You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralyzed & Scared

Real Ghost Stories

Paralyzed & Scared

 

II am 24 year old, I just want an understanding of it all, and it's been in the back of my mind ever since it happened. This happened two years ago, when I went to my partner's parent¡¯s house to meet them for the first time. We were in bed together sleeping, I had a dream, which started very tribal like, with bonfires and dancing, I was with a group people, and I didn't know any of them. We were frightened and running away from something unknown, trying to find shelter or a place to evade this thing, we came across an abandon house. There was this room I walked passed inside the house, I stopped to look in because there was light coming from a fire gleaming out the doorway. It looked like a bathroom, very dirty and run down, my grandma (which had a stroke awhile back, paralyzed left side of her body and now living in a nursing home) was kneeled down muttering words in front of the fire and I went up to her because I couldn't make out what she was saying, she looked up at me and her face began to dissolve into black, her mouth opened up and jumped at me.

I thought I have woken up because I was in the room with my partner. I wanted to move closer and cuddle for some confront, but I realize I couldn't move I was paralyzed. I looked down at my toes because I felt something crawling up my body and I saw this creature from my dream, face black and glistening in the moonlight had either multiple tentacles or tongues coming out from its mouth, I couldn't tell it was dark.

I remember using my willpower telling my arms to move, saying over and over in my head move please move then finally my arms and hands were free, using hands I kept pushing the creatures head down preventing from reaching my face.

I panicked, I tried screaming for help because I saw my partner lying there still sleeping, not noticing anything that was going on but I kept struggling to talk, my throat felt constrained I had trouble making any speech. I saw my partner turn over telling me to shut up because I erratically woke up my partner and he may have thought I was playing a prank. I told my partner what happen. My partner didn't say anything to me instead got off the bed went and turned on the light, crawled back in and said I had a dream also I was being attacked as well, by a shadowed figure. So we pretty much slept with the light on, but nothing happen for the rest of the week we were there. The location was in Sarnia, Ontario, I know there is a native reserve nearby, and could there be a connection?

Please let me know what you think, and this isn't the first time I woken up paralyzed with entities in the room with me and not able to move or talk, or is it just multiple cases of sleep paralysis, because I find comfort in that knowing it¡¯s not real, but I am an Asian decent, and when something like that happens to you we call it gu¨" y¨¡ chu¨¢ng which translate into "ghost pressing on body".

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sykai, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

braveheart108 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
hi sykai! I have had an almost identical experience... Except it wasn't exactly linked to a dream as such. I too was very afraid and did research on this whole sleep paralysis topic until I found one site which probably answered my questions best. It was some spiritual website explaining that these could be ghosts. If you were sleeping on your back (Like I was at the time of the attack) that apparently makes you the most vulnerable when you do sleep. Since my "attack" as I call it happened 2 years ago... I have avoided sleeping on my back... And it has never happened again.
Im just not too sure if sleep paralysis can occur when you're wide awake (as in you can see etc and think) but not move/speak. This brings me to my next point- your idea of willpower was the right way to go about this. When I got attacked... Since I culdn't fight this creature which was crawling up my body I began fighting it with my mind. Since I have a really strong faith in god, that helped me very quickly.

But don't get too worried about it. It can happen to anyone... It does imprint on people in some ways... But that's life. There are spirits always around us... Some good and some bad. Their vicitms are the weak ones. So be strong... And beat em'all:)
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Hi;

I hate to be in the minority, but the symptoms, for both persons, sound demonic. I recommend liberal use of Catholic Holy water, especially at night. The names of Jesus and Mary also help a lot. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Cthulu! Lol j/k the monster you described sounds a lot like Cthulu, although Cthulu was a giant, and he is fiction (HP Lovecraft FTW!). This whole experience of yours was a dream right? Have you ever heard of Night terrors? Http://www.nightterrors.org/ There is some info on Night terrors, anyways When I was young I had night terrors quite often. The only way I can describe a night terror is that you are awake but you are dreaming, You can walk around and see what is going on, but you also see things that aren't there. My parents told me many stories about my night terrors, I had one night terror over and over again, where I would wake up and get out of bed only to find that someone had strapped a bomb to my chest, I would run around my house screaming and run to the comfort of my parents and although they were trying to calm me down I could not hear what they were saying. It is possible that you had a night terror, they happen sometimes when you are in a new bed or a new room.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Sykai--Really awful nightmare you describe, and I'm sure the ones in the past were ugly and threatening too.
I go with Pendragon on this as well. Outside pressures and internalized stress often take the sleep paralysis route of expression. Imagery is often easy to figure out, as to what areas of your life they represent.
You can take some comfort in knowing your own will power still is sufficient to protect yourself. It might need to be used a little more in the waking world to stop people from imposing too much upon you.
Pain and fear exist only to tell us that something is wrong and needs to be fixed, right?
All the best ~ James
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Sykai - I'm glad I could help, and I'm glad that you are less scared. I could be wrong, but I was going off the fact that you have a history of this happening. Just remain calm and close your eyes the next time it happens, and maybe count to ten. I'm sure if you asked a doctor about it, they could point you in the direction of a hormone balancer or something that would help to eliminate the problem.

Penny ❤
Sykai (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Thank you so much Penny, really help understand it more and less scared.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
It sounds like classic sleep paralysis. On the main page of this site, there is a wonderful, and very informative article on sleep paralysis. It states that there is a hormone that the brain secreets during sleep to "paralyze" the body, to keep one from moving in their sleep while they are dreaming, which could cause harm to oneself and to others.

Sometimes, while waking up from a deeper portion of your sleep cycle, it could take longer for the hormone to wear off, and your brain may wake up faster than it should. There are a few brief moments of paralysis where the hormone continues to stop you from moving your arms and legs, but this actually fades quickly.

While your brain is trying to get rid of the hormone, your body continues to dream a bit, or makes you hallucinate. This could be what is happening, seeing as the creature from the dream you had been having manifested it into the room with you. The fact that this has happened many times before leads me to think you are just suffering from sleep paralysis, and not a ghostly attack.

Here is the link for the article: http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-articles/sleep-paralysis.php

Hope this helps!
Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: