You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: A Demon Crossed Over

Real Ghost Stories

A Demon Crossed Over

 

My experience happened about three months ago. I have always been a believer of the paranormal; I have seen things in my lifetime most people laugh about, or joke around with. The truth is there is another world out there, a SPIRITUAL world and the experience I will talk about is one that until today still scares me. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about it.

It all began with a book my sister in law insisted I should read, as a curious one I opened it and began to read one page after the other. This book spoke of ways to bring spirits back to speak to them. It gave detailed descriptions of sacrifices and named names of demons that would help through all these practices. A few paragraphs in I decided this was too much for me so I returned the book and figured Id forget about it soon, I was so wrong!

That night I was on the phone with my boyfriend as I lay on my bed and in a moment this strong violent wind came blowing hitting my back with great force, this made me very cold and scared at the same time. I was too scared to look back because this wind came out of no where my window was sealed shut as a younger kid so there wasn't a reasonable explanation for why this was happening. Then I felt something was staring at me and I grew more anxious and scared and

I tried yelling for help but it was as though I was paralyzed. From the distance in the wind I could hear this vicious dog sound like approaching me getting closer and closer, only I knew deep inside it was not a dog but a demon.

I was once a strong Christian believer so I claimed the blood of Jesus, In my mind since I couldn't talk I told the demon the Lord was on my side and that he couldn't take me or hurt me like he wanted too. I kept praying until I came back and I could finally hear my boyfriend on the phone again, I asked him if he had heard something and his response was that it had been absolutely quiet and he had thought I had fallen asleep but I knew this was something real because I could ways hear my boyfriend and though I tried asking him to help nothing came out of my mouth.

I never went to sleep that night and I know I opened some kind of door by reading that book and the next days proved it to me. I took a camping trip with my boyfriend's family the next couple of days. I was relieved I didn't want to sleep in my room again. I thought it would all stop and I'd finally have some peace. I was so wrong.

Every night of that trip this thing came back and just sat at the foot of the bunk beds where Id hear it growl and it would be a constant battle to make it go away! Not one of those nights was I alone yet no one heard or saw anything. As ironic as this may sound I knew this demon from before all of these things started happening I had seen him in dreams, I guess reading that book made him more powerful somehow and now he was after me and I don't know exactly what he wanted me for.

As soon as I made it home from the trip I called my sister and I insisted she come down and pray for me, we decided I would sneak that book from my sister in law's room and we would burn it as we prayed and asked protection from God. The hour came and we began, I won't forget that day, it seemed that as we began to pray a strong wind started trying to blow away all the pages of the book we had torn out. It took hours before all the pages were consumed, and I saw the demon run through my window. I knew then things would be ok as a big sense of relief came over me.

My sister and I talked about our experience and she described a demon that looked like a dog only he stood on two legs and was taller than the both of us with red eyes and pointy ears, again I have seen this demon before but never so close. I was glad it was finally over I could sleep again. Since this happened my sister in law doesn't talk to me, she has done so many things to be sure I'm miserable, and I know why, she shared this demon with me for a few brief days, and I pissed it off. I only hope one day she turns to God.

Practicing things like these tie you down so be careful with what you read, I learned my lesson.

I'm sorry if this was long it was my true story hope you believe that these things truly do exist.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moonamiga, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Wow! What a scary experience! I got chills towards the end of your story. I am very happy you turned to God and let him be your savior. Thank you for sharing your story. It's so humble of you to hope your sister in law turns and find God. It's obviously the evil in her trying to and doing bad things to you. Keep strong, May God continue to bless you 😁 ❤
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Moonamiga,

Wow... This seems like a very frightening experience. I am glad that you were not severely harmed at all by this demon.

Now, I noticed that you said your sister-in-law "shared this demon" with you. Do you know that for sure? Does your sister-in-law practice rituals and communicate with demons?

I also want to say that reading books like that can bring in negative energy. Like this dog-like demon for instance. Reading the book probably gave it strength to make a physical form of itself. I would recommend that you stay away from books like that now. Only read books that give you a positive kind of energy.

And, if you do sense anything dark lurking in your house, you should cleanse it. To get rid of the negative energy. 😊
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
I've had similar experiences, years ago, isolated experiences spanning over five years or so. I personally didn't put it down to an intelligent demonic attack. For me, it was just a garden variety haunting that followed me from one house to the next before I white saged the hell out of the situation. For me, personally, I think getting a demons attention is similar to having a mystical biblical visit from an angel. Not likely. Seems plenty of people on this site disagree with me though? Just sayin.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
There is so much jumping up and down about demons in general on this site...
rweath1989 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-02)
Sounds like sleep paralysis. I can make noises according to others who have witnessed me during sleep paralysis. I moan and stuff, slobbering everywhere. Looks like I'm having a stroke. I can't hear myself though I can only hear my thoughts and feel the heaviness of my body.
Rozemaiden (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Interesting that seem to keep having experiences with what I'm assuming are hell hounds. Usually they are not there to harm you, but to warn you of things to come or possibly protect you.

Opening a book (regardless of the book's content) will not open a "portal" - chances are high something out there maybe was concerned about what you would do with that information and tried to warn you off?

I own and have read extensively many books on spirit summoning and communication. I can safely say that simply cracking a book with not draw demons to you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-16)
It sounds to me like sleep paralysis more than anything else. SP is more likely to occur if a person is stressed out, and with you stating that sleep is an escape it sounds like you're stressed pretty badly.
If you can eliminate or reduce stress, do so. It should help your sleep issues quite alot.
Just my two cents. I'm not touching the religious angle, there's nothing I can contribute on that front.
moonamiga (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-16)
Guys,
Im back.
Ive gone through some ups and downs since I have told this story. I have had my paranormal experiences but I have learned to live with them.

Last night however I was visited by something again. Something that disturbed me greatly.

I want some advice of what it might be and what I can do. I don't know what to do and I am sick to my stomach.

Last night I woke up about 5 times from 1 am to 6 am. I saw myself multiple times from above like observing everything that was going around.
I wanted to get up and talk and pray but something would hold me down, actually more like violently pin me down.

I was raised a Christian so I was taught to claim the blood of Christ and everytime I went to speak and pray it felt as though someone was covering my mouth so I could not speak.
I was still trying to pray in my head, but it seemed as nothing was happening. It felt like a long battle.
All along I felt a growl in my ear again that terrifies me. I thought I got rid of this damn demon.
It would just sit there behind my back growl and hiss like it was pissed off. My first thought was it was my puppy playing with her toy, so I tried looking down at the foot of the bed for her and since I was seeing everything from above I could see her there. Laying like she does when I tell her she has been a bad girl, she too was presencing that being and she looked terrified.
I tried and tried to get up and snap out of it, but its a horrible feeling to feel so helpless and attacked in that manner.
Sleep is my only escape to my problems and now It seems to be a problem to sleep.
Can anyone shed some light?
I know I have failed God over and over, at one point my prayers would make any being or entity flee on the spot but know it seems like they just mock me. I know my faith has grown weak. I just don't think I can keep doing this alone anymore.
bmth_devil (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
Moonamigma, I've been through somewhat of the same thing, and I can say, I will pray for you through the rest of your hard times dealing with these evil guests.
moonamiga (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Guys thanks for your posts its been 2 years since this story I have had a whole lot more happen. Mostly because of my curiosity in things I end up opening doors I can't handle at times.

My faith keeps me going though:) I have learned that nothing can touch you or harm you when you are spiritually strong.

Even when I read these stories I don't believe half of them and I can understand anyones doubts but in that case... God will never give you more than you can handle and in my experience with all these things even happening now that I will come back and write, I see the purpose of it all.

How can I provide comfort to a soud If I don't believe?

My faith in God has become my reason to live:)

So stay tuned for more to come:)

Good day all ❤ ❤
Evilasdfg (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
okay that is creepy if I were you I would try to stay away from this type of stuff
Zanator (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
Maybe the creature was soul-bound to the book, and touching it created a link between you two.

Plus, haven't you read the Chronicles of Spiderwick? Seriously, people! Be careful what you friggin read!
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
I doubt you reading the book invoked anything. Maybe since you were so terrified of it, somehow it fed off of that fear and wanted to keep pushing you? Have you play with a ouija board in the house? I'm against ouija boards! Too many bad things...
Orangyness98 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
This is going to sound stange. I think its a crazy coincidence (or something more?). But if you've watched the first and second Paranormal Activity movies then you'll understand what I'm talking about. Whenever I saw the first one, and even still, I always expect to actually see the demon standing in the doorway, although you never really do. How I describe the demon as what I expected is exactly like how the narrator's sister in this story explained what this demon looked like. Dog, but on two legs. Red eyes. Pointy ears. What I expected from a movie is what this girl really saw. Also, in the movie there are two sisters who get bothered by the demon. In this story, the narrator and (her?) sister were bothered by the demon. Yet in this story, there's a happy ending.
moonamiga (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
I am so deeply sorry to rook and white buffalo for not contacting you.

Ever since I started to aknowledge these happenings my new home has become their place to be.

I just wanted to say thank you for your help, it meant a great deal to me but I can't try to get rid of this thing any longer, I will just ignore it as I have been doing and hope for the best.

Ive been praying and have tried to put all the negativity away and it is not as hostile as it once was so my guess is its working because I am not feeding it which makes me extremely happy!

Again thanks for all your help. 😁

Wish you all the very best!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
moonamiga,

I look forward to whatever and how much you wish to share. There are a great many on this site who can bring understanding and even aid to those who ask for it.

WB,

Ah, I do see what you mean and I meant no offense to JimD. I may be too focused on that durn book...

Thank you for the Friend request on Facebook, and there was another person whom asked if I was Rook... Yes to both and I added each of you (though I'm not so great on Facebook and I was unable to reply directly to the requests...).

Respectfully,

Rook
moonamiga (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
White buffalo I hope all is well for you, and hope all those around ones are ok too and good luck with that issue...
moonamiga (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
Thank you all for trying to help.

White buffalo take your time... Sorry I haven't emailed you I have been working 10 hour shifts and come home extremely tired. I will email you a couple of things tonight though.

Rook as it seems you and white buffalo work together I will email you the same.

I hope I am not getting all you in trouble with this. If at any point it becomes too much feel free to walk away as I brought it on myself and deserve what it has in store for me.

Jim thanks for your advice and believing my encounter. I will be praying constantly.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
First off, moonamiga, you should know that I have a herd of people working on sorting out whatever it is that you may be going through there, and am still contacting people to see what they think. If you do not hear from us in a while, do not be disheartened, we are working through your words bit by bit (and I have had a personal issue arise) and coming up with quite a list of questions.
Please be patient, and be assured that we will do all in our power to expose the truth of this situation for you.
Wado
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
Yes, but Rook, this is a "worse case scenario" that we are working with here, is it not?
IF the producers and writers of all these new age sitcoms and movies would have us to believe them, even THINKING a thought such as "I wish I had a third arm and hand to do so much more work", just the THOUGHT would bring in the being.
Now IF that be truth, there is your cause and effect.
The problem is, society as a whole has begun to accept and EMBRACE the idea that this be true, when in fact, it is not. It is all "media induced knowledge", and Charmed, Supernatural and others like them are ALL at fault.
So...if you read back through Jim's FIRST comment, and read it as it is written, he never ONCE said that the BOOK had anything to do with this.
Go ahead, 😉 Read it again.
Get a different read, THAT time?
**Man, I wish these emoticons came with wiggly eyebrows!
All in Perception, my friend. All in Perception.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
JimD,

I totally respect your opinion and point of view, but 'no real' attempt was made to contact anyone/thing. She read the book and decided it was not something she wanted to mess with...

"It all began with a book my sister in law insisted I should read, as a curious one I opened it and began to read one page after the other. This book spoke of ways to bring spirits back to speak to them. It gave detailed descriptions of sacrifices and named names of demons that would help through all these practices. A few paragraphs in I decided this was too much for me so I returned the book and figured Id forget about it soon, I was so wrong!" (from the story above)

Now something happened because of her contact with it, but it was not done as an active/overt attempt to summon or make contact.

I agree about the Holy Water and other sugestions you make, they fit for 'clenasing' things if that is ones Faith.

Moonamiga,

Still working on this one, will keep you posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
JimD (431 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Hi again;

Sorry to add another thought, but sudden depression and unexplained anger / rage are favorite tools of the Devil. Fear and chaos often indicate its presence, just as much as do dark shadows, cold spots, and nightly scratchings - especially at 3 AM - to mock the hour of Jesus death on the Cross. The cure is always the same, though. I hope it's gone, but I sense it may be lingering, just out of sight. I hope I'm wrong. Pls. Remember thta Catholic Holy water and the names of Jesus and Mary. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
JimD (431 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Wow;

As a demonologist, I rarely come across such a glaring cause and effect story. Attempting to contact the spirit of a deceased soul is the sin of necromancy. It often invites a demon, as does calling them by their actual foul names.

Normally, I'd recommend Catholic Holy water, and using the names of Jesus and Mary. They fear both those names, especially that of Mary. However, this situation seems to have resolved itself, at least for the moment and, hopefully, forever. I'm happy for you. If you ever need any more assistance, I'm free. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
WB,
Could you e-mail me... Or let's find a way to chat. Something here is not 'clicking' for me...

No offence moonamiga, could you e-mail me as well. The details you are passing to WB seem to point to... Well I'm not sure, need more details...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Hello again, moonamiga.
I have e-mailed you. Hopefully it is in your box. 😊
I would like you to know that there are certain things that are out of my range of knowledge as of yet. If I have questions about something, I go seeking answers. I tell you this as I have contacted a few reliable people that I know to come on over here and take a look and see what their thoughts are on your situation.
You should know (you do not know ME, so this may mean naught TO you) that these are very honest and serious (well, they know how to LAUGH, but they "get down to business" when needing to) people, and will never intentionally lead anyone astray.
As always, you can take the advice, or leave it. No one is going to get offended if you do not particularly take a cotton to what they have to offer. We are ALL in this together. We KNOW it takes all kinds.
All I ask is that you keep an open mind. SOME of what you may read, as a result, MAY seem a bit far fetched, but at least think on it for the amount of time it takes you to read the response. Hopefully they will start rolling in soon.
Wado.
moonamiga (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
White buffalo,

Thank you so much for your words, they have been the most comforting refering to the Lord. Thank you.

Talking about this entity when I see it in my dreams it runs away from me and hides and has always been in the dark so I can see the outline of it but not much texture. His eyes have always been red though. When I saw him in my window all I saw was his upper torso he has black like fur tall skinny but broad shoulders seema like his upper torso resembles that of a man but the rest of his body is animal like. I never saw a tail.

Yes I grew up with my sister in law and from what my sister tells me yes my sister in law has been practicing and has done it for a while.

Are all these things conected? I don't know this is why I'm here. Am I under stress? Yes! But at one point I was homeless and alone and even then I kept a positive energy. If you knew me you would know this is not me at all.

I don't want this thing to take over me anymore...
moonamiga (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
white buffalo could you please email me? You will find my email adress on my profile and I will answer all these questions.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Attire. Your canine, can you describe his attire? Did he have any accessories? A tail or any kind? Any wings?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
No need to apologize, moonamiga. I understand all too well.
Whew. Now where to start? It DOES feel as if the world is perched precariously on those shoulders, does it not? Believe me, I am NOT making fun. I KNOW where you are right now. I would like to encourage you to read BadJuuJuu's story Sad, Scared, Angry. As I write this, it is still on the left side of the screen here, and she is still in the process of receiving advice and encouragement in the comment section.
Are you under the impression that all three issues (the book, the dog and this current issue) are intertwined, or totally separate?
Believe it or not, that COULD be important.
Can you recall if these unnatural anger impulses, sadness and depression were accompanied by any unusual stresses? What I mean is, we ALL deal with stresses every day. Sometimes even GOOD stresses can seem "bad" when many of them pile on. I am asking THESE kinds of questions as I am trying to get a feel for whether or not you MAY have emphatic qualities.
IF (and that IS an "IF") you do, it is a distinct possibility that the dog you encountered may have been the physical manifestation OF the empathy for the situation between you and your sister-in-law, and not a "demon" per say, but just as damaging.
By the way... UNLESS you did more than mere incantations out of that book- please, PLEASE listen to this, YOU did NOT summon ANYthing (Sorry, I am going through the comments again as I am working through this with you). I am curious about the ownership OF this book. It really sounds like your sister-in-law got hooked pretty quickly, did she have interest in The Art BEFORE the discovery of the book, or do you know? It sounds as if you grew up together. Is that right?


Oh, Hun... You know what? The Good Lord made us KNOWING that we would stumble. He KNEW we would fail and need to be picked up again. In fact, He ALLOWS us to be tempted with various things, allows us to feel alone, allows us to fail miserably... In the hopes that we will CHOOSE to return TO Him. A LONG time ago I said this, and it caused quite a stir on this site, but I FIRMLY believe The Lord is the God of second chances. The thing about THAT is, He tends to forget our mistakes nanoseconds after they are forgiven.
You know what that MEANS, right?
It NEVER happened.
As long as you ask for forgiveness. God would NEVER expect US to forgive 70 times 7 times, if HE could not forgive MORE. NOTHING is too small or too large for Him to forgive.
My apologies for this being so long. There is still so much I would like to discuss.
Wado.
moonamiga (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
White buffalo I'm so sorry for being rude yesterday. I found out I might lose my job and I am the support for my boyfriend and I and it feels everything is falling apart.

Let me answer you politley now, I lay on my side, and I guess the sound demanded more attention.

When I wrote this story I simply wanted to share that experience. It seems that lately I have felt very strong amger to the point I want to physically hurt my 6"2 boyfriend when I am only 5"4. And when I think about it I had no reason to be mad. Its very upseting.

I constantly feel sad and depressed, and believe me its not a psychological thing I have been through therapy many times already. I feel this presence watching me constantly though I have never seen it myself. The vibe and energy it sets off isn't very inviting but rather intimidating. It brings fear.

I guess a I might just need a spiritual retreat to set myself free of all this negative energy.

White buffalo thank you for taking your time, and God bless.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: