You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Deceased Boxer Dog

Real Ghost Stories

My Deceased Boxer Dog

 

When I was 10 my family rescued a young boxer pup from a horrible family who was not looking after him. He was skinny, losing hair, and had mites. He was in a pretty bad condition. He would have died an early death if he had stayed there. The owners didn't even care when we said that we would take him. They were glad to be rid of him.

His name was rocky, and we loved him immensely for 10 years, before he died of old age. This dog was amazing, and helped me through my tough teenage years. He could always tell when I was sad. He would put his paw on my lap, and give me kisses. He was such a dope too. I have never loved an animal so much.

Late 2008 we had to put him down because he was in such a bad way. He would barely walk by the end of his life. It was the most horrible decision we had to make.

After he died... Over the next few weeks... I swear I saw him. I would lie in bed and stare into the darkness, thinking. And there he was. Not bright as day, but I saw his shadow moving against the darkness. The shape of his silly head would be imprinted against the darkness, next to my bed, as though he were watching me, wanting to hop up and cuddle. He was a very large dog, and it's hard to explain what I saw.

A shadow against the night, walking around my room.

Has anyone else had this with animals?

Other hauntings by rottenyouth

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rottenyouth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
I'm also Catholic and I know without question that dogs have souls and can come back as spirits. My mother raised pedigree Great Danes, I've always had dogs living with me and my family. The only time I didn't was when I was in the service and then I would help out at the shelter in my spare time. My dogs have come back and visited plenty of times and I've always recognized it as such. I can't believe anyone could ever think differently. Enjoy those visits when they happen, the dog does so why shouldn't you?
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Rottenyouth, I wanted also to say: I'm very sorry for your lost. With me, I cried and cried about my dogs. In a way I think That's also the reason for my experiences with my dogs I couldn't let go. Good luck and take care. ❤
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Hi Rottenyouth, yes it is true. Animals do have souls and spirits. I had an experience with" Neelsie "my little dog who died a view years back, and also my spaniel "Tessa" who died in January this year. I think I will write the story and send it in. I believe you. Take care. ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
there you go penny see gruntmen animals do have spirits no matter what religious you are and I do believe animals dogs and cats have spirits if not how do they breath and stuff huh I know god made animals and stuff... Rottenyouth you are lucky to find rocky as a pup by a aburser that you save rocky and he love you that why you save him and keep him alive for along time until his time came that angel get him to bring him home but yes spirits do come and visit just like my dad who died in 1990 since last year he came in my bedroom cause I smell ciggarette and no I am not fooling around I don't smoke and my house don't allow smoke. So rottenyouth you are a good person to care about rocky I am glad that he stay with you until his time came.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Animals do have spirts people are wrong about them not have spirts if not spirts then how can they cry and have feeling I had seen animals hurt so badly that is stupid what say about dog don't have spirits well I am baptist but I do believe it animals and humans do have spirits so, so rottenyouth I am sure it's your beautitful that came and tell you that he is alright and I don't know why people say such things that animal's don't have spirits someone is wrong cause I see and hear them cry by a abuse by any abuser owner or whatever hurt the animals really I love animals and I am happy that you have your dog come and tell you that he is okay and love you and know you are feeling missing him.
Finen60 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Rotten, I had something very similiar after we had to put down our Lab, Sunny. She was 14 years old and failing. She would always walk across the ceramic kitchen floor and the hardwood floors and you could hear her nails clicking on the floor. About two months after she passed I was in another room and heard her nails clicking on the floor. It sounded like she was coming into the living room from the kitchen. I have had this happen several times and the sound is exactly the same as when she was with us. I think it is comforting to know that she is still here.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Rotten: I've had to put down two of our dogs, and one died in my lap... It is a very hard decision to make, as they are part of the family... All three of them visit from time to time... Bart was a SharPei, and they have a very distinctive smell... Bailey was a Maltese, we had him for 14 years, I trip over him sometimes like I did when he was with us... Gertie was also a Maltese, and she would snuggle so close to me at bed time, I would end up on the edge of the bed, still happens sometimes!...

BadJuuJuu's right, love lingers for a long long time! 😆 ❤ 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Rotten,
I know what you're talking about. I believe that animals do in fact return from time to time. It's their way of trying to ease our loneliness and say "I'm ok, you can stop worrying over me." Sometimes, an animal companion who has crossed over will act as our guardian in this life. Love lives on.
All things have spirits. All living things have souls as well as spirits. We will share the Otherworld with animals, as friends and companions.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Sorry or stealing your page, for a second, rottenyouth.

Grunt, my father's side is very catholic, and they all believe that animals have spirits. In FACT, it was my super conservative, super catholic, super french great grandmother that was the first one to tell me that, when animals die, they go up to God as well, because God loves all creatures, big and small, and made them all in his image. And because he made them all in his image, they all go home to him, in a spirit form, and that, sometimes, if you've been a good child, God will send your pet's spirit back every now and then to watch over you. Not everything that comes back from beyond the grave is a Demon, either, and I dislike that that is almost every religious persons stand point on here about shadow-spirits and animal spirits.

So I stand 100% by what I said before - animals have spirits, souls, and can come back to love and visit us, and mine have as well, even though I'm more agnostic than catholic these days.

PS - I think there needs to be a chat box put in this site so I can stop getting mad at people on other peoples stories. Some of these things said irk me. Again, Rotten, I'm sorry for stealing your page in my plight against single-mindedness. 😢 Like I said, it bothers me. And I'm sorry for everyone having to read my rant.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
awwww my dog p.j died in 2008 too. It sucks when our closest companions leave. I feel the same way and your Rocky was probly there saying he was fine and loved you very much, Katherine.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
I'm sorry for your loss, I feel your pain.

I've had a couple things that are similar, though no shadows of deceased pets. My two cats that I have will start making that odd clicking/chirruping sound at thin air, and then start playing withm, seemingly a third, unseen cat. My previous cat died accidentally, and I think that that is who my cats are playing with.

Another account is at my dad's house. I'll catch his Beagle pup staring down the hallway, ears perked, as if listening or watching something down the hallway, when there's nothing there. On occasion, I've heard dog tags jingling when my dad's pup is out of the house. My dad had to put down his 15 year old beagle last October. It was hard on all of us. But now, I think our pup sees her, and I think I've heard her. It's kind of calming.

Penny ❤
gruntman (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
No I have never seen anything like this before. All I can say is maybe your seeing things, I'm not trying to offend you, but rocky recently died when you started to see this shadow thing. I myself am Catholic so I don't believe animals have spirits, only human beings, so my best guess would be your seeing things since you so loved rocky, you maybe wishing he was around still or wish he was alive. My second guess would be a Demon, but personally I don't think it is. Demon are leaning more for harassing people to the extreme. So as long as this shadow your seeing doesn't hurt you its probably just your mind playing games.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: