You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demon Or Casper The Friendly Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Or Casper The Friendly Ghost?

 

I don't know exactly how to start this but, here I go. About two years ago my parents and I moved into a relatively new townhouse that was a dream come true. Now I've always believed in the supernatural, but hadn't really experienced besides a few weird dreams here and there. I am a devout Christian and believe in angels and demons and God and Lucifer. The first year we were in the new house, nothing out of the ordinary happened to me. However, my friend always felt strange coming in. My room was especially concerning to her. She always says that every time she enters the room, her eyes begin to burn and feels certain heaviness. I would literally watch her eyes water every time she stepped in. Then we would always find dead flies in my room out of nowhere. But other than that, no "sightings" or voices. However, that all changed about two months ago.

Recently I hadn't been able to sleep until about eight in the morning, and being currently unemployed, I was able to stay up all night and sleep in the afternoon. I've always been a late sleeper, but this was getting out of hand. I didn't know what was causing it, but I just could not sleep at night. That was just the beginning. Sometimes, I'd be lying in bed and I'd see a shadow of a hand or smell something pretty vile. Usually, I loved to stay home alone and read and just enjoy the quiet. But lately, it seems when I'm alone I sit in terror. I hear strange creaking and someone coming up the stairs. Except there's no one home. I'll hear whispers, though I think it's my imagination. The worst is at night when I'm trying to sleep. My body goes rigid as I KNOW someone is watching me. Sometimes, I feel peace like whatever is in the room is definitely paranormal, but a good spirit (maybe even my guardian angel?). But other times I just feel pure evil, especially when I feel as if I'm being watched.

One incident, I was in my room and was on my laptop when my sister's heel (which was lying on the ground) moved and I heard paper crinkling. Thinking it was my dog, I called his name casually except I came to find out he was downstairs the whole time. In the past few weeks it's gotten worse. I hear things more often, and my dog (who is a sweet and lovable thing that NEVER barks) has started barking at my bed at random times and looks scared to death. My sister thought it was funny and put him on my bed once when he was barking and he jumped off as quickly as he could and had his tail between his legs. Maybe a coincidence, but I've heard of animals sensing things and seeing things we can't. If he and I are home alone, he'll sit in front of me sometimes like he's guarding me. He's only started doing this recently. That's not even the end of it.

Recently I've started having dreams where my sister or someone else I love became possessed and I had to kill them. I've always seen Jesus in my dreams, or a deceased family member making peace or speaking with me, but never a demonic being. And last night was the worst. I had a dream I was possessed and this THING was touching me. Except it felt a little too real for my comfort.

I'm not sure what this thing is and I don't know what it wants. I've always thought if you were a believer (no matter in what religion) things like this couldn't harm you, but I feel as if I'm slowly losing my mind. It's messing with me and I know there is something else in my house that is trying to stop it. Like I mentioned before, sometimes I get a feeling of peace, of such utter happiness that I assume it can't be anything BUT an angel. Or maybe a kinder spirit. Something that wants the terrible thing gone from my room. I feel as if they are battling it out, I'm not sure why but I just do. Oh Goodness, even as I am typing this out I hear pitter patter in the other room and my sister, dog, and I are the only ones in the house right now.

I've told my mother but she just says I'm imagining it. My sister, the same response (even though she's heard things as well, but is a rational thinker and tries to make excuses). I just want this thing gone whatever it is.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iluvbilly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TigFewton (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
I hope this so-called spirit isn't just leading you on with its so-called protection. Demons are at their best with deception. Unless it is of course one out of the million friendly demons. The prankster type attitude that you describe is most certainly a lesser demon type attitude. Have only full trust within yourself. You put too much trust in another, and things may go awry. You are your best weapon against anything supernatural. It's quite hard to drum up the courage and self-confidence, but as soon as you do, there are no boundaries of yours that this demon/spirit can cross. You have the power of your mind, which is infinite. TL;DR
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
I think there's a Vineyard Christian Fellowship, well I don't think it. Lol! I'm from Cali. Just Google it. It non-denominational/charismatic. You may catch my dad doin his thing there or leading worship in some churches. Email me & I'll give you more information kay?

Butterflygreen08 [at] aim.com

~LSD~
iluvbilly (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
lexi4308-Thanks so much for your response! (I love long posts fyi haha). I don't believe the Fred/Frank I saw in my dream was an angel. Perhaps he was someone who used to live here? A ghost maybe? Haha. I'm not sure, but I do believe he's kind, but what do I know? Thanks again! I really liked your detailed response.

Penny, thanks so much! I will email you, I have quite a few questions lol so be prepared! Lol. Thanks!

UPDATE:My friend (who used to live in the house right next door) just told me that she used to feel watched all the time and things would fall by themselves and doors would open and shut. She even had weird dreams 😲 I think I really SHOULD find out the history of my property because this is TOO much of a coincidence.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
iluvbilly - feel free to email me, for sure! I have no qualms, and I feel your Fred may b much like my own! Who knows - perhaps you're where my Fred goes when he buggers off on me! He likes to travel, or so it seems. Mine's not really chatty, just silly.

My email is in my profile, and I keep contact with a few members on her. Feel free, at any time, to email me!

Penny ❤ 😆
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Sorry I know a lot of people have helped you already but I felt like I should post my 2 cents anyway:) First off, I thought the same thing when I became a Christian, that bad things wouldn't happen anymore. But that was only the beginning! You really tick off the devil when you don't side with him:P Which is why we get attacked more often after we proclaim to be Christians. That makes the devil want us even more than when we were non-believers.
The next thing I wanted to say is about prayer. I believe that speaking prayer out loud in these types of situations helps more then thinking it. For one, demons can't hear your thoughts so they can't hear you thinking a prayer to get rid of them. They can torment you and drive you crazy and make you think what they want you to but they can't read your mind. You will get a much quicker and better response if you speak your prayer:) If I ever feel frightened or anxious or anything I ask God to keep me safe and send angels to protect me and watch over me. I also ask for the evil (demons or anything else) to get out of my room, house, mind, etc in the name of Jesus Christ and to NOT come back. You have to be firm on this sort of thing. I also ask for peace:).
As for your most recent dream I'm sorry, I don't have anything for that except that I'm iffy on it being an angel. It's not that I don't believe that one would reveal itself, it's just that I don't know if they would give names and I know for a fact demons can portray themselves as something they definitely aren't to get your trust.

So so sorry for blowing up your page with my long post lol. But I hope it helped:) Take care and God Bless!
iluvbilly (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Oh wow, thank you all so much for the responses, you really helped me out with all of them.

Good news, about a week ago my friend had told me to pray to God and Jesus and ask to get rid of the bad thing. So I prayed and asked for whatever evil spirit in my house to be gone, and for a week straight no evil presence has been felt, and my dog has gone back to sleeping on my bed.

However, I DO believe there is STILL something in my house, but it's just not evil. In fact, a few nights ago this being came to me in a dream (I had been ignoring everything up until then) and introduced itself. I felt giggly around it like it was an older man who was a prankster or a funny uncle back in the day 😁. From what I understood his name was Frank/Fred something like that and he told me the bad thing was gone but he'd keep guard for me. Now this could have been JUST a dream, but in my gut I know it's not.

Last night I woke up at around four/five in the morning and saw what looked to be black fuzz (best way I can describe it) floating next to my bed. I rubbed my eyes a few times but it was still there. However, once again, I didn't feel like it was evil.

Question though-How do I find out the history of my home? Sorry if this is a newb question haha but I've never really known how to go about that.

Penny, you seem to be a very active member on this site and would love to hear your thoughts on Fred/Frank (I hear you have a Fred of your own
😉)

And princesslotus, I live in the LA area, I would love to hear of churches to go to. (I'm European and have gone to only my ethnicity's church but I've always wanted to try something new).

Once again, thank you to everyone I really appreciate it and will take all the advice

<3 Ilovebilly
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Hi;

100% classic demonic assault symptoms. Dark shadows, fear, chaos, night time whisperings, scratchings, chocking, etc. Are tell tale demonic, who are experts at psychological warfare.

I recommend getting and using, especially at night & on your bed, Catholic Holy water. Also, the names of Jesus and Mary help a lot. You will need them. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
SpExX (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Seems frightening, do you think it's demons? There is a thing you can buy it's motion senceitive, you put it on something and what ever goes past it, it makes a beeping noise. Bye
Eva_the_empath (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I've heard that strong believers are even more prone to posessions, etc. It is as if their faith and strong will made them more attractive for the Evil to feed upon. Especially if they make the posessed do evil things, hence not normal agressive behaviour towards loved ones (which I hope is not the case with you). I don't, however, think you're posessed. It may as well be that Evil is trying your faith. As guys have written, you should check the history of the house, bless it, pray there a lot and aloud. I also always recommend seeing a priest.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Hmmmmm interesting you mentioned the dead flies and bad smells, eyes burning etc, that makes me think that whatever is dwelling in your home is not a nice entity I don't want to say the "D" word but those occurences are usually from what I believe, are related to them.
It must be hard not having the support of your family regarding this issue, and obviously you do not want to live in fear so the only thing I can think of is maybe blessing your house if this is possible, or if not maybe your room, prayers rituals etc?.
I would also try finding out the history of your home and the land this could also shed some light on the issue, watch your animals instincts and behaviour I believe they are more intune with the spiritual side then us humans in a way. I wish you all the best, keep us posted.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
hi, thankyou for your story very interesting, your dog is barking as he sees whatever in your room a threat. (we had a few ghosts in our house our dogs never barked my little jack russel even slept in my boys room where the little spirit was) having your house blessed will help and psalm 23 is the prayer for protection, good luck hope every thing is ok.di.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Uh, I have to say the enemy can appear to you as an Angel as a being of light. If some one tells you otherwise, it's not their fault they just aren't that educated in religion. Demons can also appear to you as a relative who has passed away & convince you that it's just that by having secret info that only that person would know. You had mentioned you're Christian & right on! Try to remember what Jesus taught us to do. Read the word out loud in your room & leave it open laying some where in your room. And yes, ask Jesus to come to you, that's what He wants. Tell this thing to leave you alone in the name of Jesus. You have the authority to do this. And just because you're a believer & born again doesn't mean you can't get messed with by the enemy & witness spiritual warfare. I have witnessed it my whole life. And as a pastor now I help people in these cases & much worse & that opens me up to plenty of attacks. I just always try to be ready. Talk to your youth leader or some one on staff at your church. You don't need your parent permission to do so. If you need help finding a church in your area that is filled with good Christians who keep it real, I can hook you up. It's what I'm here for. I'm not saying for sure this is any kind of attack but it can't hurt to rule it out. It could be stress, God knows stress can cause some crazy stuff to go down. Bless you & yours. Much love & I hope to hear from you soon.

Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com

~LSD~
badtay16 (18 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
I would pray about it... The spirit doesn't seem very good and probably get some ghost hunters in your home it may help get it out

Taylor ❤
Jitow (362 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
You are going to have to call out for Jesus if tou want it all to stop. You said you were a devout Christian, just say Jesus help me, and He will immediadely. If you can't speak it just think it.
jallen8037 (5 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
omg I like totally just got karma! And what are karma points? 😕
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
I feel for you and everything you are having to go through right now. I would like to say one thing though. Just because this entity seems very negative, that doesn't make it a demon. This may have been a person that was very negative in life, but also had a very good, sweet personality as well. A split personality and this could be what you're picking up on. Maybe this person struggled in life with this and is still struggling with it in death. Then again, it could be two different spirits in that house and the good one is fighting with the negative one to keep it from doing things to you and your family. Animals are very sensitive to things like this and your sister shouldn't frighten him. I wish your mother and sister would stop trying to deny it and you three could come together and work on investigating the history of the house and land and try to find some answers to what's going on.
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
to be honest it sounds in my opinion more like a mad ghost than a demon because as penny said a demon doesn't wait long and never feels good nice or peacefull I would try to ignore it for a little while maybe a week or so and if it gets worse get a medium in to check it out maybe but hey I'm not an expert just an attentive reader and my advice is based off of what I have read and heard
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Your dog's reactions say to me that this is something to take seriously. Animals have a better sense of things than we humans. They rely on instinct, and instinct is often correct where logic fails.
If whatever is in your home is a human entity, a home blessing or cleansing will not affect it. If it is something inhuman, then the cleansing/blessing may help a great deal. I think it would be a good idea to have a talk with your spiritual leader. Tell him all that you've told us here. Don't leave out a thing. He should be able to assist you. I hope you get the help from him you need. ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
The fact that you were dreaming about being possessed could just be the fact that you are that frightened. Eyes watering and feeling a heavy prescence can hapen with any type of spirit, not just malicious ones. If no one's been physically hurt yet, I can't imagine that this is a demon. It may not be Casper, but demons tend to act immediately, and not wait two, even three months.

Being a believer has nothing to do with if you can and can not be harmed by demons. I'm not going to lie, I'm agnostic, but I've heard accounts of Christains being possessed and all but killed by demons. I don't think it matters if you believe or not; If a demon wants you, he will come for you. It's been claimed, too, that the Christain/Catholic God allows demons to attack his followers to renew their faith in him, and to get the extra attention from his followers. This could just be a rumor.

Anyway, I would hold off on a blessing; If this ghost is this mad about something, then a blessing, or even an exorcism, could be a bad thing. It could make the spirit more active, and more volitile. I would look into your houses history, or the lands history. Once you find out who could have died on the property, it makes it clearer on which course of action to take.

Penny ❤
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Just be careful. Sometimes if one pays too much attention to these entities, they can become stronger. Try to ignore it and see what happens. You say you are a person of faith, so always know that Jesus is with you and He protects you. If things continue and/or get out of hand, perhaps it would be time to have the house blessed...

I'm no expert, I'm sorry. But I wish you luck!
luckyryan11 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
i guess il be the first one too say this guardian angels usually don't reveal themselves so easy its either jsut a spirit or a demon most likely dmeon lesser one evry weak probaly msot would have tried to attack you more be happy your ok try prayer even a blessing for your house exorcism if it gets really bad and its true dogs see that stuff if hes as scared as you say that demon must be one mean ugly mofo careful 😐 😠 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: