You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Kitchen Hazzard

Real Ghost Stories

Kitchen Hazzard

 

A few years ago, in London Ontario, Canada, I was visiting my brother and sister-in-law's apartment to spend some time with my family. Nothing unusual had ever really happened to me before in the house. So, as my sister-in-law was filling up the dishwasher in the kitchen at around 5:00pm, and I was there talking to her, she bent over to place in one of her sharp kitchen knives with the blade down. She had straightened herself up afterwards - still facing the dishwasher - when something happened that shocked everyone in the room. The knife suddenly flew upwards and flashed past my sister-in-law's face, missing it by inches. The scary part, however, is that the blade was facing her, when she had so carefully placed it in the dishwasher with the blade facing downwards.

It landed on the ground at my feet, leaving everyone in shocked silence. The lights suddenly turned off. I had no idea what was going on. My nephew, her son, was two years old at the time. He was crying his eyes out when this happened. Suddenly the lights turned back on again. When I saw my sister-in-law's face, she was extremely pale, and began to stagger slightly. She looked like she was going to be sick. My nephew was screaming, "Mama! MAMA!" and she didn't answer. Seeing that she looked like she was about to faint, my brother grabbed hold of her and took her into the living room.

After a couple of hours and a lot of ice on her forehead, she was "back to normal", but had a strong throbbing headache. My sister-in-law has always believed in the paranormal, and had claimed to have felt presences in the house before. From then on, every little sound or creak we heard got us all paranoid. I have never really believed in ghosts, but I was relieved the day they moved out of that apartment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angana (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
oh thanks for your concern guys! It was really scary at the time, but nothing like that has ever happened again and I'm very grateful! ❤
secrets (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
pendragon that would create more negative energy and attract more ghosts or other things
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Wow lucky escape! Glad to hear she moved out and got away from hospital and death! One of my friends had the same experience and all week we stayed at her house to watch on her because her parents were workign 24 hours no break. And I also agree with Sar-osity I would swear my mouth off just to force that ghost out of the house.

God Bless ❤
gadget (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Man, I have had dangerous things like that happen before, and there is nothing scarier than when unseen 'things' start chucking sharp kitchen utensils around. Your sister in law is very lucky! It's good to hear that they got out of there. 😊
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
I agree with Sar-osity. I would be yelling and swearing at that ghost to get out of my house, or there would be one very, VERY butt-hurt ghost running around. Drastic measures WOULD be taken. Maybe.

Of course, I would have fainted first. But then I would TOTALLY do what I said above. Yep. 🤔

Good thing she moved though. Nothing has happened since?

Penny ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
That was pretty crazy. I would have been just as shocked and scared as your sister-in-law. Thank goodness whatever it was that flung the knife out of the dishwasher missed her and everyone else in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊 ❤
Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
I would probably immediately tell it to get out of my house if a ghost threw a knife at me. I wouldn't tolerate it at all.

-Sar-osity. ❤
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
OH MY GOSH she was " " like that close from going to the hospital! If that happened to me I would scream my head off and throw the knife away!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: