You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Phantom Truck in Rural Oklahoma

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom Truck in Rural Oklahoma

 

I live out in the country, but not like the deep woods or anything. We have neighbors that live close by. Although, there is a cemetery about a mile away (walking distance). About six or seven years ago I decided to start riding my bike for exercise. Just to the entrance of the cemetery and back.

One early evening I decided to go bike riding. I decided to go straight rather than turn towards the cemetery. When I was coming back, I saw this old green and white striped chevy pick up. There was a pretty young guy driving it. I didn't hear the engine, but it was coming right at me, then it turned all of a sudden toward the cemetery. There was no dust flying up from behind it or anything. This took place during the summer, there should have been dust and the sound of a motor, but nothing!

He started to loop around and I pedaled my bicycle as fast as I could. I have never been so scared in my life! It was just so creepy. Needless to say, I never rode my bike out that way ever again.

I never saw that truck again until 2005. My sister and I were outside. It wasn't quite dark yet and we saw the same truck coming down the road. It reached my mom's house and then disappeared. We kept waiting and waiting, but nothing. We were pretty freaked out. I had just finished watching a spooky show with her and we got to talking about scary stuff. I had mentioned the truck incident to her and then we saw it. For three nights in a row it would come down the road with its lights on and those overhead lights with one light out.

It came down the road and disappeared.

Well, on the fourth night, with no sight of the truck we decided to find the truck. Fortunately for us, we didn't find it. I have not seen that truck since then. I will probably see it tonight just because I mentioned it. I'm afraid that it may be an omen or something.

If anyone from rural Oklahoma has seen a truck similar let me know. I'm quite interested in knowing it's origin (if there is one).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostbeliever79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
I live in checotah, north side of eufala. Is it near here? I'd go look for it.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
What Area of Oklahoma did this occur? If I may ask. I'm kind of curious now. 😕
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
I live over in the Keystone Area. I've had some weird stuff happen around here, but not a phantom truck.
zahowy (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-05)
wierd if I saw it again my heart would beat like a cheetah

"death is as painful as you make it"(I heard this quote and loved it imediatly)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
I have never come across anything like this in real life. I have heard of urban legends that contain phantom vehicles and such. I even seen an episode of Supernatural to that effect. I wouldn't even know how you would rid yourself of a phantom truck.

Peace, Love, Luck be with you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: