reality being challenged and are not on a self-destructive path like many drug users. I actually love life!
As for 'blocking out' intuition of the paranormal on drugs, maybe it depends on the substance. Alcohol and other drugs that lower inhibition (most stimulants) probably do shut any knwledge of that realm away because your too busy having a good time! But psychedelics or dissociatives can be more thought provoking and 'deep' - meaning they are often not really very sociable but are still deeply fascinating!

The problem is I still feel a dark presence in that room whenever I go back, but of course that could be fabricated by the knowledge of what happened. A freind suggested using the ouija board but there is no way I am going to tamper with reality any more than I have done! I think it can be very dangerous unless done by an expert
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
I commented on a story a few months ago about how when I was a crazy teen-ager doing illegal "things", my paranormal experiences seemed to become non-existant...Had them before as a child, and after stopping the drugs...But, everyone reacts differently to every foreign substance... Even drugs as simple as aspirin... And so your reaction compared to your friend's would differ, even though you took the same amount...So, one one hand, maybe some people become more open to the spiritual realm, while others block it out, as Lena2 mentioned...

I think you should follow your own advice and not do that again...

What have your other house mates said after taking their turn in the room?...Maybe talk to them and ask if anything weird has happened to any of them...
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
Mysteryspace, I tend to agree with your theorising that narcotics do open you up to a certain spirit dimension, or makes you vulnerable and sensitive to those other realms of reality. I myself have not experimented with drugs, but I am somewhat psychically sensitive, and I feel the difference in atmosphere with my consciousness when I am near anyone who has taken any type of narcotics, in any method. I feel the presence of spirits often then, and a chilly sense, besides my body reacting in different ways, like little 'icy burning' sensations in my joints. Where some buildings have been used by addicts for their intake, they often, usually have some degree of spirit infestation. I had a friend stay in my apartment, and he did out of body travels, and he felt sure that the next door apartment was haunted with evil beings, and I intuitively agreed with him, because I sense the atmosphere too. It was occupied by some drug taking persons. The building has been cleared of such presences, the aforesaid occupants moved out long ago, and I sense it is normal when the door is open, being rented by a friend as a storage space.
Lena2 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
I also want to mention that after my experience with the paranormal (my story hasn't been accepted yet) I spoke with many different people to get different perspectives and one particular woman who is a well known psychic mentioned that people who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol actually "block out" most of their intuition in regards to the paranormal. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
DerEngelMetzger (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
Hmmm interesting. Well maybe the ketamine was cut with something else that caused that reaction and the subsequent trip that lasted 4 hours haha but how did your friend react to it? Normally? I do believe that the state of intoxication could leave you open for paranormal phenomena or to see things you normally wouldn't be able to see. As for the schizophrenia idea posed by devious angel sometimes the long term use of hallucinatory narcotics can trigger adult onset of schizophrenia but usually schizophrenic indivdiuals act anxious or 'not themeselves' because they hear voices in thier heads that cause them a great amount of frustration and their hallucinations are very real to them as in they do not question what they are seeing. Now the 'hidden personality' is more likely a plausible explanation but it still doesn't explain the dancing shadow in the window.

Could you possibly have been sleep deprived? Sleep deprivation can cause hallucinations; visual, auditory, and sensory. You shouldn't be anxious though even if it is an entity as opposed to a hallucination it doesn't seem to be threatening you. Try to meditate or just let yourself become relaxed in the room try to become comfortable in your surroundings and see what happens.
😁 ❤
Lena2 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
People who abuse Ketamine can become skitsofrenic... Unfortunately because you were stoned your story can't be taken seriously. I feel a lot of people will try and bend truths to fit their beliefs.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
I agree with you, mysteryspace, that it's very possible that when we experience heightened levels of awareness that we leave ourselves open to spiritual intrusion. Since we cannot measure, pinpoint, explain or prove anything beyond our own reality, the possibilities are infinite as to what this might have been. I am certainly interested in the concept of parallel universes however. String theory, quantum physics... All of that could be very relevant to the understanding of paranormal happenings.

I don't know if you were necessarily possessed, but it's possible that using the drug unlocked another personality within you. The symptoms you exhibited sounds a lot like the ones people experience when they have episodes of schizophrenia. I'm not saying you're schizo, but the "hidden personality" thing might be an explanation. That event may have also made you more spiritually open, which is why you have seen this entity off and on. The light bulb thing could have been either a coincidence (power surges do that to light bulbs, I've seen that myself before) or it could have been a sudden spike in electromagnetic energy in the atmosphere.

Anyone else have thoughts?
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
i have noticed that when someone takes a mind altering drug they see ghost and it may be possible it is real maybe weakening the mind's hold of reality ghost become easier to see.

Kinda like the physic people they seem to have a very open mind or it could just be a hallucation you knows?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: