You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lost Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Lost Little Girl

 

This is my first submission on this site. I hope you will enjoy reading my story.

I have always believed in the paranormal, and this story is one that has left my family baffled to this day. About 35 years ago, whilst still a young girl, living in my parents' home, my mother, and my younger brother saw something they cannot explain. In those days, my fathers' job took him to Fargo, North Dakota, and he had just gotten my brother a job, as a "helper" in the union he worked for. My brother, Eddie, was about twenty years old, and he was excited about his new job and the opportunity of working out of state with my father. Getting ready to take this trip, was an event in its' self, because they were traveling by car from Corpus Christi, Texas, all the way to Fargo, which would require many hours of driving to get there. Anyway, back to the story.

It was about 3a.m. And my mom had just finished serving them breakfast. My dad told my brother to start loading up the car with their luggage and tools. Now, there was a carport attached to the kitchen door, which was on the side of the house that could view the front of the street. I had just gotten up so I could say good bye to my dad and brother and was getting myself a cup of coffee. My dad made one last trip to the bathroom, before taking off, and my mom was handing the things to my brother to pack into the trunk of the car, which was parked right by the side kitchen door. All of sudden I heard my mom, exclaim, "Who is that!". My brother said, "I don't know, but I bet she's sleep walking." I rushed over to my mom, who was at the door staring towards the front of the drive way. I asked her what was going on and she looked as if she had seen a ghost. She said that while she and my brother were loading the car, and talking, they noticed that a small little girl, about 4 or 5 years old had just passed by slowly walking on the sidewalk in front of our house. Mind you, it was 3 in the morning and no one else in the whole neighborhood was awake at the time.

My brother shut the car trunk, and jumped in the car, and said he was going to follow her to see where she might go and to make sure she got home O.K... My mom told him to be careful not to scare her, especially if she was sleep walking outside of her home. It might shock her if she was awakened and not in her bed. While my brother got in the car and slowly followed her down the street. My mom told me, that this little girl was wearing a little white dress; sort of like a shift or slip of sorts and that she had long dark hair, worn lose around her shoulders. My mom called out to her, but she did not respond or seem to have heard her. She just kept walking down the street. We walked toward the end of the driveway to see where my brother and the girl were and we noticed that half way down the street, my brother had hit the car brakes and stopped. We noticed that he got out of the car, and stepped to the sidewalk nearest the driver's side of the car. He stood there for several minutes then got back in the car and pulled into a driveway and came back to our house.

When he arrived, we asked him what had happened. He looked perplexed, and said, that as he followed the girl he had full view of her and never once did she turn to look at who was following her so close in a car. That seemed strange because anyone would turn and look to see who was following them at such close range, and she never did, she just kept walking. He asked if we had notice when he had gotten out of the car and we said, "Yes". My brother said that the reason he stopped and got out was because the little girl had turned into a drive way and seemed to walk right into the garage at the end of that drive way. He said there was no way, that this could of happened because the garage door was closed and the house was dark which told him the people inside were more than likely asleep. She just disappeared into the garage and my brother said he had gotten out of the car to make sure he had not made a mistake and not noticed if there was a way into the garage that he could not see. Eddie said there was no way a real girl could have gotten in.

We were so amazed at what had just happened, and my dad finally had come out to see what was going on and if the car was ready to go. We were excited and told him what had just happened and he just shook his head and said it was probably a lost soul of a girl that was lost and searching for the light. We all sort of agreed but the next morning I went to the nieghbours home to make sure they had not had a guest that was visiting them and had been sleep walking the night before. They swore that there was no such person at their home and they had been there sleeping at the time. We never saw her again. What do you think was it really a ghost?

I will write again about other strange happenings that occurred at my childhood home.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by roseinbloom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, roseinbloom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Jitow (362 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
Robertar, the most effective test for spirits is the test that immediately distinguishes a good spirit from and evil spirit. Rebuke it in the name of Jesus. If it is evil it will react negatively and what I mean by that is it will be gone immediately. If it is not evil and you rebuke it in Jesus name, no harm no foul.
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
1. There are many reports of inhuman spirits pretending to be children.

2. God is entirely capable of sending angels to escort people when they die, and is reported to do exactly this.

3. What test is there to discern if the spirit is as it appears?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Rose: I guess I should also mention that a person doesn't necessarily had to have died to cause a residual haunting... It is the emotionally charged energy that causes it 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Rose: It's always sad when a child is involved...But, if this was a residual haunting, it wasn't actually the little girl, only the emotions and extreme energy those emotions caused that made an imprint...So, rest your mind that the little girl has probably gone to the light! 😊...

Looking forward to more stories... ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
I agree with this being a residual haunting, although I also was wondering if it could have something to do with astral projection, maybe this girl could unintentionally been doing this. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Thank you, BadJuuJuu, I agree with you and zzsgranny, that this may have been a residual haunting. As to grannys' question about how long I lived at this house, well, I lived there for 20 years. And yes, there were many strange things that happened in our home while living there. The little girl, we only experienced that one time, but in future stories, you will hear about the sound of crying babies in the dead of night and during the day, children playing outside in our back yard in the wee early hours of the day, etc. Nick, thank you too for your interest, when zzsgranny mentioned, about how something tramatic might have happened to this child, I was upset because I've thought of this too and am sadened that bad things may have happened to a child and is still playing over and over again.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Rose: I agree with BadJuuJuu... And just like a recording, they can eventually wear thin, and stop altogether... How long did you live at this home?...Do you remember the date?...Some residuals act out their routines daily, some only on certain days or dates... Had anyone in the neighborhood reported anything like that to your knowledge?...Wow, this is pretty cool! 😊 ❤
nickj916 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Hi I live in CT and had seen a little girl on the front porch who fit that decripition but the figure I saw was all like white/grey/blue (like the shading) but I could tell what color her hair was and how she was dressed, butthe white dress look to be from a victorian era. My mohter and I were the only ones home at the time and I was in the room facing the door where I saw it. My mom was in the basement, but what I saw was clear as day. ❤ 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
What you guys witnessed was a residual haunting. There is no ghost actually present, which is why she never acknowledged anyone. Only her image is present, her awareness is elsewhere.
A residual haunt is a sort of visual or audio recording of he past. These recordings are usually of a highly emotional nature, where the person experienced something so strongly that it left an imprint of itself in the surrounding environment. Residuals can also show things of a highly repetitive nature, such as a person doing the same things every day. Those repetitive actions sort of wear an imprint into the environment, much like walking the same path every day will wear a trail into the ground.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: