You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man And The Toy

Real Ghost Stories

The Man And The Toy

 

I have a few stories to tell. I'll start with my earliest encounter. I was around 3 years old when I moved with my mum, step-dad and our dog Tory into a housing block near the hospital where they use to work. They worked in Garrawarra Hospital, Australia now a little history on the location. It was used to house TB patients who use to look after themselves but has since been turned into a home for the elderly. My parents use to work with the elderly so we were forced to move into a house close by. The house we lived in were those of the TB patients. A few things happened in this houses. Now seen as I was so young I don't remember any of this but my mum has told me the stories over and over.

The whole time we lived there from when I was 3 to 4 ½. I would wake at the same time every night and point my torch out the window. I would then call for my mum and dad who would ask me what was wrong. Each time I told them about the old man outside my window I would describe him as being old with grey hair and a beard. I was not the only person who saw this old man. A family friend of ours let's call him Shane stayed with his now wife girlfriend at the time who we will call Carly in my room. He came bolting out of the room screaming about an old man the window. When asked what he saw he said that the guy was old maybe 60 and he was looking in the window. He had grey hair and a long beard he wore what looked to be a white button shirt and blue overalls he looked like he had been working in a garden.

The next thing that happened was only witnessed by my mum and the dog. One night my step-dad was taking me to my Nan and Pops in Springwood in the Blue Mountains Australia while mum stayed alone in the house. My mum had just climbed into the bed the dog lying on the end of the bed asleep when all of a sudden one of my toys started by its self. Mum grabbed the dog and pulled the dog down the hall with her to the kitchen where the toy was. Mum pulled the batteries out of the toy thinking that would shut it up. She was wrong. The toy kept going without the batteries so mum picked it up and through it across the room where it broke before finally going quite.

Anyone who has lived in or worked at or even visited Garrawarra knows it is haunted but I guess after time you get to know the ghosts like this one particular old lady ghost that seems to like me.

Other hauntings by Bump

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bump, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bump (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
I don't think so they never done harm they were curious. The only other people to live in our house were the TB patients that owned it.
hatethatiloveyou1322 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
maybe theyr trying to scare you out of the house. Id be sooooo scaredd if I lived there 😨
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
wow that would scare me to death!...but I love going to haunted places because I want to see a ghost 😲
Bump (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
Yeah I've always felt that the old man meant no harm that he was just looking in at his hour curious to know who is there. The toy that was playing by it's self it was one where you had to press the button to get it to talk. It was like a board with farm animals and there sounds. So even if it did have secondary batteries it still shouldn't have played until the buttons where pressed.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Sounds like an interesting place yall used to live in. The old man may have been curious about the people living in the house. The toy, well, I read somewhere that toy manufacturers put in a sort of secondary battery, that acts as a back up when the regular batteries die. Sometimes the secondary battery will kick in and start the toy going, or keep it going when the regular batteries are removed. I've never torn apart any old toys to see if that's true though. It's just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: