You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Phone Call from a Dead Friend

Real Ghost Stories

A Phone Call from a Dead Friend

 

On October 15th, 3 years ago, I and two friends drove to Boise, Idaho so that I could have open heart surgery. I needed to have four bypasses done as my arteries were 90% plugged. When we arrived in Boise, we had to find a motel room to stay in over night, as I had to be at the hospital at 6am the next morning. My mom and brother were also going to be there but they would arrive a couple of hours later.

We found a motel and checked in. We went to the room and took in our things for the night. We were sitting in the room for about 20 minutes when the phone rang and my care provider answered it. She got a funny look on her face and she said the phone was for me. No one knew where we were staying as I had not contacted anyone to let them know where we were staying. I took the phone and a spanish sounding voice on the other end asked if this was me. I said yes and he said "don't have your surgery tomorrow, it's not your turn to die..." I was floored, no one that knew I was to have my surgery had been contacted. I asked "who is this?" and he said, "it's Oscar".

The only person I knew by that named had died the year before of cancer. I had worked with him at the factory and he would stop every shift and talk to me. In the background I could hear hundreds of voices and I asked him where he was at and he said, "I am in between Heaven and Earth..." Then he told me again not to have my surgery, as it was not my turn to die and the connection went dead. I could hardly believe that this had happened and I told my friends about the phone call. I called my brother and told him about the call, they were still about an hour away from Boise, he knew this friend as he worked at the same factory as we did. He told me that I better take the call seriously and they would see us in a little while and we would go eat.

We discussed the phone call over dinner and my mother and brother both agreed that I had better talk to my doctor about it, at least about my concern. The next morning we went to the hospital just before 6am and they started getting me ready, I asked to see my doctor and they told me he would be there in a few minutes. I looked through the door a few minutes later and he was pacing back and forth in tight circles in front of my door.

Then he came in and before I could tell him what had happened, he said that my surgery had been postponed for a week and that the head doctor of the department would be in to see me in a few minutes. When the other doctor came in, he told me that the doctor that was scheduled to do the surgery had lost the last three patients he had and they were all from my area. He had rescheduled my surgery for one week later and that he would be doing the surgery.

One week later, I had the surgery and went through it with out any problems. I thank God that he allows our friends to warn us when it's not are turn to die. I also thank God for giving me a second chance and for giving us friends that care enough to change the future.

Other hauntings by saddy1943

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saddy1943, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Literally a freaky, emotional, beyond the exception... Story... While reading I was just thinking It could be happen... Overwhelming story... Loved this... I am glad your surgery was successful...
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
When I was about eleven, my mother recieved a phone call one afternoon. She answered the phone, and as she listened, I saw her go pale. "Who is this", she said, and asked again. She took the reciever from her ear, and hung up. I asked her what was going on... She said that the voice at the other end was her Aunt Blanche, who'd died several months before. She said the voice sounded strange, like from a ways off, but recognizable as her aunt, and kept saying, "Margaret, can you hear me? It's me, can you hear me?"
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
BEAUtiFuL story! I love stories like this and its nice to know there's a place for us after this life as well as ways of communicating with the people we leave behind ❀ amazing.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
WOW this story is awesome! I'm glad youre okay, thanks to your friend! ❀ 's
taylorchelsea (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
I think that is amazing that he is looking after you. And able to actually talk to you! Most ghost send signs, and not by actually talking clearly.

Take Care! ❀
3gohstlovers (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Did oscar have the same doctor as you? Meaning did he have the same surgery or problem has you?
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
That is very good that your old friend wanted to warn you about the surgery.

It is good that he is looking over you 😊

Take care! ❀
3gohstlovers (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Wow that is a great story. When you talked to Oscar did you seem to see him anywhere or have cold chills. πŸ˜•
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
That's an amazing story and now one of my favorites.
It also makes me very curious... Every life is valuable, but obviously it wasn't your time for a REASON. Have you discovered it (or some) of those reasons? I'm really interested in what you do and who's lives you have touched and made a difference in. Funny thing is, you probably don't know you might effected many more just by sharing that story! 😁
SlyGemini10 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
This is truly an exceptional story. Oscar must have been a really caring friend. It makes me curious why so many other people don't get experiences like these, or maybe they do and they just don't say anything about it. That was a great story and I'm glad you passed your surgery.
deltanova (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Great story! That must have had a great impact on your life!
I almost went on assignment once out of country for work and I received a phone call from my friend who had been killed in the line of work a year earlier to the day! He told me that I would die if I went, and believe me, I listened!
It's nice to know we have people watching out for us, isn't it?
tmari76 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
oh, wow... Your story gave me goose bumps! What a fabulous friend to have contacted you from the other side. I'm with massive-lemon...that definitely should merit a ticket to Heaven!
babygirlacm (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
hello I read your story and you seemed to be really close to this guy friend of yours I would believe it that happened to me when I had a friend die of cancer? He was nice enough to warn u. This may have been like last year I think I hope you are doing better that story gave me the chills but I liked it that just means he is watching over you.
And was your expeirence a year ago? Anyways I like the story take care!
mesa25 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
That is amazing! That quite honestly, even with my own recent experiences I have still been pretty sceptical about ghosts and such, but after reading that I am a total believer. The only thing in my memory that even comes close is my Gramma telling us that right after Grampa's funeral he came to see her at the house and told her she needed to move from the house. She did, but shamefully, I thought then that she was just sad and imagined it. I can see now, that I was wrong. I don't think someone could read that and not believe it. You have a purpose to be in this world, that is for sure.
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
what a great story! I am not a religious person but I think that stories like this make me feel so guilty for not believing when it is staring us in the face. I do not want to be a bad person.
Take care looking forward to the next. Lausx
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Sorry for the late comment, I am so glad that your friend saved your life. Sounds like to me he was trying to warn you about the other doctor, since he had already lost three more patients. Thanks for the story. 😊
Priya (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I am getting strength in knowing that there is life after death... Each and every move/noise etc., guess should be observed it could be a signal from our loved one who passed away!
xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Thank you for shareing your story with us saddy1943. I think you have an angel watching over you. And hes a true friend to let you live. You should be happy to have a friend to be there for you. Take care let's keep in touch with our storys.

God Bless
purplepink78 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-26)
Great story and great friend!
I'll share something to you... This is also about a phone call of a sibling to his sister:
When my mom was young, maybe she was in highschool... They have a neighbor... Her neighbor is also studying in highschool that time.
One day, my mom's neighbor's going home from school. Later on, his sister heard a phone call. When his sister, picked up the phone, a familiar voice said,"Goodbye.I won't come home anymore. Take care of yourself..."Thinking that it was a trick, his sister didn't mind him...
But moments later, the phone rang again. The voice said,"Your brother died! He was killed"His sister can't believe 'cause he just saw his brother having dinner! But then his sis believed...
Scott131 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
That is a great story, and completely believeable. I had to stop and light up a cigarette because I knew it was going to be a good one. Thanks for posting!
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
That's a cool story! It's a good idea to take supernatural warnings seriously, as they are beings outside time and can see the future.
bbyguhrlx3 (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
wow, touching story.
that was a great warning for you, if you hadn't taken Oscar's advice seriously then you wouldn't be here ; miraclee aye ?

i enjoyeed reading yooouur story[:

thanks for sharing[: πŸ˜†
Massive_Lemon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Dang. He was between Heaven and Earth and still managed to warn you. If that doesn't merit entrance to Heaven, I don't know what does. 😊
Ghostreader (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Your friend must be your gurdian angel I bet he cared about you a lot when he was alive and he still does so he warned you. 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
That is a truly fabulous miracle 😁 The Lord and His angels, both in Heaven and between Heaven and Earth certainly work in mysterious ways.

I am delighted to hear the surgery went well, and hope you continue to have a health blessed future.

thank you so much for sharing what must be a very special memory for you.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
WOW thanks for sharing this story with us I enjoyed reading it. When someone passes away people do get phone calls and letters of them after its just amazing. Its strange in a way. People have told us these stories.
ThaiFemme (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
wow, that story brought tears to my eyes. I am glad you are ok! I do believe that although people we come across in our lives pass away, but they still sense us... Especially during the times we need them the most. ❀
lallorona26_sm (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
that's a really good story I will put on my favorites! (pS glad you were okay!) 😁 😊
ducky493 (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
saddy1943 that happened to me I drank a bottel of motrin when I was five I anwserd the phonemy great grandfhater was there and said not to do it becasue his pet died from it that week someone died from it so it was moved to 3 weeks later thank god 😊 πŸ˜• 😁
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-19)
cool, I read some where that there is this hostipal some where in australia that people will pick up a ringing telephone and a live loved one will be one the other end okay that's not strange but the thing is niether the person in the hostipal or the other person called both answer the phone people have looked into it and they can't find a reason for it but it happens only to people going in for major surgey

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: