You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Place

Real Ghost Stories

My First Place

 

My experiences I think are just minor. But what does happen is freaky. The first time I experienced something was when I was in the shower. The shower curtain moved, which was normal but then the curtain would move like away from the wall and it would leave a gap as if someone moved it so the water would leave my shower. Than I'd feel like the door open cause I would get this rush of freezing air. It stopped for a while then started again when I lost my job. But this time it was more intense. I'd hear the door open even though I knew it was locked. I'd feel the cold air but the window would be closed. Than my water would get so cold that I'd have to leave my shower. After that experience id only take a shower when my boyfriend was home. After a while it died down, than one night I was up late and as I turned the TV off in my bedroom, I saw this black, almost like hole, right at the corner of my couch. I woke my boyfriend and when we looked it was gone. Things were quite for a while.

Now when I'm home by myself as my boyfriends at work I hear this noise in my kitchen coming from my sink. But as I get closer it stops. Ever since we moved in here, I have heard this beeping like a watch going off. I'm the only one that hears it. I have torn the chairs and couches apart and found no watch. It's freaky but I have never had anything else happen. I'm too scared to confront anything, to call something out. I mean it just could be a logical explanation for what's going on. But I'm not taking a chance to call out something even if nothing is there and take the chance of calling out something that's worse. I get these chills, my apartment is always cold. But everything stops when my boyfriend gets home. I almost don't want to be here when he's not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashlie47, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Cold spots are one the most common forms of paranormal manifestations. These occur when an entity draws the warmth from the air to use that energy to take form. You say that the activity stopped for awhile, but started again after you lost your job. I'm going to make an assumption that after losing your job, you were likely under a lot of stress. Stress can bleed off into the environment, and provide an energy source for spirits to use to manifest. When your boyfriend is home, your anxiety level likely drops considerably, making it more difficult for a spirit to feed off of your stress.
I love Scoops suggestion about the digital recorder. You can set them to be sound activated, so that it will only record when there is something to record. Leave it in the living room with the sound activate function on while your boyfriend is at work. Listen to it while he is home, so if you hear anything spooky, you can have someone to talk to about it.
Blessed Be.
Scoops (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
I also have had a few minor explainable experiences but yours seem more likely of something unique.

Know you are not crazy. I'm a logical person at heart and always strive to get empirical data so my suggestions are as follows:

1) Have a digital recorder handy. When you hear the beeping noise, hit record and see if the recorder picks it up.

2) Confide in your boyfriend.

3) Take some digital photos of your sink area, bathroom, etc. You never know what you'll find.

Hang in there. So far, whatever you are experiencing it doesn't seem like it wants to cause you harm. I think, if I had to guess, that if you do indeed have an entity, that it just wants some attention.

Good luck and try not to be too scared. Keep us posted.
CelinaCyanide (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
What ever it is, it's an evil entity. You need to talk to your boyfriend about all of this, if you already haven't, and figure out a way for it to leave you alone. Have you ever had experiences with the paranormal before?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: